Kim loves to play anyone when she got good team.

I know we slid backwards last year and had a lot of young girls and injuries, but I am disappointed that we seem to be just going backwards... Ladyvols, already losing to Penn St and VT?? When would you have said we would lose to those teams? Other schools seem to keep moving forward and improving and we are falling behind... is this the overall narrative at UT now? Football, BBall(mens and women), baseball, volleyball, track and field, swimming and diving, on and on..... I can remember when we were good and competitive in everything.

I know I'll not watch today's game. I've lost my patience w/this team & staff.

I've been a huge Lady Vol fan since 1987 when TN was on TV because of Pat Summit. I get so mad at the way this team plays at times I want to choke some coaches & players. I'm tired of screaming at the TV when our players just stand around watching the game & are not playing at their full potential. I can't stand to see them miss free throws which should be no problem to these players.

Later on after the game, I'll check the score & if we win I'll watch the replay on ESPN. Until then, I hope my blood pressure will be back down to normal.

Last edited:
I know we slid backwards last year and had a lot of young girls and injuries, but I am disappointed that we seem to be just going backwards... Ladyvols, already losing to Penn St and VT?? When would you have said we would lose to those teams? Other schools seem to keep moving forward and improving and we are falling behind... is this the overall narrative at UT now? Football, BBall(mens and women), baseball, volleyball, track and field, swimming and diving, on and on..... I can remember when we were good and competitive in everything.

U are very current.. and it hurt when some ppl tried to defend Holly. I don't see where anyone should defend her and say it's the players fault. it's a coach who make players great. Look at when pat was pat, I remember watching for the first time and they still won a championship without star Catchings back then.. When u look bk at that time u see improvement even if they lost a game it won't matter because everyone is improving daily. But wat do we see now, team wt stars like D.D, Mercedes, And other 3 starts can't even win unrank team. Have anyone watch Uconn? I watched their first game and I started a trend that they're in trouble..based on wat I saw during first half,but that same team most ppl thought would be #7 or 10 rank is now playing like a championship team again. D.D average over 20+ point at NC, so wat happened now is wat Holly need to answer.

Just like football, no one fears the Big Orange anymore. :no:

I know I'll not watch today's game. I've lost my patience w/this team & staff.

I've been a huge Lady Vol fan since 1987 when TN was on TV because of Pat Summit. I get so mad at the way this team plays at times I want to choke some coaches & players. I'm tired of screaming at the TV when our players just stand around watching the game & are not playing at their full potential. I can't stand to see them miss free throws which should be no problem to these players.

Later on after the game, I'll check the score & if we win I'll watch the replay on ESPN. Until then, I hope my blood pressure will be back down to normal.

I can't watch either. You just never know what team is going to show up. I just follow the score and game stats on Twitter. It's like I kind of lost the passion for Lady Vols basketball. Hopefully things get better. It's hard watching your favorite WCBB team struggle this way. I'm hoping they pull an upset. Also, I think Dorris Burke is calling the game. For the ones watching, I just want to warn you that you might hear promote UConn repeatedly.

D.D average over 20+ point at NC, so wat happened now is wat Holly need to answer.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that English is not your first language.

Moving on to facts, Diamond did not average over 20 ppg at UNC. At UNC, she scored 18 ppg by shooting far more shots than the second most prolific shooter. She only shot 43% from the field (ranking 7th on her team) and shot 28% from three. She had 122 turnovers (leading the team), but only 92 assists.

Last year at Tennessee (2015-2016), Diamond averaged 14 ppg on 39% shooting, and she again led the team in number of shots taken. From three, she shot 25%. She committed 115 turnovers (again leading the team), but only had 82 assists.

So far this year, Diamond is averaging 15 ppg but she has improved her shooting. She is shooting 44% from the field and 35% from three. She again leads the team in number of shots taken, but this is the best shooting year of her career. She again leads the team in turnovers at 26 and has 26 assists, finally giving her an assist/turnover ration of 1.00.

So while Diamond is still a volume shooter, her shooting has taken a turn for the better this year. Let's see if she can keep it up against ranked opponents.

Reactions: 2 people
Lady vols will loose to Baylor by 20pts -25.

Nailed it.

I bet there are 50 D1 coaches who would take this roster and do well. Maybe the new AD could give Holly a title like 'coach emeritus', buy her a used conversion fan, and let her do some fund-raising.

VN Store

Back