who wins?

MR, DD, JN, TC, AM vs AH, EW, KK, RD, CG

Team #1

This would be a far more entertaining poll with the following questions answered.

1. Are we talking a pick up game?
2A. Are we talking in a structured environment?
2B. Are there coaches?
3. If there are coaches who is coaching which team?
4. Is everyone injury free?
5. Is there a prize on the line other than just the W?

Team #1 as well. More height and more experience.

I fear that those expecting miracles from the freshmen right off the bat will be sorely disappointed...

I wish I had a clue what the hell this is about.

Im guessing basketball?

Just kidding. Dont care. lol

Reactions: 4 people
we have assumed control...:yahoo:

GO VOLS!

Yea, a fellow Rush fan!

I agree with the comment about the freshmen. They will get their shot at playing time, but no miracles expected.
Also depends on whether or not DD and MR opt out of the Senior year.

It is more than just about who is left and who is coming in. We are seriously in need of a big change of attitude. It starts with the coaching and the attitude of the players that remain. Someone among the upper class players must emerge as the leader. A leader with a winning attitude. We have to be more aggressive and learn to play against the zone. We have to cut down on unforced errors. We need to adopt more of a motion offense instead of a standing past the ball around the zone, at the last minute try throwing it inside, with four players sagging in on Russell, or throwing up a ton of bricks from the outside. No amount of five stars are going to make us better unless we make some changes and bring back that LV Big Orange pride.

Last edited:
It is more than just about who is left and who is coming in. We are seriously in need of a big change of attitude. It starts with the coaching and the attitude of the players that remain. Someone among the upper class players must emerge as the leader. A leader with a winning attitude. We have to be more aggressive and learn to play against the zone. We have to cut down on unforced errors. We need to adopt more of a motion offense instead of a standing past the ball around the zone, at the last minute try throwing it inside, with four players sagging in on Russell, or throwing up a ton of bricks from the outside. No amount of five stars are going to make us better unless we make some changes and bring back that LV Big Orange pride.

Coach Pat spoiled me. I cannot get excited anymore about what I am seeing out there on the floor. I'm sorry for the rest of you loyal fans that continue to think that somehow things are going to change if you just wish hard enough. You know the old saying about continuing to do the same things and expecting different results. Here's hoping this year will be different!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Coach Pat spoiled me. I cannot get excited anymore about what I am seeing out there on the floor. I'm sorry for the rest of you loyal fans that continue to think that somehow things are going to change if you just wish hard enough. You know the old saying about continuing to do the same things and expecting different results. Here's hoping this year will be different!!!!

I'm hoping things will get better because Holly IS trying to do some things differently. Now that doesn't mean things will automatically improve but change is what was needed and she's made some. Now we have to wait and see if she made the right changes. I'm willing to give those changes some time. Others will not.

Reactions: 1 person
Team 2 only because their advantage in the Post is far greater, Green is a handful within herself and you then throw KK in the Mix, Nared can't defend either of those 2 on the block (imo) and Davis has a killer instinct (that I think Diamond has also) that will challenge Diamond and force her to really play defense (I believe she can) there is also a disadvantage because Middleton can't guard Hayes nor can she guard Westbrook

I am not saying the freshman will be dominant when they arrive but based on footage I've seen of all the players there are a lot of mismatches that work in the favor for team 2

Reactions: 1 person
I'm hoping things will get better because Holly IS trying to do some things differently. Now that doesn't mean things will automatically improve but change is what was needed and she's made some. Now we have to wait and see if she made the right changes. I'm willing to give those changes some time. Others will not.

She had 3 different off seasons to figure out how to score against a zone. And I believe what she says in post game interviews. She doesn't know what to do! She's been saying that after every loss.

It is time for you to believe HER! :thud:

Reactions: 4 people
She had 3 different off seasons to figure out how to score against a zone. And I believe what she says in post game interviews. She doesn't know what to do! She's been saying that after every loss.

It is time for you to believe HER! :thud:

I actually watch the replays of her press conferences so I know she doesn't say that after every loss. I'll continue to hope for improvement rather than listen to someone who just makes stuff up.

Reactions: 2 people
Looks like football forum is transitioning to basketball forum with no warning. As to the ladies team, I don't know what it was two years ago that I felt was wrong with Hollie's style or lack there of, (to me team shows no style or system now) but lost a great deal of interest. Sorry to say I had no idea what this thread was talking about.

...Sorry to say I had no idea what this thread was talking about.

Yeah, it took me awhile to figure out that the initials are the initials of this year's lady Vol team and initials for incoming lady vol recruits. It's not initials for Baylor players as nearly as I can gather.

VN Store

Back