T.J.

Women's Basketball Scores

15 DePaul v 2 UConn
5 Maryland v 7 Louisville
18 Miami v 9 Ohio State
12 Oklahoma v 17 Kentucky
3 South Carolina v 14 Texas
23 Auburn v Kansas @ 6-0

Ok Auburn is top 25 team. That's an interesting surprise.
Baylor plays Abilene Christian tonight. Should be a good practice for them before they play The Lady Vols this Sunday. What in the world is Holly gong to do in countering coach Mulkey's game plan? :)

SC v Texas is on ESPN2.

Lots of good games. The Maryland-Louisville one should be very good, and I'm hoping that DePaul can really test UConn. I haven't been impressed with what I've seen from Texas so far. They are playing a brutal early schedule. I'm interested to see what kind of resistance they put up to SC.

Reactions: 1 person
Lots of good games. The Maryland-Louisville one should be very good, and I'm hoping that DePaul can really test UConn. I haven't been impressed with what I've seen from Texas so far. They are playing a brutal early schedule. I'm interested to see what kind of resistance they put up to SC.

It's weird I use to be a big fan of Brenda Frese and Maryland when they had Kristi Toliver and Marissa Coleman. That was so long ago. Now I can not stand Frese & her Terps.

DePaul testing UConn? No way I want DePaul to kick their butts! No testing involved just hit 3pt after 3pt shot and make them Huskies look silly.

I'm liking Kaela Davis game a lot. She's better in my opinion than Diamond Deshields. Kaela is much smoother with her game and appears to have her head screwed on right. South Carolina should win. I think.

DePaul is the type of team that could beat this version of the Huskies. The DePaul squad usually subs hockey style and we only have 10 players. I think only 9 are cleared to play today so it could get interesting. I am way more nervous about this game than the Baylor one. If we play at a reasonable speed and don't get caught up trying to play DePaul ball I like our chances.

If we start running around like chickens with our heads cut off and don't execute DePaul could win handily. The thing about playing at that rate is it affects your shooting if you aren't use to it. Your heart starts to beat in your ears and your timing is all off and then you find yourself missing everything... bunnies, jumpers, and free throws. I hope we force them to execute in the half court and slow the game down. No need to give them a million possessions... they got gunners.

Thanks TJ ,I have been putting up outside Christmas lights and this saved me from researching what was happening tonite.Plan to watch SC /Texas.

It's weird I use to be a big fan of Brenda Frese and Maryland when they had Kristi Toliver and Marissa Coleman. That was so long ago. Now I can not stand Frese & her Terps.

DePaul testing UConn? No way I want DePaul to kick their butts! No testing involved just hit 3pt after 3pt shot and make them Huskies look silly.

I'm liking Kaela Davis game a lot. She's better in my opinion than Diamond Deshields. Kaela is much smoother with her game and appears to have her head screwed on right. South Carolina should win. I think.

Kaela is fitting in really nicely with the other offensive pieces at SC. She doesn't seem to be too concerned with getting "hers", and is switching between being a go to scorer and feeding the posts as the situation calls for it. Her and Gray were terrific pickups for Dawn's club. Also have to say that their freshmen (Harrigan and Harris) have been superb this year.

Agree about DePaul-UConn. I want to see the threes rain for the Blue Demons!

Poor Texas...after playing SC tonight, they play UConn next before meeting Tennessee at home. Tennessee would actually be considered the "easy" game for them during that stretch in light of the brutal schedule they've played so far. On the plus side, they'll be going into B12 play knowing exactly what they need to work on.

UConn is up 30--rpt 30--on DePaul and the first quarter is not even over. Their 6'5 center is killing DePaul.

On defense, the UConn center does not switch unless she has to---she covers the guard coming off a pick--but only long enough for the Husky guard to get back on her opponent, and the center then slips back into the paint to guard the rim. UT's Russell doesn't do this--she switches and then is out near the top of the key guarding a guard--which of course she can't do, and then compounding the problem, she has left the paint and so we lose her defensive presence in the paint. This is the type of dumb basketball that we play.

Reactions: 3 people
I wonder who that Coach is up North at UCONN.Someone started a thread not long ago entitled UCONN in Trouble.I stated then that UCONN would never be in trouble as long as they had Shorty up there.Wish we had him because he would take this Lady Vol team to Final Four and might even win it all.

Reactions: 3 people
Wilson came to play. Coates only played a handful of minutes due to fouls, and they are still winning. SC's freshmen look good.

I love the way Wilson pulls up and takes that short jumper and usually hits. Really good game.

UConn is ridiculous. They just might win it all again.

I agree. They are just like Alabama in football. They get some of the best players and they have the best coach. Alabama is a contender every season just as is UConn. Alabama is winning with a Freshman QB while UConn is winning with what was suppose to be a young inexperience team.

Thanks TJ ,I have been putting up outside Christmas lights and this saved me from researching what was happening tonite.Plan to watch SC /Texas.

You're welcome.

I have been going back and forth undecided in which game to watch!

They are all good games. Ohio State is getting beat and looking like a scrub team against Miami. Very surprising. Tori McCoy a LV recruit is tall and a very good shot blocker. Other than that The Buckeyes in the first half are sleepwalking thru the game.

Oklahoma v Kentucky! I did not know that there are two Lady Vol alumni on the Wildcat bench in Kyra Elzy and Niya Butts. Anyway their losing in a battle. I watched the 2nd quarter and it was the Wildcats all the way until the Sooners start hitting 3pt shots to take a 2 pt lead into the half.

South Carolina & Texas. Alisha Gray is going to lose this game for them if she keep taking ill advise shots. But AMB you are correct about their freshman Harris. She's a gamer! Too close to call right now. Alaina Coates must be injured or something because each time I tuned in she's not in the game. Who know?

Oh yeah UConn is up 54 - 19 against DePaul @ the half.
I'm done. :thud:

I agree. They are just like Alabama in football. They get some of the best players and they have the best coach. Alabama is a contender every season just as is UConn. Alabama is winning with a Freshman QB while UConn is winning with what was suppose to be a young inexperience team.

They don't even have the best talent in the country. They are good individual players, but no one like a Stewart or Jefferson on thid year's team. But they play together so well. It's like they are all on the same wavelength.

6'1 C and 5'11 PF and they are completely dominant. Texas is playing better then they did in their two losses, so I'm really curious to see how they do against UConn.

UConn is up 30--rpt 30--on DePaul and the first quarter is not even over. Their 6'5 center is killing DePaul.

On defense, the UConn center does not switch unless she has to---she covers the guard coming off a pick--but only long enough for the Husky guard to get back on her opponent, and the center then slips back into the paint to guard the rim. UT's Russell doesn't do this--she switches and then is out near the top of the key guarding a guard--which of course she can't do, and then compounding the problem, she has left the paint and so we lose her defensive presence in the paint. This is the type of dumb basketball that we play.

I have been complaining about Russell guarding at the top of the key since her arrival. There's just no excuse for that.
#chwdumbasktball

You're welcome.

I have been going back and forth undecided in which game to watch!

They are all good games. Ohio State is getting beat and looking like a scrub team against Miami. Very surprising. Tori McCoy a LV recruit is tall and a very good shot blocker. Other than that The Buckeyes in the first half are sleepwalking thru the game.

Oklahoma v Kentucky! I did not know that there are two Lady Vol alumni on the Wildcat bench in Kyra Elzy and Niya Butts. Anyway their losing in a battle. I watched the 2nd quarter and it was the Wildcats all the way until the Sooners start hitting 3pt shots to take a 2 pt lead into the half.

South Carolina & Texas. Alisha Gray is going to lose this game for them if she keep taking ill advise shots. But AMB you are correct about their freshman Harris. She's a gamer! Too close to call right now. Alaina Coates must be injured or something because each time I tuned in she's not in the game. Who know?

Oh yeah UConn is up 54 - 19 against DePaul @ the half.
I'm done. :thud:

OSU is without Mavunga. They lose a lot of toughness when she's off the court.

Ky up 51-47 over OU. Boy did Ky's Macy Morris work on her game over the summer. She looks and plays totally different. I'd give a bundle to have guards that could hit pull-up jumper like Morris and Epps are doing.

Kentucky is looking good against Oklahoma. Say what you want to say about Matthew Mitchell, but he gets his teams to always play hard. They are only playing 8 players.

Reactions: 2 people
Kentucky is looking good against Oklahoma. Say what you want to say about Matthew Mitchell, but he gets his teams to always play hard. They are only playing 8 players.

They can't play their usual rough and tumble style with the short bench. They are much better then i thought they would be.

Texas' Kelsey Lang is going to be a handful for Mercedes Russell. She is a tough, physical player.

Ky up 63-55 over OU after three. Both teams look pretty good and the perimeter play is much better than TN's. I hate it.

VN Store

Back