Game Thread Lady Vols vs Baylor

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Date: Sunday, Dec. 4, 2016
Time: 2:00 p.m. ET

you can watch the game on

ESPN2

you can stream the game on

Watch Live Sports Events and ESPN Programs Online and on Mobile Applications - WatchESPN

you can listen here

University of Tennessee powered by College Sports Live or

Cumulus | WNML-AF

the Lady Vols are ranked 22nd in the AP Top 25 Poll and 25th in the USA Today Coaches Poll

Baylor is ranked 4th in the AP Top 25 Poll and 4th in the USA Today Coaches Poll

time to show what you are made of Lady Vols,it is time to focus,you will need to cut down on the turnovers big time,make some shots and hustle on defense :clapping:

it is time to show some Tennessee pride and play like your capable of,we know that you can :good!:

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Reactions: 2 people
Kim Mulkey is the most Pat Summitt-y coach I can think of in the game today, albeit with slightly more exaggerated mannerisms when she's lobbying officials. Her teams are consistent in the face of change. I am excited to see how Tennessee stacks up against her team.

Not to be too negative, but I will say Baylor by 25. Just hope we play hard and improve execution on offense and cut the turnovers.

The girls better be hitting on all cylinders, because we certainly won't outcoach Coach Mulkey

There wont be any out dressing coach mulkey either...bring the heels, the tights and the glitter because its going to get ugly, wwe style!!

I will be in attendance cheering on our Lady Vols against the Lady Bears! Our Vols will turn up the heat and come out with passion and energy. They know that they have something to prove and this game is as good as any to make a statement. Goooo Lady Vols. Lady Vols 68 Lady Bears 62

Reactions: 5 people
I always look forward to seeing what is under her jacket. just kidding. But seriously one day Mulkey will flash us all & then that will be the end of us. Have mercy.

Reactions: 1 person
i will be in attendance cheering on our lady vols against the lady bears! Our vols will turn up the heat and come out with passion and energy. They know that they have something to prove and this game is as good as any to make a statement. Goooo lady vols. Lady vols 68 lady bears 62

lol!

I will be in attendance cheering on our Lady Vols against the Lady Bears! Our Vols will turn up the heat and come out with passion and energy. They know that they have something to prove and this game is as good as any to make a statement. Goooo Lady Vols. Lady Vols 68 Lady Bears 62

I hope they play well and with passion as you stated. They may not be playing well enough just yet but this could be a turn-around game. I hope so. I will be cheering them on from over here as well.

The Lady Vols have as much chance to defeat Baylor as Baylor had to defeat UCONN! Zero. I am a LV fan. However, I am also a realist.

The Lady Vols have as much chance to defeat Baylor as Baylor had to defeat UCONN! Zero. I am a LV fan. However, I am also a realist.

The Baylor and Uconn game wasn't a blow out game by the huskies. I agree about being a realist, but if the Vols can keep their turnovers down and play solid defense they have a chance for an upset.

Baylor opens as a 12 point favorite. So it we got anything this season now is the time to bring it and play as a team.

I'm most looking forward to seeing how Russell performs against players her own size. Tennessee faced weak competition in the first six games, but this game will be an opportunity to see Russell compete against Baylor's trees. She has two years on Mompremier and Brown and three years on Cox (plus a few inches on Mompremier and Cox). Baylor's bigs are also prone to fouling. Russell should have the advantage, but she will need the stamina to play all 40 minutes. She will have to stay out of foul trouble herself. Several fans have posted that she could go #1 or #2 in this year's WNBA draft (should she not return for her fifth year). Her performance against Baylor will say a lot about how she stacks up on a national level.

I'm most looking forward to seeing how Russell performs against players her own size. Tennessee faced weak competition in the first six games, but this game will be an opportunity to see Russell compete against Baylor's trees. She has two years on Mompremier and Brown and three years on Cox (plus a few inches on Mompremier and Cox). Baylor's bigs are also prone to fouling. Russell should have the advantage, but she will need the stamina to play all 40 minutes. She will have to stay out of foul trouble herself. Several fans have posted that she could go #1 or #2 in this year's WNBA draft (should she not return for her fifth year). Her performance against Baylor will say a lot about how she stacks up on a national level.

Russell is a redshirt junior. She sat out the 14-15 season following foot surgery so she doesn't have two years on the Baylor bigs and three on Cox. This is Russell's THIRD SEASON PLAYING COLLEGE BBALL. It's the SECOND year for the Baylor bigs and the FIRST for Cox. Stop reaching to make players look bad.

Reactions: 4 people
I always look forward to seeing what is under her jacket. just kidding. But seriously one day Mulkey will flash us all & then that will be the end of us. Have mercy.

One of my dreams is to never see Mulkey nude, however, I would love to see the Lady Vols kick her Bear butt. Can't you see her jumping up and down on the sidelines, in her tight leather pants and spiked heel boots, yelling at the officials? Miracles can happen.

Last edited:
I think we have our work cut out for us. I suspect Mulkey is telling her bigs to bring it on--intimidate Russell back into her cave, where she holds her palms up in apology each time she bumps someone.

If I were coaching, I'd tell our players to come out strong and aggressive--don't allow themselves to be cowed by Baylor. DEMAND the ball, demand respect. No matter the score.

BTW, this will be a battle of point guards, won't it? Holly vs Kim. Kim was quite a point guard--very small but played big and ABSOLUTELY fearless. Another 18-20 inches taller, and she would have made a h of a post player!

Last edited:
Russell is a redshirt junior. She sat out the 14-15 season following foot surgery so she doesn't have two years on the Baylor bigs and three on Cox. This is Russell's THIRD SEASON PLAYING COLLEGE BBALL. It's the SECOND year for the Baylor bigs and the FIRST for Cox. Stop reaching to make players look bad.

As a point of fact, HS didn't say experience, he said "years".
Which, I believe, is accurate if comparing their respective ages rather than experience. In any case, this will be a real test for Russell. She must not get into foul trouble (35+ mins) and she has to be effective on both sides of the court for the LV's
to pull off the upset.

We can always cross our fingers and hope the Lady Vols have been "playing possum" so far, just to take the next three out of four by surprise. Like sneaking in, under the cover of darkness, and taking their will to fight away by crushing them in the first half.

:crazy:

There wont be any out dressing coach mulkey either...bring the heels, the tights and the glitter because its going to get ugly, wwe style!!

I hope you're right. Wondering what Kim is going to dazzle us with before each time we play them is one of the best things going in the sport. Great fun! :dance2:

VN Store

Back