If holly really love lady vols she need to step down!!

sisaq

If holly really love this school ( lady vols) and all pat did, she need to step down so that a championship coach can step innn.

Reactions: 14 people
Diamond DeShields has double digit turnovers? Good grief! Team so flat, uninspired! Maybe Tennessee should drop basketball period! Start a gymnastics program! lol

Reactions: 2 people
They were given a great game plan, VT shot 10% from 3 and because of unforced turnovers and missed layups they lose.

Reactions: 4 people
Guys - Holly just landed her best recruiting class ever. Depending on who you ask, it's 4 kids who are in the top 15 including at least 2 in the top 10. For all her talent, I don't think Diamond is good for this team. There. I said it. She's a drag on the team in attitude and effort in my opinion. Let's evaluate the team once she's gone and the staff gets to work with the kids coming back and the quartet coming in...

Reactions: 5 people
I know Holly will be trashed, BUT to me THIS loss is solely on the players.

For the most part they played hard. The coaches i blame offensively and players defensively. The proper adjustments weren't made on either side of the ball. A few of diamond's turnovers was the lack of ability for her teammates to catch the pass. This particular team offense hurts her game. She flourished at UNC because they were run and gun.

Diamond DeShields has double digit turnovers? Good grief! Team so flat, uninspired! Maybe Tennessee should drop basketball period! Start a gymnastics program! lol

She needs to come to realization that her team does not have great hands for her passes

Reactions: 3 people

While I agree the players were just awful, the head coach is the one that is held accountable. If Holly can't get these AA's to play together, what do you do ? You can't release the players from their scholarships.
Chris, I know you'll give me a straight answer on this. If we had a top notch coach, do you think the team would be performing this poorly ?

Reactions: 1 person
We aren't horrible, but we sure are NOT elite. Everybody getting hyped because of recruiting, but we have great players now. Holly is a nice person but she has to go!!!!

Guys - Holly just landed her best recruiting class ever. Depending on who you ask, it's 4 kids who are in the top 15 including at least 2 in the top 10. For all her talent, I don't think Diamond is good for this team. There. I said it. She's a drag on the team in attitude and effort in my opinion. Let's evaluate the team once she's gone and the staff gets to work with the kids coming back and the quartet coming in...

Nared has the same attitude and so does Russell it seems, I dont think it's attitude, Its a sense of entitlement and that has to stop, lets bench Diamond a few games and see how well the team does....all of the players and coaches are to blame for this game, not just Diamond

For the most part they played hard. The coaches i blame offensively and players defensively. The proper adjustments weren't made on either side of the ball. A few of diamond's turnovers was the lack of ability for her teammates to catch the pass. This particular team offense hurts her game. She flourished at UNC because they were run and gun.

Sorry but I disagree DD makes stupid passes and a few players play like the don't care. I won't mention names, but because of no depth Holly has no choice, but to play them. I will say 2 ladies in particular are really disappointing me.

Holly can't coach those incoming recruits. That's the problem.

I personally think we have several players that are way overrated considering their actual ability. Nared is very slow and stiff looking when dribbling. Ball is easily stolen from her. Diamond is a very inconsistent shooter. Reynolds is not a point guard but she has to play there this season. Middleton can't guard anybody. We put three different players on number 12 and she made them all look silly today. I don't know who that one girl was but she was giving Russell fits making layup after layup.
No use this is a bad team will easily lose 14 this year and will be very surprised if they can find a way to get to the NCAA Tourney.

Nared has the same attitude and so does Russell it seems, I dont think it's attitude, Its a sense of entitlement and that has to stop, lets bench Diamond a few games and see how well the team does....all of the players and coaches are to blame for this game, not just Diamond

I would love to see some benching and some fire. I've been wanting to see some counter-reaction for years. Something -- anything -- to communicate disapproval and motivate for change. I've written it on these forums like five or six times now but I want to see a little nasty out there. Sadly, we don't know what the tenor of authority is inside the doors. Sometimes you can bench and get results, sometimes you can challenge and motivate, but sometimes the horse will spit the bit or worse. It all depends on the relationships inside the doors.

Not really.The players play like they are coached which is horrible.
You could take some walkons from the University and with no coaching ( if they have played BB at some level ) play as well as this team did today.

While I agree the players were just awful, the head coach is the one that is held accountable. If Holly can't get these AA's to play together, what do you do ? You can't release the players from their scholarships.
Chris, I know you'll give me a straight answer on this. If we had a top notch coach, do you think the team would be performing this poorly ?

Yes because a few players don't care and have no passion for the game. If Holly had more than 8 bodies, I'd bench a few myself.

VN Store

Back