Game Thread Lady Vols at Virginia Tech

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Date: Sunday, Nov. 27, 2016
Time: 2:00 p.m. ET

TV: ACC Network Extra (Online),I'm not sure if it means online only

Stream Watch #17 Tennessee vs. Virginia Tech (W Basketball) Live Online at WatchESPN

you can listen here University of Tennessee powered by College Sports Live or Cumulus | WNML-AF

the Lady Vols are ranked 17th in the AP Top 25 Poll and 16th in the USA Today Coaches Poll

Virginia Tech is Unranked

hopefully the lady vols will play with some more FIRE this weekend and get back on track :good!:

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Reactions: 2 people
Sadly I'm afraid this is going to be a tough loss for us.

You do not win basketball games when you hit only 2 out of 19 of 3-point shots and 31% on regular 2-point shots. The only good thing out of the last loss was only 12 turnovers for the whole game. Last season the Lady Vols consistently had near 20 turnovers per game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I would go zone against Tennessee and pack it in tight. I would dare them to shoot the three because after they miss three or four they would get gun shy and start trying to force the inside pass for a bundle of turnovers. I've seen this movie a few times in the last couple years and it always ends the same with Tennessee getting beat.

This is crazy because I never thought I see this day coming. The Lady Vols go into Virginia Tech. VT already know that they can beat the Lady Vols because they beat them in Knoxville last season. Talk about having confidence heading into this game?

Lady Vols better bring their A+ game.

I know Holly's nervous.

Times have definitely changed in lady vol nation!! We are now worrying about unranked Penn St. and Virginia Tech!! What, we are going to be devastated, when we play the likes of Baylor, Notre Dame, Texas, Stanford, Kentucky, South Carolina, Mississippi St. twice, and Florida twice, something is terribly wrong with this picture!!! WOW.

Times have definitely changed in lady vol nation!! We are now worrying about unranked Penn St. and Virginia Tech!! What, we are going to be devastated, when we play the likes of Baylor, Notre Dame, Texas, Stanford, Kentucky, South Carolina, Mississippi St. twice, and Florida twice, something is terribly wrong with this picture!!! WOW.

Meh. I doubt they lose to VT. Of the other games they will win some and they will lose some.

I agree. It's really sad. Tennessee puts fear in no teams anymore. I go in every game against a Power 5 team expecting to loose. A Sweet 16 this season will be great anything else will be surprising. When your Senior pg does not produce and play scared, we will not go very far. Then we really don't have a bench. I wish Dunbar will realize that there are other ways to score besides throwing up 3s. This could be a long season as Mississippi State looks real good also.

If they are playing a zone then I think either Middleton or Dunbar should be in there the full forty minutes one or the other. They need to get them eight to ten looks. If they can't hit threes no one will they are our best options.

I think your right Volfan

but they need to hit a lot more of the wide open shots too

can't win by missing the chip shots

Virginia Tech is not a Final Four team. Why the concern?

Really? I don't even understand why you come on this board. Just know UConn's day is coming also. Geno won't be there forever. We're you bullied when you were younger? Or were you a loner with no friends? You constantly stalk this board to throw a jab or be sarcastic. You are pitiful. I guess you got something you've been seeking and that's attention. Tennessee could go 0-30 and still be relevant in some of you UConn fans eyes. Lol! That's sad.

Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back