Lady Vols recruiting 2018 & beyond

CannonVol80

stllvf suggested starting a new thread with updated recruiting information. Since the original post was so far back in the thread, I thought it might be a good idea and have therefore updated the original information and moved it here. As before, I claim no inside information, but have put together a list of the current roster (broken down by year of graduation) along with a number of recruits who have either expressed an interest in the Lady Vols, have been noted as being recruited by the Tennessee staff, or have otherwise been linked with the program as potential recruits.

If anyone has any additional information, feel free to add to it or contact me by pm and I will update this post. I will try to keep the status updated on a fairly regular basis.

I hope this is of interest to most of you.
Have listed the rankings by FullCourt (FC) and ProspectNation (PN) (the guys who used to be Hoopgurlz until ESPN pulled the plug) and BlueStar (BS)

Jim

Roster/Recruits

Class 2017

Jordan Reynolds - G
Schaquilla Nunn - F/C

Recruits

Evina Westbrook 6'0" G/W (OR) HG - 2; PN - 2; BS - 9 - signed

Kasiyahna Kushkituah 6'3" C (GA) PN - 11; BS - 7; HG - 55 - signed

Anastasia Hayes 5'7" PG (TN) HG - 17; PN - 6 - signed

Rennia Davis 6'2" F (FL) HG - 16; PN - 9 - signed

Class 2018

Diamond DeShields - G
Kortney Dunbar - G/F
Alexa Middleton - G
Jaime Nared - G/F
Mercedes Russell - C

Recruits

Amira Collins 6'3" P/F HG -27; PN - 8 - verballed Dec 2016

Jazmine Massengill 6'0" PG (TN) HG - 26; PN - 13 - verballed Jan 2017

Christyn Williams 5'8" G (AR) HG - 2; PN - 2

Valencia Myers 6'3" P (OH) HG - 31; PN - 14

Tatum Veitenheimer 5'7" PG (TX) PN - 24; HG - top 100

Zarielle Green 5'11" G (TX) PN - 21; HG - 12

Olivia Nelson-Ododa 6'4" P (GA) HG - 1; PN - 3

Elizabeth Balogun 6'1" G?W (TN) HG - 15; PN - 17

Brinae Alexander 5'11" W (TN) PN - 55

Aquira DeCosta 6'2" W (CA) HG - 6; PN -6; BS - 1

Honesty Scott-Grayson 5'10" PG (NJ) HG - 7; PN - 4; BS - 6

Janai Crooms 5'8" G (RI) PN - 31; HG - 32

Izabella Nicoletti 5'10" G (NC) HG - 3; PN - 36

Elizabeth Dixon 6'4" P (TN) PN - 26; HG - 20

Jordan Nixon 5'10" PG (NY) PN - 13

Jordyn Cambridge 5'7" G (TN) PN - 77; HG - 39

Former recruits who have eliminated Tennessee

Charli Collier 6'4" P (TX) HG - 7; PN - 1; BS - 3

Abby Prohaska 6'0" G (OH) PN - 60

McKenzie Forbes 6'0" W (CA) HG - 20; PN - 27

Blair Green 6' W (KY) PN - 42

Samantha Thomas 5'10" W (NV) HG - 50

NaLyssa Smith 6'3" F (TX) HG - 12; PN - 5

Class of 2019

MeMe Jackson - G/F
Cheridene Green - F

Recruits

River Baldwin 6'5" C (AL) HG -22; PN - 49

Aislynn Hayes 5'6" PG/SG (TN) - not currently listed on recruiting services

Class of 2020

Te'a Cooper - G
Kamera Harris - C

Recruits

Alasia Hayes 5'6" PG/SG (TN) - not currently listed on recruiting services

Kamilla Cardosa 6'6" C (TN) - HG - watch list

Treasure Hunt 6' W (TN) - HG - watch list; BS - 7

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
I'm aware of Brunelle, and am aware that Tennessee is recruiting her. But, I have tried to keep the list to recruits where there is confirmed interest on both sides. Sam Brunelle and her family have been very quiet about her interests, so far, and I haven't found any indication of which schools she is considering.

If you can confirm that Tennessee is a school of interest, I'll be happy to add her.

Jim

Reactions: 1 person
I expected to see Izabella Nicoletti, Rhyne Howard, and Jordyn Cambridge. Have these not made unofficial visits?

If you were the parent of a recruit for class of 2018 and beyond how early would you allow verbal commitments? I see a few incoming juniors and even sophmores committed. Seems a bit early to commit.

After this year #1 Class, my expectations for next year have been tempered. We got the best player at four of five positions.

yeah and with all the talent we got this year, I don't see recruits buzzing down our door early.

But still Lady Vols, shud go after the best guards, wings and posts in the class but they players might not be highly ranked.

Last edited:
I must have accidently cut Izabella Nicoletti from the list. I know she hs made an unofficial visit and has interest in Tennessee. I'm not sure about Howard or Cambridge. I haven't seen or heard anything that ties them to Tennessee. If anyone has any solid info, as I have said, just let me know.

I have heard talk that Jazmine Masengill and Elizabeth Balogun may be looking for a package deal.

Jim

While I really do hate to see exceptional Tennessee talent go to other schools, the fact is that numbers are limited and we will more than likely only take four recruits in the 2018 class, or possibly five given the right combination.

That being said, my personal wish list, based upon my observation of the play during the U-17 tourney this past summer would be

Christyn Williams - G
Olivia Nelson-Ododa - P
Aquira DeCosta - W
Izabella Nicoletti - G

Both Williams and DeCosta have motors that just won't stop! DeCosta didn't have the most effective offensive game in the ones I saw, but she was an absolute beast on the boards and I have been told by parties who get to see her in AAU play and in her HS games that she is a very effective scorer. Nelson-Ododa was the strongest post of the games, in my opinion, and Nicoletti single-handedly kept the Brazilian team in the games they played.

Jim

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
While I really do hate to see exceptional Tennessee talent go to other schools, the fact is that numbers are limited and we will more than likely only take four recruits in the 2018 class or possibly five given the right combination.

That being said, my personal wish list, based upon my observation of the play during the U-17 tourney this past summer would be

Christyn Williams - PG
Olivia Nelson-Ododa - P
Aquira DeCosta - W
Izabella Nicoletti - G

Both Williams and DeCosta have motors that just won't stop! DeCosta didn't have the most effective offensive game in the ones I saw, but she was an absolute beast on the boards and I have been told by parties who get to see her in AAU play and in her HS games that she is a very effective scorer. Nelson-Ododa was the strongest post of the games, in my opinion, and Nicoletti single-handedly kept the Brazilian team in the games they played.

Jim

If you got your wish Jim, that would land us the #1 class in 2018 as well as we would land the #1, 2,3, & #6 recruits. Add Dixon to that mix and boy oh boy how loaded we would be!

I've always said, if you're going to wish, wish big! But I have heard that both Nelson-Ododa and DeCosta have what could be considered "high" interest in Tennessee. I also understand that Williams and Nicoletti have made unofficial visits, which, to me, signals more than just a passing interest.

Like I said, wish big - and trust in Sharrona Reaves!

Jim

Reactions: 5 people
2018 2019?? Too young to even think about boys..... how can they lean to a specific school? We are on a roll recruiting wise.... dont stop us now

2018 2019?? Too young to even think about boys..... how can they lean to a specific school? We are on a roll recruiting wise.... dont stop us now

14 out of top 60 (per espn) have already committed. Never too early!
2017 needed at least 4, and we made our goal. 2018 we will need at minimum 3, and we need at the least 2 bigs and a gaurd. DeCosta is high on our list, her and Westbrooke are VERY friends. We have that on our side.
Christyn Williams is definitely one of the best in the class. She still has a 2 years left and will only get better, the good news is Tennessee has been in the mix with her and the family from early on :)
Thanks for starting the new thread btw!!!!

Last edited:
14 out of top 60 (per espn) have already committed. Never too early!
2017 needed at least 4, and we made our goal. 2018 we will need at minimum 3, and we need at the least 2 bigs and a gaurd. DeCosta is high on our list, her and Westbrooke are VERY friends. We have that on our side.
Christyn Williams is definitely one of the best in the class. She still has a 2 years left and will only get better, the good news is Tennessee has been in the mix with her and the family from early on :)
Thanks for starting the new thread btw!!!!

I like our chances with a lot of the prospects in the 2018 class based on their affiliations with the 2017 class and the 2017 class ability to recruit their friends (Hayes was on the phone with Westbrook and Davis a lot and ensured Westbrook that if she wanted to play PG in college she had no problem playing the SG spot/off the ball)!

Olivia Nelson-Ododa (She works out individually with former lady Vol Kelly Cain and plays with Diamond and Te'a during the offseason)

Liz Dixon (friends with Hayes and her AAU teammate)

Balgoun and Massengil (also friends with Hayes and are looking to be a package deal! Massengil spends times with the Hayes family so I know they are in her ear)

DeCosta (AAU teammates with Westbrook and they are good friends, she also admirers/look up to Diamond and Te'a)

Cambridge (Hayes connection as well on the same AAU team)

We are in great position for 2017 an beyond! I would like another 4 player class at minimum (5 would be icing on the cake)!

Coach Law, Reeves, Holly, & Lockwood, get it done!

Ododa, Dixon, DeCosta, (are must haves imo)! Any other 2 guards would be great!

stllvf suggested starting a new thread with updated recruiting information. Since the original post was so far back in the thread, I thought it might be a good idea and have therefore updated the original information and moved it here. As before, I claim no inside information, but have put together a list of the current roster (broken down by year of graduation) along with a number of recruits who have either expressed an interest in the Lady Vols, have been noted as being recruited by the Tennessee staff, or have otherwise been linked with the program as potential recruits.

If anyone has any additional information, feel free to add to it or contact me by pm and I will update this post. I will try to keep the status updated on a fairly regular basis.

I hope this is of interest to most of you.
Have listed the rankings by FullCourt (FC) and ProspectNation (PN) (the guys who used to be Hoopgurlz until ESPN pulled the plug) and BlueStar (BS)

Jim

Roster/Recruits

Class 2017

Jordan Reynolds - G
Schaquilla Nunn - F/C

Recruits

Evina Westbrook 6'0" G/W (OR) HG - 2; PN - 2; BS - 9 - signed

Kasiyahna Kushkituah 6'3" C (GA) PN - 11; BS - 7; HG - 55 - signed

Anastasia Hayes 5'7" PG (TN) HG - 17; PN - 6 - signed

Rennia Davis 6'2" F (FL) HG - 16; PN - 9 - signed

Class 2018

Diamond DeShields - G
Kortney Dunbar - G/F
Alexa Middleton - G
Jaime Nared - G/F
Mercedes Russell - C

Recruits

Christyn Williams 5'8" G (AR) HG - 2; PN - 2

Valencia Myers 6'3" P (OH) HG - 31; PN - 14

Charli Collier 6'4" P (TX) HG - 7; PN - 1; BS - 3

Amira Collins 6'3" P/F HG -27; PN - 8

Tatum Veitenheimer 5'7" PG (TX) PN - 24; HG - top 100

Zarielle Green 5'11" G (TX) PN - 21; HG - 12

Olivia Nelson-Ododa 6'4" P (GA) HG - 1; PN - 3

Jazmine Massengill 6'0" PG (TN) HG - 26; PN - 13

Elizabeth Balogun 6'1" G?W (TN) HG - 15; PN - 17

Brinae Alexander 5'11" W (TN) PN - 55

Aquira DeCosta 6'2" W (CA) HG - 6; PN -6; BS - 1

Honesty Scott-Grayson 5'10" PG (NJ) HG - 7; PN - 4; BS - 6

Janai Crooms 5'8" G (RI) PN - 31; HG - 10

Izabella Nicoletti 5'10" G (NC) HG - 3; PN - 36

Elizabeth Dixon 6'4" P (TN) PN - 26; HG - 20

Jordan Nixon 5'10" PG (NY) PN - 13

Abby Prohaska 6'0" G (OH) PN - 60

Jordyn Cambridge 5'7" G (TN) PN - 77; HG - 39

Former recruits who have eliminated Tennessee

McKenzie Forbes 6'0" W (CA) HG - 20; PN - 27

Blair Green 6' W (KY) PN - 42

Samantha Thomas 5'10" W (NV) HG - 50

NaLyssa Smith 6'3" F (TX) HG - 12; PN - 5

Class of 2019

MeMe Jackson - G/F
Cheridene Green - F

Recruits

River Baldwin 6'5" C (AL) HG -22; PN - 49

Class of 2020

Te'a Cooper - G
Kamera Harris - C

Recruits

Jim you can take Mackenzie Forbes off, she made a verbal commitment to Cal yesterday!

I like our chances with a lot of the prospects in the 2018 class based on their affiliations with the 2017 class and the 2017 class ability to recruit their friends (Hayes was on the phone with Westbrook and Davis a lot and ensured Westbrook that if she wanted to play PG in college she had no problem playing the SG spot/off the ball)!

Olivia Nelson-Ododa (She works out individually with former lady Vol Kelly Cain and plays with Diamond and Te'a during the offseason)

Liz Dixon (friends with Hayes and her AAU teammate)

Balgoun and Massengil (also friends with Hayes and are looking to be a package deal! Massengil spends times with the Hayes family so I know they are in her ear)

DeCosta (AAU teammates with Westbrook and they are good friends, she also admirers/look up to Diamond and Te'a)

Cambridge (Hayes connection as well on the same AAU team)

We are in great position for 2017 an beyond! I would like another 4 player class at minimum (5 would be icing on the cake)!

Coach Law, Reeves, Holly, & Lockwood, get it done!

Ododa, Dixon, DeCosta, (are must haves imo)! Any other 2 guards would be great!

Nice post.

And seems like Annie is a good recruiter... Go Lady Vols.

VN Store

Back