as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Date: Sunday, Nov. 13, 2016
Time: 2:00 p.m. ET

you can stream the game here ,it may be on TV

TV: SECN+ (Online)

you can listen here

University of Tennessee powered by College Sports Live or

Cumulus | WNML-AF

the Lady Vols are ranked 13th in the AP Top 25 Poll and 14th in the USA Today Coaches Poll

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Reactions: 2 people
I'm anxious to see if the team builds on it's opening game win.

Somehow, someway the LV's have to shrug off the slow starts they usually have and come out of the gate roaring and smack Navy hard.

I want to see more of Middleton at point. I would like to see Middleton and Jackson get the bulk of the minutes at guard.

The team shot 40% from three and 41% overall against JMU. Obviously the mid-range shots weren't falling. I'd like to see that change Sunday.

The rebounding must improve. Russell and Nared were the only two that rebounded against JMU and Nared missed most of the second half with fouls.

Defense against dribble penetration is a big concern and unless Jackson steps up to play major minutes, this will probably be a weakness all season. The team must improve it's communication and help defense.

I don't know a thing about Navy but hopefully the LV's start out strong and blow the doors off the Midship(wo)men.

Middleton was too sloppy for me, and Jackson is too shot happy. Start Jordan, Jamie, Mercedes, Diamond and Dunbar.

Reactions: 1 person
You think Jackson is too shot happy no.. Dunbar was jacking shot no pass no anything .. But she is better than Nunn right now

Middleton was too sloppy for me, and Jackson is too shot happy...

Agreed on both counts. And neither will improve by sitting on the bench. Both have higher ceilings than Reynolds. With Reynolds you get unspectacular steadiness. And that will get the LV's 3rd place in the SEC and 2 or 3 wins in the NCAA tournament and that's it. The LV's badly need improved guard play. I want to see what Jackson and Middleton do with extended minutes. Now is the time to find out what they can do, not when conference play starts.

...Start Jordan, Jamie, Mercedes, Diamond and Dunbar.

If you're going to start Dunbar, and I agree she needs a chance, she must find her stroke, it will be a big help to her and the team if she does. Otherwise, she's only going to get 10 or so minutes a game.

Reynolds will probably continue to start and get major minutes because Holly likes her and has started her for two seasons plus it's a short bench. We'll see.

Middleton was too sloppy for me, and Jackson is too shot happy. Start Jordan, Jamie, Mercedes, Diamond and Dunbar.

right you are about sloppy just like in the past, however if she can shoot the 3 we can give up a little sloppiness:wavey:

right you are about sloppy just like in the past, however if she can shoot the 3 we can give up a little sloppiness:wavey:

I agree with both you and jeff, lets give middleton and jackson the start against Navy. We know what reynolds can and can't do and i honestly think middleton is outplaying reynolds. Middleton does make a lot of mistakes, but most of her mistakes are forcing the ball inside to much and playing to fast, all of which can be corrected. As for nunn, I had high hopes for her, but she just isnt in game shape right now. Im just waiting for Dunbar to go off and have a monster game, and Navy will be a good shot for her to make that happen..heck she has to much of a pretty shot to miss wide open threes, and against JMU she was open all night

Reactions: 2 people
Middleton didn't have to deal with very much pressure D last night. I wouldn't say she's the answer at PG until she has proved herself against that.

Middleton didn't have to deal with very much pressure D last night. I wouldn't say she's the answer at PG until she has proved herself against that.

I never said that she was the final answer to the PG position. Granted she did not have much pressure and in a vast majority of games she would not . She is and will continue to be a adequate backup to Jordan because she has to be. Roster too small for anything else to happen. With our history of injury I think we are in for a tough year. Middleton now as in the past seems to dribble way to much and most of the time when she gets in trouble is when she is going into the paint area and has nowhere to go. Her confidence went way up last night and I would say Dunbars is a little down. Dunbar will have to keep jacking it up and when she gets going she will be ok in a rush. Jackson is more helter skelter than I like but she plays hard and did a good job on Hall last night when she was assigned to her after the half. DD is another who barrels into the paint and charges more than any other player I have ever seen. She is a good enough shooter to stop at the free throw line and hit most of the shots. DD last night seemed to be a little in the self pity look after halftime I thought. Just my opinion and that is all,:bump3:

I do see some problems from last year still around,but I think they will improve as the year goes along

hopefully :)

I think Dunbar's defense has improved since last year, and I'd start her over Nunn. I'd also get Harris a lot more PT as soon as we can. As for DD, she's still a head case...she lets herself get bothered by the refs, she pouts when things don't go her way, and that alternates with deciding she's going to take the game over and doing something stupid. If she could get her head straightened out, she'd be formidable with all her physical skills, but she's been like this since her freshman year and I doubt she's going to change at this point.

We definitely have a considerably large height advantage against Navy. I believe their tallest player is 6'0.. Hope to see some improvement rebounding.

Middleton will get better with experience at the point she made some mistakes that she needs to learn from. At least she was pushing the ball and trying to make a play and shot the ball with confidence. We might not win without her four threes.
A lot of the game is mental and team still makes a lot of unforced errors if they can minimize them we'll have an excellent team this season.

9513764.jpeg

Last edited:
This is a good game to get a lot of things corrected. Heck if they can limit the turnovers to under 10 and get most of the offensive rebounds, that would be a major improvement over the past two games

Middleton will get better with experience at the point she made some mistakes that she needs to learn from. At least she was pushing the ball and trying to make a play and shot the ball with confidence. We might not win without her four threes.
A lot of the game is mental and team still makes a lot of unforced errors if they can minimize them we'll have an excellent team this season.

9513764.jpeg

Middleton plays better when she plays slower. In half court settings, she looks really comfortable. When she's trying to push tempo, she looks really uncomfortable.

Having a second guard on the court with her that can handle the ball and play at a faster pace would help complement what Alexa does bring to the table. Alexa and Diamond would be a very nice main rotation for the backcourt.

5 turnovers and at least 10 layups missed. First time I seen a player throw up an air ball on a layup clear over the basket. So out 10 point lead is three have to expand that to double digits before half.

this team is headed for a losing season. totally lazy play. why isn't Holly kicking some asses? :(

VN Store

Back