Other Team Fans

mlindsay

I'm having a hard time understanding why some people constantly frequent this forum/website? For people to be fans of other teams they tend to frequent Vol Nation more than you would think they should. It's fine to like who you want/be a fan of who you want but I was always told if you don't like something or someone, you stay away from it. You'll never catch me wasting my time on a Maryland Board, or a Uconn Board, or a ND board, and etc. Because I could truly careless about what they are doing. Why are some of yall so worried about what UT is or is not doing and yall aren't Lady Vol fans?

Reactions: 9 people
I don't read nor do I post on other fan boards. I, too, fail to understand what is the attraction for fans of other teams.

On edit I will add that I watch a fair amount of PAC-12 women's basketball but not much else other than Tenn. I don't equate watching other teams' games with going to their boards and posting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I don't get it either.

Though VN is the best forum I've been on.

Reactions: 1 person
For me The Lady Vols are tops.

Secondly I'm a fan of wcbball so I like to know about the opposition. The more I know about the opponent the better. I rarely post anymore on other boards. Just Vol Nation.

Reactions: 2 people
For me The Lady Vols are tops.

Secondly I'm a fan of wcbball so I like to know about the opposition. The more I know about the opponent the better. I rarely post anymore on other boards. Just Vol Nation.

At least you're honest! I am a fan of the womens game also (even more than the mens game) therefore I try to catch every game I can but thats where it ends, I dont then go trolling their fans or their websites/forums

There are several fans from other teams who post here, but don't troll. Posters like fighting artichoke, daddychoc and ucmiami are a few that come to mind as respectful and insightful posters I welcome their comments

Reactions: 6 people
we can see through the fog...into the light...:)
PS...they just wish they had what we got...:biggrin:

GO VOLS...RUN THE TABLE!

Well to speak for myself and for myself only it's because I love WCBB period. I am obviously a UConn fan but I also am a member of the Oregon St. board, Baylor, Louisville, South Carolina, Notre Dame, Maryland, Ohio St, UCLA, Duke, and Stanford boards among others that I frequent. I contribute on almost all of those boards pretty frequently. I watch A LOT of games and it's nice to be able to have a quick chat with people who catch the ones I miss or who may know cool things about the players or coaching staff that I don't.

For me it's not a waste of time because it's really a passion. I enjoy talking to knowledgeable basketball people whether they are UConn fans or not. I make spreadsheets and track analytics just for my own curiosity for all different teams. I think the sport can only grow if there are more fans of the sport as a whole. There was a time where I was just a UConn fan and would only watch their games but now that I am approaching 30 I feel mature enough to engage in conversations with other teams fans whether I agree with them or not in a civil manner.

I will admit this was a board I was a bit afraid to join but it hasn't been bad. For the most part people have treated me fairly and I have only had to block Pat4life but I would guess they have been blocked by many others Lol j/k sort of...

Reactions: 13 people
Well to speak for myself and for myself only it's because I love WCBB period. I am obviously a UConn fan but I also am a member of the Oregon St. board, Baylor, Louisville, South Carolina, Notre Dame, Maryland, Ohio St, UCLA, Duke, and Stanford boards among others that I frequent. I contribute on almost all of those boards pretty frequently. I watch A LOT of games and it's nice to be able to have a quick chat with people who catch the ones I miss or who may know cool things about the players or coaching staff that I don't.

For me it's not a waste of time because it's really a passion. I enjoy talking to knowledgeable basketball people whether they are UConn fans or not. I make spreadsheets and track analytics just for my own curiosity for all different teams. I think the sport can only grow if there are more fans of the sport as a whole. There was a time where I was just a UConn fan and would only watch their games but now that I am approaching 30 I feel mature enough to engage in conversations with other teams fans whether I agree with them or not in a civil manner.

I will admit this was a board I was a bit afraid to join but it hasn't been bad. For the most part people have treated me fairly and I have only had to block Pat4life but I would guess they have been blocked by many others Lol j/k sort of...

Cool! I made this thread out of curiosity, I know there are genuine fans of teams and there are the respectful ones and the disrespectful ones and although we may not agree it is never negativity with me! I respect and admire what both Geno and Muffet is doing. I don't admire Freese because as I've stated her and Jeff Waltz to a certain extent are ruthless/cut-throat and would stoop to whatever it takes to land a recruit/trash another program. I've had to block at least 1 so called lady vol fan name Ivy but I think damn near everybody has had to do so lol. Keep doing what you're doing, you stated you like to track analytics, what are your thoughts on analytics and its relations to sports (especially in the womens game) I've had a few discussions with coaches who use it and try to get me interested in it and I'm just not a proponent of it because I think far too many coaches rely on it instead of truly "coaching" the game, I would love to hear your thoughts!

I miss Ivy :(....So articulate with their shade!

Well she was articulate; gule misses her I know. I sort of do too, but she was getting hackneyed.

mlinds, I occasionally post on Baylor's site. Got to know their fans, stayed in same hotel, in Des Moines. Good people and spoke highly of Pat and told how much she meant to Kim(whom they adore). But never posted until the first (to me) Baylor/Louisville game. Still say that was the worst officiated game I have ever seen. Still wonder if Louisville had cash or photos:):. Any way, went on Baylor board to extend my sympathies. The people were nice, know basketball; I haven't been on for months, will probably check in after season gets going.

Also even more rarely check out Cockytalk. SC is my second home and I love the state. Always pull for them unless it impacts Tennessee...my blood does run orange, not garnet:clapping:.

Never understood some of the posters from other teams on here. Some are just sneaky trolls (the 'I love the Lady Vols' ones who then take an underhanded swipe at the program. The majority of these seem to be uconn fans..not you Daddychoc:hi:). I think the Carolina fans are almost always good posters...may be prejudiced though, as stated I love SC. As to ivy, I think that was just a generic troll showing up on different boards trying to get something going.

The studies on trolls and sadisim etc. are interesting reads. I posted a few years ago, just an article and only asked if we had any in the forum, and it got deleted...I think I hurt somebody's (R????) delicate little feelings with the question:good!:.

Last edited:
I'm having a hard time understanding why some people constantly frequent this forum/website? For people to be fans of other teams they tend to frequent Vol Nation more than you would think they should. It's fine to like who you want/be a fan of who you want but I was always told if you don't like something or someone, you stay away from it. You'll never catch me wasting my time on a Maryland Board, or a Uconn Board, or a ND board, and etc. Because I could truly careless about what they are doing. Why are some of yall so worried about what UT is or is not doing and yall aren't Lady Vol fans?

I think most come here to troll because their team may have past us in wins on the court or are doing better than Tennessee in the last few seasons. I don't go to any of those sites either and didn't even when we were winning titles and going to the final four every year. My total interest is Tennessee and could care less what other boards or fans are saying or doing.

I am a young poster here. I also visit McGraw's Bench, Cockeytalk, and the Boneyard. I am first, a womens' basketball fan, for 25 years. Secondly, I am a UCONN fan. I plan on watching Monday's Tenn game if it is available to me in southeastern PA.
I enjoy visiting the other boards for common points of interest. Those would be recruiting, "parity", and referee performance, to name a few. I also like hearing from coaches on all boards that have coaching techniques that maybe I haven't used in the past . I coached youngsters as a young man. Coach Jumper always has a jewel of knowledge from his perspective.
Believe me, I am not a troll looking for an opening to incite negativity.

Reactions: 5 people
I post here because I just like Women's Basketball. I'm a younger male fan (the kind of fan that WBB wants to reach) and I started college at SC the same year that Dawn first became the coach at SC, so I've been to those early games and have seen the program grow into what it is. It's been really remarkable to see her build HER program and tap into this reserve of love for basketball. SC fans have always loved basketball (being a former ACC school and all), so it's been cool to see Dawn and Frank tap into that history (even if it is small) and use that to boost their programs today.

I visit other boards often but I don't rip on their teams and I only offer my opinion if asked or on relevant topics. I lurked here for about 2 years before I even decided to join... and like expected, I've found Lady Vol fans to be VERY passionate but very knowledgeable. I mostly come here for relevant recruiting information when I know we're recruiting the same players but I also visit to "check the pulse".. nobody knows a team like their fans (except obviously the coaches, but you get the point), so I visit to see what LV fans think about their team but also to see what they think about the team I root for. I've always been very respectful to Tennessee, even on other boards.. I admire your program and being a younger fan I've grown to really understand and admire what Pat Summit meant to this game as well.

I also post on the Boneyard, RebKell and the Baylor board. It took a while for the BY to warm up to me (as it generally does with Yankees) but I genuinely enjoy spending time there and I think most over there would consider me a valuable contributor and source for SC information. RebKell is fun because it's fans of all teams. The Baylor board is pleasant as well, they're just nice people.. I've introduced myself but don't post often. I occasionally lurk the Notre Dame board but I have no plan to ever join... I hate to generalize, but a lot of their posters (almost a majority at times) don't seem very fond of Dawn Staley or South Carolina.. or even the SEC in general. I encourage many of you to visit and even join CockyTalk. We welcome all that are respectful, and a few of us are pretty good at wrangling in those that aren't welcoming to visiting fans that are respectful.

Reactions: 6 people
This and UCONN are the only boards dedicated to a women's team. The others are just mixed in with football. I find out more about recruits here than any Gamecock board....and my sister graduated from Tennessee...

Reactions: 3 people

People like Nuyoika aren't bad for the volnation site... (UNless they are here purely to disrupt or infiltrate)

Sometimes their views are not as obstructed by loyalties like a UT fan.

For the most part, we know who these non-UT fans are. SO what harm. It is only when posters display tasteless content that I would police.

The team needs as much valuable input as possible to reach their peak. I know for a fact that this site is in the view of the program. It has power. In recruiting, performance and in each facet of the LV's org.

But just like the posters and readers here, it is up to the ones who read it at the university to garner the beneficial from the BS.

I watch a lot of Pac-12, Big 10, ACC, Big 12 and most of all SEC Women's basketball. I have coached the women's game and love anything about it. Of course I love the Lady Vols.

I have gone to other teams' sites but read and do not make any comments. I do not have a problem with other fans looking at the LVBB site, as long as there are no negative comments or taking a chance to brag. In many ways it can be considered an honor.

Well, since others have come out of the shadows, I guess I will as well. I am a alumni of OU that lived in Nashville. My wife is still there, as well as my kids attend APSU. I live in NY for work. I am a fan of women collegiate sports and have always respected Coach Summit and what she did for TN. And, I appreciate what she did for OU and helping bring back WBB. Coach Sherri Coale has nothing but the upmost respect for Coach Summit and although I may be "churching it up" a bit, Coach Coale gives 199% credit to Coach Summit for taking a stand for WBB at OU when OU decided to ax it about 20 years ago or so. I am also a big fan of the Softball programs around the country and usually will come on VolNation to check out the latest on the softball program. I also check up on what is going on over on the football forum as well. I am just a guest here, so I don't chime in unless to add something positive and be respectful. This is ya'lls board and forums and as I said, I just consider myself a guest. I suppose living in TN, one does as the Tennesseans do and follow TN sports. Nothing more, nothing less.

Reactions: 5 people
Well she was articulate; gule misses her I know. I sort of do too, but she was getting hackneyed.

mlinds, I occasionally post on Baylor's site. Got to know their fans, stayed in same hotel, in Des Moines. Good people and spoke highly of Pat and told how much she meant to Kim(whom they adore). But never posted until the first (to me) Baylor/Louisville game. Still say that was the worst officiated game I have ever seen. Still wonder if Louisville had cash or photos:):. Any way, went on Baylor board to extend my sympathies. The people were nice, know basketball; I haven't been on for months, will probably check in after season gets going.

Also even more rarely check out Cockytalk. SC is my second home and I love the state. Always pull for them unless it impacts Tennessee...my blood does run orange, not garnet:clapping:.

Never understood some of the posters from other teams on here. Some are just sneaky trolls (the 'I love the Lady Vols' ones who then take an underhanded swipe at the program. The majority of these seem to be uconn fans..not you Daddychoc:hi:). I think the Carolina fans are almost always good posters...may be prejudiced though, as stated I love SC. As to ivy, I think that was just a generic troll showing up on different boards trying to get something going.

The studies on trolls and sadisim etc. are interesting reads. I posted a few years ago, just an article and only asked if we had any in the forum, and it got deleted...I think I hurt somebody's (R????) delicate little feelings with the question:good!:.

Truth!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back