Vanderbilt rolls to a 97-53 win in Exhibition

Vanderbilt will not have a height advantage against most teams they encounter this season. Their post players are 6-1. They are guard heavy. But they do have an advantage in coaching. I'm thinking 4th to 6th in the SEC and an 2nd round NCAA exit.

Coaching is good but you can't teach height and that they ain't got.
Stephanie White and Carolyn Peck are two coaches that will have to rely on their knowledgeable bball i.q.s to get their team to some big wins.

Reactions: 1 person
Vanderbilt will not have a height advantage against most teams they encounter this season. Their post players are 6-1. They are guard heavy. But they do have an advantage in coaching. I'm thinking 4th to 6th in the SEC and an 2nd round NCAA exit.

Coaching is good but you can't teach height and that they ain't got.
Stephanie White and Carolyn Peck are two coaches that will have to rely on their knowledgeable bball i.q.s to get their team to some big wins.

You're right, if anything happen to Webb they have nothing inside and listing her at 6'1" is pushing it, she closer to 5'11" than 6'1". They need to be looking at their Volleyball team and seeing if they can get someone who's about 6'3" that at least played some high school basketball

On the flip side, a team that plays five speedy guards/wings is very tough to defend. Is a big lumbering overweight 6'5" post going to chase a guard around the perimeter and prevent her from jacking up a three-point shot? It forces a big team (like Baylor) into playing zone.

On the flip side, a team that plays five speedy guards/wings is very tough to defend. Is a big lumbering overweight 6'5" post going to chase a guard around the perimeter and prevent her from jacking up a three-point shot? It forces a big team (like Baylor) into playing zone.

The flip side is the coaching. That's why I stated Vandy could possibly place between 4th and 6th place in the SEC

White and Peck could get the best of their squad with offensive schemes. They already have good 3pt shooters.

Last edited:
You're right, if anything happen to Webb they have nothing inside and listing her at 6'1" is pushing it, she closer to 5'11" than 6'1". They need to be looking at their Volleyball team and seeing if they can get someone who's about 6'3" that at least played some high school basketball

Webb is a big girl. In that video she just used her girth to push aside to score on the opposing player. She was like Get Out of My Way!

She reminds me of the player who won an NCAA championship with Texas A & M. I forget her name.

But we both agree. Webb is the only post player that they have and she's undersized. But that's not going to seal Vandy's doom, though because they have a great coaching staff that knows the game and how to get the best from their players.

Coach White and Peck are proven winners. And they both know the SEC very well. Also, I think they smell blood in the water when it comes to our Lady Vols. Holly best have a sound game plan against Vandy or else she's going to look foolish once again. I say that because of the personnel. Clearly on paper The LVs look to be the better team. All we have to do is shoot over those little Vandy chicks. Let them foul us to get to the free throw line. IT's really quite that simple.

But the thing is coaching has a lot to do with wins. So. My money is on (fill in the blank),:crazy:

Last edited:
Webb is a big girl. In that video she just used her girth to push aside to score on the opposing player. She was like Get Out of My Way!

She reminds me of the player who won an NCAA championship with Texas A & M. I forget her name.

But we both agree. Webb is the only post player that they have and she's undersized. But that's not going to seal Vandy's doom, though because they have a great coaching staff that knows the game and how to get the best from their players.

Coach White and Peck are proven winners. And they both know the SEC very well. Also, I think they smell blood in the water when it comes to our Lady Vols. Holly best have a sound game plan against Vandy or else she's going to look foolish once again. I say that because of the personnel. Clearly on paper The LVs look to be the better team. All we have to do is shoot over those little Vandy chicks. Let them foul us to get to the free throw line. IT's really quite that simple.

But the thing is coaching has a lot to do with wins. So. My money is on (fill in the blank),:crazy:

You're talking about Danielle Adams and she was also listed as 6'1" and was also more like 5'11" and I am not doubting that they will get it done and I like Webb and her relentlessness but she is the only 4/5 player they have, Overbeck is more 4/3, will be interesting to watch though

Adams is above 6 foot. Difference is Adams has a outside shot consistently and Webb has no outside game.
Vandy offense is their shooting. Spread, drive, kick out shoot.

VN Store

Back