Lady Vols Media Day Press Conference 10-27

Says that the video has been removed by user .....went to UTSports .com and got the same .Would like to have seen it.

No mention of Kort's progress or anything at all is weird. If she starts this year still not knowing how to play D I'm going to start looking at the coaches for her inability to get in defensive stance and slide her feet. SN: from the presser sounds like the starting lineup will be Jordy, Diamond, Jaime, Qui, and Mercedes. Seems like that lineup gives opponents no reason to play anything other than zone.

No mention of Kort's progress or anything at all is weird. If she starts this year still not knowing how to play D I'm going to start looking at the coaches for her inability to get in defensive stance and slide her feet. SN: from the presser sounds like the starting lineup will be Jordy, Diamond, Jaime, Qui, and Mercedes. Seems like that lineup gives opponents no reason to play anything other than zone.

The good old double post. I just want them to try 4 out 1 in... just try.

Reactions: 1 person

Defense is all heart, you have to want too. ijs

4 -1 will depends on the development of Meme, Kortney, and Alexa, if anyone of them are solid, the floor really opens up for Cedes.

And we ran 4-1 alot since Holly has been Coach!

Defense is all heart, you have to want too. ijs

Defense is technique. She could have all the heart in the world, but that's not going stop a player from scoring on her. When Kort's playing on the wing she doesn't get low and slide her feet, but she's not the only one that struggle with that. And when she's playing in the post she's almost always out of position also when she goes for a rebound instead of using to hands she goes up and tip the ball. Everybody on the team have trouble with a proper box out. So yeah, for all the defensive schemes the team work on as a unit they fell to teach them properly.

Yes, its technique but she has to work on that, if a coach has to spend time individually with each player during the season and prepare to game plan, its just not enough time, Kortney being playing basketball for how long, like none of her coaches prior to coming to Tenn, never told her the principles, fundamentals, and technique for playing defense.

So Kortney has to want to get in the gym and work on her technique, her footwork, getting low and staying low, her stamina, all the technique is the world is not going to help if that player don't put in the time (repitions) to get better. Nope, coach I jus want to shoot threes. ijs.

When players take ownership of their talent and effort, they become solid players. Let's hope she did that over the summer.

And if you have heart, you work on the parts of your game that is not upto par that keeps you off the floor, and regulated to the bench. Look the landscape of wcbb, look at every school, and every player, some players just don't get it. And she might be one of those.

But does not make her a bad player, no that just make her Kortney!

Last edited:
A good coach, if you can't defend you don't play and she's known that for two years. ijs

That she was able to get up time and time again and pull out a 28-point, 12-rebound and four-steal Game 5 performance is a testament to what she learned from the Hall of Fame coach.

“You can’t control if shots go in or shots don’t, but what you can control is defense and rebounding,” Parker said.

Last edited:
Defense is technique. She could have all the heart in the world, but that's not going stop a player from scoring on her. When Kort's playing on the wing she doesn't get low and slide her feet, but she's not the only one that struggle with that. And when she's playing in the post she's almost always out of position also when she goes for a rebound instead of using to hands she goes up and tip the ball. Everybody on the team have trouble with a proper box out. So yeah, for all the defensive schemes the team work on as a unit they fell to teach them properly.

And my teacher tried to teach me trigonometry, ya know what, I just don't get it. I mean we went over and over again, detailed, we watched video, I had a tutor, still didn't get it. ijs.

Last edited:
Hey, y'all - looks like the videos of the pressers from today are back up on utsports.com (or you can just go directly to YouTube.

I bet they removed the original link so they could edit and separate them since it was one continuous stream originally.

University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site

Individual links to Holly's and Jordan and Diamond's presser under the picture and you click on the picture to see little clips from the rest of the girls.

Last edited:
Orange, Kortney says she worked a lot on defense this past off season.

Championship are won in the off season.

See, when Nicky Caldwell told Pat, let's play Sidney Spencer in the post during that NCAA Championship run, see Sidney thought with her size and frame, she could bang in the post, which allowed Nikki to defend on the perimeter.

She wanted to do whateva it took to help the team win, or reach its ultimate goal, playing for a Championship, and she bang the hell out of Larkins, remember, but she stayed after practice with practice guys to defend in the post, every day, during the break from SEC to the NCAA tournament, and Nikki was watching this...

Players have to put in the work.

hmmm you would have thought that the mighty Lady Vols didn't make the tournament last year,let alone finish in the Elite Eight

stay healthy is the biggest concern this year,as in the last couple of years

Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Reactions: 3 people
Where is her video?
Why no mention of Kortney?
What's going on with her?
I want to know.

Where is her video?
I want to know.

Where is Holly's video? I posted a few comments back that the videos were back up. I think they took them town to edit them into separate vids since it was one continuous stream originally. Now there are separate links to Holly's presser and then the separate interviews with Jordan and Diamond.

Here's a link to the front page with the links to Holly's presser and Jordan's and Diamond's pressers:

This should be a direct link to a page with little short clips of the rest of the girls, including Kortney, telling what they worked on in the off season and/or what they feel they bring to the team:

Lady Vol Hoops Media Day - University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site

Scroll down for the individual clips.

Last edited:
With who? Maybe it was one of the games they won. I only saw games where they lost.

Nia Moore was the 1-in. The other four changed. Mostly Cooper, Carter, Reynolds, DeShields, Nared when she returned from injury, Middleton some but not much.

Where is her video?
I want to know.

For some reason I think she may be limited in action right now. I think I heard she may be dealing with a foot problem.

Where is Holly's video? I posted a few comments back that the videos were back up. I think they took them town to edit them into separate vids since it was one continuous stream originally. Now there are separate links to Holly's presser and then the separate interviews with Jordan and Diamond.

Here's a link to the front page with the links to Holly's presser and Jordan's and Diamond's pressers:

This should be a direct link to a page with little short clips of the rest of the girls, including Kortney, telling what they worked on in the off season and/or what they feel they bring to the team:

Lady Vol Hoops Media Day - University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site

Scroll down for the individual clips.

thank you.

thank you.

You're most welcome. I loved all the vids of the girls. I especially loved Jordan's press conference video. They way she talked about Alexa Middleton got me choked up and about made me cry!

Silly, I guess....but I was touched.

Always get excited about Media day Holly always says positive things like Nared is a lot better player. Reynolds is a lot better. It makes you think this team could be awesome and have a much better record than last year.
I am even thinking the men might have a winning record now that is optimism.

VN Store

Back