Diamond Shields... Article

I'm like you P4L....we'll see! I love her confidence but I sure would love for her to back it up this season. We all know DD is capable of garnering All-American status but I just hope she makes the whole team better. It sounds like she may be thinking she's POY material, she needs to realize that POY makes everyone around her better as well. She seems to be in that space mentally, I just want it to translate to the court!

Reactions: 1 person
Its funny how some of you are! When people criticize Holly yall get in your feelings, but yet it is okay for some of you to to take a we'll see approach with a player......? Let's go Diamond! Some of us are rooting for you and Holly and hoping for a wonderful season! Last season was last season! Let's shock the world and make History again!

Reactions: 6 people
Its funny how some of you are! When people criticize Holly yall get in your feelings, but yet it is okay for some of you to to take a we'll see approach with a player......? Let's go Diamond! Some of us are rooting for you and Holly and hoping for a wonderful season! Last season was last season! Let's shock the world and make History again!

I love it - "Last season was last season!" That's what I'm talkin' about! Gooooo Diamond!!! 💎🍊🏀 (Is "Diamond DeShields" not the greatest name ever?!😁)

And Go Holly and Go Lady Vols!!! ❤️🍊🏀

Reactions: 4 people
Diamond is more skilled than any player in the country!

Conceivably...but that's not what she said:

There’s no second-guessing, no hesitation,” the Lady Vols guard said. “I feel like I’ll be the best player on the floor, no matter who we’re playing.”

There is a difference...

There’s no second-guessing, no hesitation,” the Lady Vols guard said. “I feel like I’ll be the best player on the floor, no matter who we’re playing.”

There is a difference...

I feel like she is the best anytime she step on the court too. She showed that late last season but you have to consider the fact she didn't play a whole year & had a nagging leg injury. She will be ready this season!

It's all about you DD. No need to talk about the team.

“Right now my focus is on the University of Tennessee, my teammates and what our goals are as a team. That’s literally all I think about. That’s how I am approaching this whole thing.”

Reactions: 7 people
It's all about you DD. No need to talk about the team.

Is this not taking about the team?

“Right now my focus is on the University of Tennessee, my teammates and what our goals are as a team. That’s literally all I think about. That’s how I am approaching this whole thing.”

Sounds like to me "the team" is her primary focus.

Reactions: 3 people

There is a difference...

All of the best players believe they're the best player on the floor. Diamond has always been one of the best players. Why do you think she should think differently?

Haha we posted the same thing at the same time! Love it! 😁

All of the best players believe they're the best player on the floor. Diamond has always been one of the best players. Why do you think she should think differently?

This is what I was thinking. Shouldn't they ALL believe and play like they are the best player on the floor? I didn't think she meant it in an arrogant way - just confident. I love it!

As a fan you want your players to fear no one. But usually you defer to how your teams makes you better. As a team the expectations should always be to know you can be the best team on the court every night. But as a player i would think you would defer to the greatness of your teammates when asked how good you are. I've always seem to hear players downplay their own game and defer to the greatness of their teammates rather than put such high individual expectations on themselves. Going into every game this season the opposition know that DD is our best player but her proclaiming that gives a little extra bulletin board material. I'm ready for talking season to be over with. Roll the ball out and lets play!

I don't care who the star is on the team let it be different ones in different games as long as they win. I'm hoping for an sec championship and national championship.

Where have I said anything about her thinking?

I don't care what she thinks. Why not just go out on the floor every time and prove without announcing it ahead of time? This will just give those other teams more motivation. You gain nothing by proclaiming you're the best but then getting bested.

Amen !!!

Hear we go! I, I, I, what about team?

She talked about the team first did you read the article? She's been about team since her conversation with Coach Law, sometimes when you're a little (or in some cases a lot) better than the players you're playing with and they don't understand or can't play your style of play it hurts the team. She was injured a lot most of last season and felt like she had to be the savior in a lot of games for whatever reason, which lead to her possibly trying to do too much. She has since got time to bond with her teammates and form that chemistry (and trust) which is very important with team sports, that she now feels like the sky is the limit for her and her teammates (both individually and collaboratively). Last season was last season, let's look to this season and wish for nothing but the best from her, Holly, and the rest of the team.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back