Finals MVP Candace Parker finally captures elusive WNBA title

T.J.

"MINNEAPOLIS -- Candace Parker was about to pour some champagne over Nneka Ogwumike's head in a beyond-jubilant Sparks locker room."
Finals MVP Candace Parker leads Los Angeles Sparks to WNBA title

I've watched that championship game 4 times! I am beyond happy for Candace and The Sparks. Last night was the craziest sports night of my life!

The Cubs beat the Dodgers to go 1 up. My Green Bay Packers beat the Bears but the best of all was The Sparks beating The Lynx for the WNBA title. What a night!

I hope y'all enjoyed the game as much as I did. One small thing I took away from last night's game was Chelsea Gray's playmaking as a big point guard. I hope Jordan Reynolds was watching because she could emulate Gray's game to her advantage. Post up smaller guards and attack the basket. Jordan is 5'11 is so is Gray. Sounds like a game plan?
10/20/16: Los Angeles Sparks @ Minnesota Lynx - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA

"On Thursday night, the Los Angeles Sparks took Game 5 of the WNBA Finals -- cementing their first championship in 14 years -- and ending the Lynx run at tying the (now defunct) Houston Comets' mark of four championships."
The Los Angeles Sparks bask in WNBA championship glory

Ok Lady Vol fans are y'all ready for some wcbball?
I know I am!:)
GOLadyVols!

Reactions: 3 people
And then I saw this!!!:mad:

"MINNEAPOLIS -- The disappointment and emotion were still raw when Minnesota Lynx coach Cheryl Reeve walked into the postgame news conference with Maya Moore and Seimone Augustus. Defense and rebounding, two things the Lynx are known for, failed them in the fourth quarter when they absolutely needed it, costing them the back-to-back WNBA titles they sought to complete their dynastic résumé."

Coach Reeve should be ASHAMED of herself. Raining on The L.A. Sparks parade because her team lost? The same exact call was missed against The Sparks in game 4but coach Reeve said nothing because her team won. :good!:

Minnesota Lynx disappointed with performance and poor officiating in WNBA Finals

Reactions: 1 person
And then I saw this!!!:mad:

"MINNEAPOLIS -- The disappointment and emotion were still raw when Minnesota Lynx coach Cheryl Reeve walked into the postgame news conference with Maya Moore and Seimone Augustus. Defense and rebounding, two things the Lynx are known for, failed them in the fourth quarter when they absolutely needed it, costing them the back-to-back WNBA titles they sought to complete their dynastic résumé."

Coach Reeve should be ASHAMED of herself. Raining on The L.A. Sparks parade because her team lost? The same exact call was missed against The Sparks in game 4but coach Reeve said nothing because her team won. :good!:

Minnesota Lynx disappointed with performance and poor officiating in WNBA Finals

I'm on the fence with Reeve's. Personally if you read her bio, she hasn't really rode the coat tails of anybody to get where she is at today. She has put in her dues. I think the last 4 years is where she is starting to slip for me, which I tribute that to being around Geno too much and, in return, starting to be more of a baby if not getting her own way. What that being said, she did say over and over in her press conference that the ref's were bad. She said that the ref's missed her team's 8 second half court rule that really could of been a game changer for LA, as well as Nneka's late shot clock last night. She continue to give LA credit though for the win and said in the 2nd half her team wasn't strong in the paint, and LA was the better post team.

I'm on the fence with Reeve's. Personally if you read her bio, she hasn't really rode the coat tails of anybody to get where she is at today. She has put in her dues. I think the last 4 years is where she is starting to slip for me, which I tribute that to being around Geno too much and, in return, starting to be more of a baby if not getting her own way. What that being said, she did say over and over in her press conference that the ref's were bad. She said that the ref's missed her team's 8 second half court rule that really could of been a game changer for LA, as well as Nneka's late shot clock last night. She continue to give LA credit though for the win and said in the 2nd half her team wasn't strong in the paint, and LA was the better post team.

Ok that's fine but what else does she want? The trophy is not going to be taken away from The Sparks with a written not to coach Reeve. Sorry for that miss call you win! Congrats.

Get real. Save all that moaning and groaning for another time. I say this knowing that my team won. :)

This is great! Thanks coach Reeve keep talking. :dance2:

Agreed, I'm not one for blaming ref's. If her team would of rebounded better and defended, it would of been a different outcome.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not understanding. Wasn't the shot clock suppose to reset to 24 seconds after Beard got the offensive rebound? It reset to only 14 seconds after she grabbed the offensive board.

I'm not understanding. Wasn't the shot clock suppose to reset to 24 seconds after Beard got the offensive rebound? It reset to only 14 seconds after she grabbed the offensive board.

The WNBA changed that rule I think in 2015...after any offensive rebound, the shot clock resets only to 14 sec. Their way of trying to speed up the game I guess.

The WNBA changed that rule I think in 2015...after any offensive rebound, the shot clock resets only to 14 sec. Their way of trying to speed up the game I guess.

Oh OK. Is it only for the last two minutes of the game? I stand by what I said though, that missed call off set things because the Lynx had been getting calls all series long. Whalen continuously throws her body around to get calls and she flops also. There's no team in the league that gets more favorable calls than Minnesota. Reeves absolutely gets on my nerves with the whining and tantrums she throws on the sideline every game. I'm glad the Lynx lost. I hate when in professional sports super teams are formed. Sylvia Fowles whined and held out demanding not just to be traded, but to be traded to Minnesota just to win. I'm hoping the same disappointment hit Kevin Durant and the Golden State Warriors for taking the easy way out in pursue of getting a championship. Some fans call Parker arrogant, but do they watch how Whalen carry on in games? Oh well, the Sparks got the trophy and there's nothing anyone can do about it. I think UConn fans are still salty towards Parker for dunking on their home court.

Reactions: 6 people
Oh OK. Is it only for the last two minutes of the game? I stand by what I said though, that missed call off set things because the Lynx had been getting calls all series long. Whalen continuously throws her body around to get calls and she flops also. There's no team in the league that gets more favorable calls than Minnesota. Reeves absolutely gets on my nerves with the whining and tantrums she throws on the sideline every game. I'm glad the Lynx lost. I hate when in professional sports super teams are formed. Sylvia Fowles whined and held out demanding not just to be traded, but to be traded to Minnesota just to win. I'm hoping the same disappointment hit Kevin Durant and the Golden State Warriors for taking the easy way out in pursue of getting a championship. Some fans call Parker arrogant, but do they watch how Whalen carry on in games? Oh well, the Sparks got the trophy and there's nothing anyone can do about it. I think UConn fans are still salty towards Parker for dunking on their home court.

I dont like Minny either, McCarville told Chicago she would retire and Brunson refused to re-sign with Minny if they was going to be apart of the Fowles deal which is what lead to the 3 team deal that had Gray going to Atlanta and DeSousza going to Chicago, how are you allowed to not give up truly anything (Rashanda Gray was a rookie or second year player and their first round pick would be late in the first round) and still get arguably the best Center in the WNBA right now?

Fowles gave Chicago 7 years, I don't begrudge her leaving for greener pastures.

Fowles gave Chicago 7 years, I don't begrudge her leaving for greener pastures.

I get your point, but Parker was in LA just as long. She wanted to be traded to the Lynx is what I'm talking about forming a super team. I'm glad the Lynx lost. Minnesota's roster makes Reeves look like an elite coach not what she does on the sideline. Maya Moore will make any coach look good. I'm glad that Sparks won and to add icing on the cake, I'll bet you the Boneyard is in an uproar. Most of their fans hate Candace and will probably sacrifice their lives for Geno. He can do no wrong in their eyes. I wonder how they will react when he retires and their program transitions. I'm happy for the Sparks organization.

VN Store

Back