Parker won championship - "This is for Pat."

I'm still in awe!!!! That was the best WNBA Finals I've watched. Candace showed up this game! 28 points and 12 rebounds. That was a good game! This has to be the most watched WNBA Finals ever.

Reactions: 10 people
I'm still in awe!!!! That was the best WNBA Finals I've watched. Candace showed up this game! 28 points and 12 rebounds. That was a good game! This has to be the most watched WNBA Finals ever.

This lady vol was kept off the Olympic team!😡
You showed everyone you are one of the greatest ever👍

Reactions: 12 people
And there go all her bashers with their hateful vitriol. You pathetic crybabies know NOTHING about Parker or professional basketball. Candace has now proven herself a champion at every level and no one can ever take that away from her. To the haters, good riddance....

4pMX5rJ4PYAEM.gif

Reactions: 12 people
WOW. What a game. Candace played for Pat

5 minutes the game starts I said to my family LA got this championship and I tried to post it they said no don't.. Am like I saw it from far...Pat was fighting 4 them. Glory be to God almighty...Great job to parker and co..

Reactions: 2 people
Congrats Candace! She played tonight! If she played like that night in & night out, she would be unstoppable! I think Nnedka should've been the finals MVP though!

Reactions: 3 people
Congrats Candace! She played tonight! If she played like that night in & night out, she would be unstoppable! I think Nnedka should've been the finals MVP though!

No Candace put the team on her shoulders and encouraged everyone the entire game and talked to them when they got down.

I don't care about that controversial shot by Nneka. Minnesota has been getting calls all series long! If LA looked at Minnesota it seems like a foul was called on LA. And let's not act like Whalen don't continuously flop and throw her body around to get to the FT line. I bet you the UCONN fans are pretty upset right now! Oh well.😂

Reactions: 4 people
That last bucket was all about who wanted it more and Nneka just wanted it more than anybody else under the basket. Parker said she listened to one of Pat's speeches before the game. Great game tonight. Congrats to the Sparks and CP3!!!

Reactions: 3 people
No Candace put the team on her shoulders and encouraged everyone the entire game and talked to them when they got down.

The MVP is suppose to be how you play the entire finals (series) not just 1 or 2 games, its not discrediting what she's done/accomplished, I just feel Nnedka played a better series

Reactions: 1 person
The MVP is suppose to be how you play the entire finals (series) not just 1 or 2 games, its not discrediting what she's done/accomplished, I just feel Nnedka played a better series

For once I completely disagree with you. Candace won game 5 for LA on the road.

Reactions: 5 people
Candace was relentless and showed why she is the most dominant player in the league when she wants to be. Great win from LA, given the foul trouble and lack of scoring for the rest of the LA starters. Parker kept the game close until the rest of the team started contributing on offense. Her rebounding was outstanding. Considering how well the Minnesota Olympians played, this just makes the win even more impressive.

The missed call on the Ogwumike basket that came after the shot clock expired is poetic justice. Just as I'm sure Minnesota fans said last game that the backcourt violation didn't necessarily affect the outcome of the game, the same applies here. Each time got a lifeline. The universes balance has been restored.

Congrats to Candace and the Sparks on a hard fought victory.

Reactions: 4 people
MVP of regular season. On Championship winning team.
MVP of playoffs. On Championship winning team.

Neither good enough to be on Olympic team.

I am so confused.

Reactions: 9 people
Candace proving once again that she is the greatest to ever play in the women's game. Did anyone really expect her not to show up tonight? This just validates her career and accomplishments and I'm glad I've been lucky enough got to witness her college and professional career. Take that Geno!

Reactions: 9 people
What a class individual, after winning her first WNBA title and MVP of the finals, the first words coming out of her mouth, as she was crying was, I did it for Pat!!! Make no mistake people, Candace Parker is one of the greatest ball players, of all-time, simply unstoppable tonight. To all of you recruits, that are still considering TN, now what is your excuse, TN breeds CHAMPIONS!!!.

Reactions: 5 people
Glad they won, but it's ridiculous that they didn't waive that shot.

....it does feel good to be on the other side of a ref screw job.

For once I completely disagree with you. Candace won game 5 for LA on the road.

I didnt say she didn't win game 5 (she had a lot of help also Chelsea Gray had a stretch where she scored 4 straight baskets in the 4th) Candace balled out the finals mvp has always been about what is done in the series and not in the game, like I said I am Happy for her and taking nothing away from her I just think Nnedka had a better series and that she should've have won the series MVP! Parker had a better game tonight but its never been based on a single night performance or at least i thought it wasn't

VN Store

Back