Sparks' Alana Beard knows to 'hold on loosely' to dreams and goals

T.J.

"With a chance to win the WNBA championship Sunday at home in front of a supportive crowd at Staples Center, Los Angeles lost 85-79. Now the Sparks have to go on the road for a winner-take-all Game 5 at Minnesota.

That's a pretty tough spot -- but the Sparks are a pretty positive-minded group, and one of their veterans has her own personal mantra to help. Alana Beard is in her 13th year as a pro, and she's been through some trials, for sure."

Alana Beard is constant source of positive thinking

I love Alana's backstory. Hopefully it ends well for her. The story goes that she wanted to become a Lady Vol but coach Summitt during that time had not recruited her. Then her Duke squad loses to the Lady Vols her senior season. Her WNBA career has been nice but not spectacular. No rings.

And then this happens......

She hit that buzzer beater game winning 3pt shot that might have been her biggest highlight of her WNBA career. But, wait.....

Alana's not finished. After reading that Michelle Voeple article I like nothing more for Beard to go out a winner!

GOALANABEARD!
GOSPARKS!
Beat The Lynx!

Reactions: 1 person
What is it stating as I can barely make out the words?

Could you please explain what you posted?

This was in reference to the backcourt violation that should have been called on Minny in the waning moments of Game 4. I think the score was tied. Minny ended up getting two free throws out of the possession that put them ahead in the game for good.

As for "now what", I'm pretty sure it's nothing more than a "My bad. We'll try to be more careful in the next game." Series will remain tied at 2-2.

VN Store

Back