For The Win

Having Candace Parker in the WNBA Finals is a recruitment tool for Tennessee.

Just the mention of her collegiate school on the big stage sends a message. Candace is representing The Lady Vols in the pro ranks. That's exactly what Tamika Catchings had done, also.

The spirit of coach Pat Summitt lives on thru her players.

GOSparks!

Reactions: 1 person
Having Candace Parker in the WNBA Finals is a recruitment tool for Tennessee.

Just the mention of her collegiate school on the big stage sends a message. Candace is representing The Lady Vols in the pro ranks. That's exactly what Tamika Catchings had done, also.

The spirit of coach Pat Summitt lives on thru her players.

GOSparks!

I agree! I have a feeling if LA wins today Patterson will announce she's going to be a Lady Vol! I hope this feeling is right!

I agree! I have a feeling if LA wins today Patterson will announce she's going to be a Lady Vol! I hope this feeling is right![/QUOTE

We can fill our roster with McDonalds All Amerians but if Holly doesn't use the players the correct way, we will still lose.
Remember last season, she didn't let Diamond be the "Go to guy"? Who on the team was abetter than her?

Reactions: 2 people
I agree! I have a feeling if LA wins today Patterson will announce she's going to be a Lady Vol! I hope this feeling is right![/QUOTE

We can fill our roster with McDonalds All Amerians but if Holly doesn't use the players the correct way, we will still lose.
Remember last season, she didn't let Diamond be the "Go to guy"? Who on the team was abetter than her?

DD was playing horrible and wasn't a "go to" player until the tournament started!

Reactions: 5 people
"LOS ANGELES -- At this point, after all that has happened in the past year, this latest insult barely registers. Ten players were named to the WNBA's first and second teams on Friday, and not one of them was the woman who is still considered by many to be one of the best female basketball players in the world: Candace Parker."

Los Angeles Sparks' Candace Parker can cement legacy in Game 4 of WNBA Finals

It's UT V UCONN

No, it's not. It's LA vs. Minnesota. Nneka (from Stanford) is the star of the LA team (and all of the WNBA) this year, not Parker. Parker wasn't even voted second team all-WNBA this year. And just where does Bashaara Graves factor in as a member of the Minnesota team? Is she now considered a Connecticut grad because she plays for the Lynx? The logic of your statement eludes me.

Reactions: 3 people
Does Candace not have the ability to show up and play hard for 2 games in a row? JFC, this is your chance to finally win a WNBA championship and you're going to half-ass it in a Finals game AGAIN?

Get your sh!t together and PLAY BALL. Maya is making you look like a clown right now. She gets it.

Reactions: 4 people
Does Candace not have the ability to show up and play hard for 2 games in a row? JFC, this is your chance to finally win a WNBA championship and you're going to half-ass it in a Finals game AGAIN?

Get your sh!t together and PLAY BALL. Maya is making you look like a clown right now. She gets it.

Candace is so inconsistent I would hate to be one of her teammates, the rest of the team is playing hard & she is playing like it's a scrimmage game.

Parker - 1 fg in each quarter. A whopping five points and she hasn't had a rebound in the last 17 minutes. Perfectly happy to hang out on the perimeter and miss jumpers while Brunson has been sitting for the past 15 minutes with 3 fouls and Maya Moore guarding her. No defense, sitting around staring at Sylvia fight her way for rebounds and putbacks. Princess doesn't want to battle in the block. Her hair and nails might get messed up. Absolutely disgraceful performance from her. All talk, nothing else.

Three days after being snubbed for All-WNBA team, she's making the case for them being correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Candace is so inconsistent I would hate to be one of her teammates, the rest of the team is playing hard & she is playing like it's a scrimmage game.

Honestly, LA should trade her. All of the other players are busting their a$$es out there, and she's just standing around doing nothing.

She is a primadonna, and it's becoming clear why a player with her talent has not led LA to the championship. She has no heart.

Honestly, LA should trade her. All of the other players are busting their a$$es out there, and she's just standing around doing nothing.

She is a primadonna, and it's becoming clear why a player with her talent has not led LA to the championship. She has no heart.
I said the same thing, I love Candace but her lack of desire pisses me off, this is her chance to win it all and yet she standing around the 3PT line with Brunson with 3 fouls, get her ass on the block and dominate, even if they win it and I am LA I try to trade her and see what I can get for her and move Lavender into the starting lineup

Parker being a crybaby little b!tch on the bench and Agler has to talk her off the cliff.

The rest of her teammates putting it all out on the floor while she pouts on the bench because she can't get her way. Comes back in with Maya Moore guarding her and casually strolls over to the three point line so she can watch her teammates try to make something happen.

Contrast that with Moore who is playing like her career is on the line.

That's the difference between Moore and Parker. Moore is a winner who plays hard. She's like the 2nd coming of Catchings. Parker is a loser who pouts and stomps her feet when things don't go her way.

If LA wins, I'll be happy for Nneka, Kristi, Alana, Chelsea, Essence and Jantel for really playing their hearts out. I'm over Parker. She doesn't deserve my applause.

Reactions: 4 people
I concur with what everyone posted.

First Kristi Toliver!

Wtf was those quick shots with the scored tied, TWICE?

Missing her free throws.

Candace is all talk. How could she not attack the rim like she did in game 3 is beyond belief. :crazy:

Nneke I have no clue why her offensive game was lacking and defense for that matter.

Looks like Minny is headed back home dragging the Sparks with them.

THANK YOU CHELSEA GRAY. Great game!

I AM SO DISAPPOINTED!:thud:

LA within striking distance, and Parker with two turnovers, 2 pouts and 3 foot stomps in the final moments. Maya Moore leads her team to a win with 31 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals and 2 blocks.

Parker decided to play a little bit from 6 minute mark down to 1 minute mark, and got to the basket at will. It's a crying shame that she spent the other 35 minutes of the game acting like a big baby.

I won't bother watching game 5, win or lose for LA. Parker is an embarrassment. Olympic reject, All-WNBA reject...all deserving. No player that checks out for 2 games in the WNBA championships deserves any sort of recognition, and I'm glad that the Olympic Committee and sports writers recognize this.

With 30 seconds left in the game, LA had a chance to pull out the win. Unfortunately for LA, Parker was a train wreck during those final 30 seconds. Nneka was solid as always. She could have used a little help tonight. Gray was solid off of the bench.

Every time the sparks lose Candace is to blame because of her lack of energy & focus. Sometimes I hate to watch her play.

I am gutted. You might be right.

The sadness of losing this game has given me a headache. All Candace had to do is duplicate what she did in game 3 especially with Brunson in foul trouble and Maya guarding her.

Game over.

Honestly The sparks coach should have left Parker on the bench for Lavender, she plays hard all the time.

VN Store

Back