If you can bring back one former Lady Vol Player for the 2016-2017 season?

Pat4life

Who would it be? No All Americans!

Sidney Spencer, would be my choice. If we had a player, like her 2-5 spot, big frame, good position defender, solid post defender and knock down shots.

Last edited:
Shannon Bobbitt. A floor general that was tough and consistent. Defenses could not sag on her and she played lock down defense.

Reactions: 3 people
Bobbit, Spencer, Bjokland, or Baugh! But I think Bobbit will get my vote! Her "swag" would definitely lift a lot of the players on this team!

Reactions: 1 person
I agree!! The best player that could be brought back to help the Lady Vols would be Catch. Get her in the program in some fashion. Asst Coach, player development, or mentor. ANYTHING but get her there!!

I think that's what's helping Texas is the fact they have thr WNBA all time leading scorer on their bench"Tina Thompson"

If Tamika joins the staff or joins Lady Vols basketball officially, wow! I would very happy!

Go back to the 90's and get any of our really good point guards. To me, all this bunch needs is a good take charge point guard to make them a "team". My memory is not good enough to name names, but do remember there were some good ones.

Some notable point guards from the 90's were Michelle Marciniak, Kellie Jolly, Dena Head, Kristen Clement, Tiffany Woosley, Kara Lawson, Laurie Milligan, etc.

Last edited:
Candace Parker!

These girls won't need "fantasy" players,,, What they need is, to come together and whip the crap out of everybody they play, right from the gitgo!

I'd bring back these nine and maybe a couple of walk-on wannabe's from the intra-murals, (For blowouts).

11 Diamond DeShields 6-1 G RS JR Norcross, Ga. North Carolina
13 Kortney Dunbar 6-2 F JR Edwardsville, Ill. Edwardsville H.S.
5 Kamera Harris 6-3 C FR Hampton, Ga. Dutchtown H.S.
10 Meme Jackson 5-11 G/F SO Murfreesboro, Tenn. Blackman H.S.
33 Alexa Middleton 5-9 G JR Murfreesboro, Tenn. Riverdale H.S.
31 Jaime Nared 6-2 G/F JR Portland, Ore. Westview H.S.
4 Schaquilla Nunn 6-3 F RS SR Fayetteville, Ga. Winthrop
0 Jordan Reynolds 5-11 G SR Portland, Ore. Central Catholic H.S.
21 Mercedes Russell 6-6 C RS JR Springfield, Ore. Springfield H.S.

With nine players, they stand a better chance of gelling right out of the gate.
Nine players can "become a team" faster.

And things like subbing takes on a different perception,,,because, when it is nine players, they actually look forward to their bench time, instead of dreading it. So the sub is a friend, not a foe.

With nine players, you never have the luxury of taking a "game off", so you stay basketball ready.

Too much for the girls???

Many people work 8-12 hours a day
every day. ..
Grown,
older people.
Nah, I don't worry about fatigue in a young adult.
I only worry about focus.

you'll be in a world of trouble if 2 or 3 girls get injured, Coach J with 9 players.

you'll be in a world of trouble if 2 or 3 girls get injured, Coach J with 9 players.

If I was 12 deep and only nine could play at that level, I would still be in trouble. But, I'd take my chances.

But I would fill the 3 other places with potentials from the university. They could get the garbage minutes instead of tiring out my scholarship players. ((We saw this past weekend that that type of player can be significant... That long-haired kick-off defender made an impact against the foot-Vol team.

I really do prefer nine for a run. If you use all nine effectively, it is only 22 minutes a player...If I lose one I still have eight!. And I know of many teams that only had eight and played very effectively.

Last edited:
My choice would be Kelly Jolly....not the great athlete like Candace or Catch, but she was a great floor general . With the talent on hand and the limited numbers available she would be great getting them in the proper sets....a steady hand for sure.

VN Store

Back