Candace Parker helps Sparks clinch first trip to WNBA Finals since 2003

T.J.

"ROSEMONT, Ill. -- She scored her 29 points Tuesday night as she usually does, any way she could, any way that was necessary: 6 of 10 from the field, 3 of 3 from the 3-point line and 14 of 15 from the foul line.
"
Candace Parker helps Los Angeles Sparks clinch WNBA Finals bid

Congratulations to my favorite WNBA Team!
The LOS ANGELES SPARKS!:)

So happy for Candace! :)

Next game @ Minnesota Lynx Sunday 10/09/16 @ 3pm on ABC.

Reactions: 1 person
"ROSEMONT, Ill. -- She scored her 29 points Tuesday night as she usually does, any way she could, any way that was necessary: 6 of 10 from the field, 3 of 3 from the 3-point line and 14 of 15 from the foul line.
"
Candace Parker helps Los Angeles Sparks clinch WNBA Finals bid

Congratulations to my favorite WNBA Team!
The LOS ANGELES SPARKS!:)

So happy for Candace! :)

Next game @ Minnesota Lynx Sunday 10/09/16 @ 3pm on ABC.

Candace bounced back from a disappointing last game, and was great on offense and defense - she had 4 blocks tonight. She did a lot of head fakes to get to the FT line, including one from behind the arc. Really good game from her on a night when Nneka "struggled" to score.

Sparks absolutely cannot take a night off against Minny the way they did in Game 3 vs. Chicago.

Reactions: 2 people
Candace bounced back from a disappointing last game, and was great on offense and defense - she had 4 blocks tonight. She did a lot of head fakes to get to the FT line, including one from behind the arc. Really good game from her on a night when Nneka "struggled" to score.

Sparks absolutely cannot take a night off against Minny the way they did in Game 3 vs. Chicago.

I agree, i also would love to see for a few stretches a lineup of;

PG-Gray
SG-Tolliver
SF-Parker
PF-Nnedka
C-Lavender

I think this lineup matches up really well with Minny's starting 5, I am not saying you start this lineup (If I was coaching them I would) but they should play together against Minny's starters. With the current lineup of Beard and Carsons at the 2 and 3 spots Lindsey Whalen does not have to play defense because neither Beard or Carson is truly looking to score. A player like Gray forces them to defend her because she is looking to penetrate and kick. Having Tolliver off the ball and free to roam (run her off screens to make Augustus have to chase her) bodes well for LA as she is an assassin when she is aloud to stand and shoot. Parker at the 3 spot is a match up nightmare for Minny because she can shoot from outside and post up when she needs too she wouldn't have to deal with the extremely physical Brunson she also have 5 inches on Maya which helps out a lot. Lavenders ability to hit the 3 consistently also force Fowles to have to chase her around the 3 point line as well. I think LA (if they are clicking on all cylinders) could beat Minny and win the title but I think it will all come down to coach and who can put their players in a better position to be successful and I think that's where Reeves will out due Agler.

I am going Lynx in 4 but if It goes to a game 5 the Sparks will win. Let's go Candace!

So, now she has to defeat the defending champs and their 4 "Olympians to get any respect... :(

Officials need to change the way a foul is called on CP's last shot. I still think it is a charge if a player leans and jumps into the defender when shooting. I hate the way they call that shot. CP had a very good game last night. She had a moment shortly after the game when she dropped her head and was solemn. I'll bet she was thinking she wished Pat could have seen her in the finals.

So, now she has to defeat the defending champs and their 4 "Olympians to get any respect... :(

And I hope she does, and puts up close to if not Triple Double numbers and you mean 6 Olympians gule;

Whalen (Gold)
Augustus (Gold)
Fowles (Gold)
Moore (Gold)
Coach Reeves (Gold)
Anna Cruz (Silver from Spain)

If her (Candace and her teammates can pull it off, it would be huge)

I agree, i also would love to see for a few stretches a lineup of;

PG-Gray
SG-Tolliver
SF-Parker
PF-Nnedka
C-Lavender

I think this lineup matches up really well with Minny's starting 5, I am not saying you start this lineup (If I was coaching them I would) but they should play together against Minny's starters. With the current lineup of Beard and Carsons at the 2 and 3 spots Lindsey Whalen does not have to play defense because neither Beard or Carson is truly looking to score. A player like Gray forces them to defend her because she is looking to penetrate and kick. Having Tolliver off the ball and free to roam (run her off screens to make Augustus have to chase her) bodes well for LA as she is an assassin when she is aloud to stand and shoot. Parker at the 3 spot is a match up nightmare for Minny because she can shoot from outside and post up when she needs too she wouldn't have to deal with the extremely physical Brunson she also have 5 inches on Maya which helps out a lot. Lavenders ability to hit the 3 consistently also force Fowles to have to chase her around the 3 point line as well. I think LA (if they are clicking on all cylinders) could beat Minny and win the title but I think it will all come down to coach and who can put their players in a better position to be successful and I think that's where Reeves will out due Agler.

I am going Lynx in 4 but if It goes to a game 5 the Sparks will win. Let's go Candace!

I'm the opposite. The fewer games, the more the likelihood the Sparks win. Their best bet is to sweep or win in 4. By the fifth game, I think Minny's superior depth will be their trump card.

Even though Beard/Carson are not scorers, their defense on Augustus and Moore will be key. I think they would do a better job than Tolliver and Parker on those defensive assignments. I also don't think that matching Parker vs. Moore at the wing is ideal. She will spend too much energy fighting through screens and chasing Maya all over the court and could get in foul trouble. Better to let Carson draw primary responsibility, with Parker switching over when Carson is on the bench.

Keys to LA winning will be that everyone shows up, no stupid turnovers, and Gray/Dabovic/Lavender have to be productive off the bench. I think they can win a shootout vs. Minnesota, but if both Augustus/Moore are on fire, then it will be a tough series to win.

I think this is the Sparks year. Candace has been on a mission and she has another superstar to help share the load.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
L A Sparks don't match Minny, physicality, they might get swept.

Parker, remember the LSU games in college, nasty, dragemout, alley fights, get ready Brunson, Fowles, Howard, dey ain't no joke.

Parker Wonder Woman, here's to an aggressive Sparks team.

L A Sparks don't match Minny, physicality, they might get swept.

Parker, remember the LSU games in college, nasty, dragemout, alley fights, get ready Brunson, Fowles, Howard, dey ain't no joke.

Parker Wonder Woman, here's to an aggressive Sparks team.

What helps LA hunger is that you have a few girls in LA that have come close to tasting a title at a higher level (College and Pros but have yet to do so) and you have those who have taste it at the Collegiate level and have not Professionally (at least in the WNBA).

Nnedka (Stanford)
Beard (Duke)
Carson (Rutgers)
Lavender (Ohio State)
Gray (Duke)

All were on great teams and either advance far in the tournament or played in a championship game

And you have;
Parker (Tennessee)
Tolliver (Maryland)

Both were extremely successful in college (National Champions) but have yet to Win in the WNBA.

It will be interesting to say the least

What helps LA hunger is that you have a few girls in LA that have come close to tasting a title at a higher level (College and Pros but have yet to do so) and you have those who have taste it at the Collegiate level and have not Professionally (at least in the WNBA).

Nnedka (Stanford)
Beard (Duke)
Carson (Rutgers)
Lavender (Ohio State)
Gray (Duke)

All were on great teams and either advance far in the tournament or played in a championship game

And you have;
Parker (Tennessee)
Tolliver (Maryland)

Both were extremely successful in college (National Champions) but have yet to Win in the WNBA.

It will be interesting to say the least

Knocking off the Champs is neva for the meek, or timid. If they are not ready for the physicality of Minny, its over. You gotta beat Minny for three games, it's going to be a fight worth watching tho.

Candace all the way, but she better have a lil Nicky toughness on defense, Ijs and hitting the boards.

If Parker played wit the same kinda intensity in the paint as Nneka, it would be fine, but then she gets guard happy, and 6'4 by the 3 point line its hard to rebound, and get extra possessions. Defense and Rebounding, and good guard play will decide this Championship.

I am tougher than you. Love it. Parker, go all the way up, the biggest stage. Go Lady Vols.

VN Store

Back