Volleyball central: Mississippi state

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
The Tennessee Volunteers open the SEC volleyball season Friday when they host Mississippi State at Thompson-Boling Arena.

The Vols (9-3, 0-0 SEC) match against Mississippi State (8-6, 0-0) starts at 7 p.m. with doors opening at 6 p.m. The Vols wrap up the weekend Sunday with another home match against Georgia (12-2, 0-1) at 1:30 p.m.

the game starts shortly

it is on watch ESPN

Watch Live Sports Events and ESPN Programs Online and on Mobile Applications - WatchESPN

Reactions: 1 person
We just got swept at home by a Miss. State team that, I venture, will not be one of the better teams in the SEC. Which means it will be another long SEC season for the volleyball team. I missed the first two sets, which were quite close, watched the first part of the 3rd, and we were terrible--first two serves were in the net, terrible sets, fell behind by several points, and it's hard catching up in volleyball. Patrick needs to start recruiting better--and immediately--or the next AD should make a change. He's been here a long time anyway.

Reactions: 1 person
We just got swept at home by a Miss. State team that, I venture, will finish in the bottom half in the SEC. That suggests that it will be another long SEC season for the volleyball team. I missed the first two sets, which were close, watched the first part of the 3rd, and we were terrible--first two serves were in the net, terrible sets, fell behind by several points, and it's hard catching up in volleyball.

Patrick needs to start recruiting better--and immediately--or the next AD should make a change. He's been here a long time, anyway. His recruiting has been bad for a more than a few years. UT spends a lot of money on athletics, takes it seriously, and the AD shouldn't tolerate coaches who can't get it done.

Last edited:
Coach Rob Patrick apparently blamed the defeat on youth AND a poltergeist. Said he after the loss: "“Something was always breaking our momentum and letting Mississippi State kind of pull away from us. It was always on our side of the net.” I went out on the court after the second set with a pixilated, ultraviolet ghost detector, hoping to find and catch the wraith messing with our team. I could not find it.

VN Store

Back