Andraya carter: In her own words

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Andraya Carter: In Her Own Words - University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site

hopefully this hasn't been posted before

As a child, I always had one dream: to be recruited by Pat Summitt and be a Lady Vol basketball player. Wearing an orange, white and accent blue jersey with the one and only TENNESSEE across the front has been an honor and a privilege that I will cherish forever.

I want to thank everyone who helped along the way, from family, friends, coaches, trainers, teammates and the countless individuals who provided their support. These past four years, I have grown up and learned so much about life while making incredible memories. I've made a few mistakes along the way, but I've definitely learned from them, and the transformation from who I was in 2012 to who I am today is one that I am proud of.

she is a class act

Reactions: 17 people
One thing that I have enjoyed about watching Andraya is her development from her first year to now in interviews. During her first interviews, she was nervous, messing with her hair, etc. (But even then giving credit to the others around her). Now, she is polished and seems to be confident on camera, while continuing the praising of the others around her. I guess my point is, as she has matured you can see that she is headed toward her adult professional life, but she remains the team player, with her eyes on the contributions of the others around her.

As someone else said, that is refreshing in this "me me me"day and age. Whatever she does from here on out, in a leadership role or not, I suspect she will retain that outlook--remembering that it takes more than one to be a team.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back