Early Pre-season Top 25!

I wouldn't put much stock in some Billy Joe Bob's from down the street top 25 list. This must be the largest "the sky is falling" fanbase in the country.

What is the purpose of a top 25 list (especially a pre-season top 25 list)? I cannot remember a year when there were 25 quality teams in WCBB. Most years, one can count the true competitors who demonstrate excellence on one hand. Is being ranked #25 in a national poll any more meaningful than a participation trophy? And what would be the value of ranking teams that have yet to play a single game? WCBB is not like professional sports where teams have the same roster year after year. College teams have major additions and subtractions every year, and those changes affect team chemistry and performance. Let's see how teams perform, gel, and mesh before evaluating them. Kallina's poll is meaningless.

Reactions: 2 people
What is the purpose of a top 25 list (especially a pre-season top 25 list)? I cannot remember a year when there were 25 quality teams in WCBB. Most years, one can count the true competitors who demonstrate excellence on one hand. Is being ranked #25 in a national poll any more meaningful than a participation trophy? And what would be the value of ranking teams that have yet to play a single game? WCBB is not like professional sports where teams have the same roster year after year. College teams have major additions and subtractions every year, and those changes affect team chemistry and performance. Let's see how teams perform, gel, and mesh before evaluating them. Kallina's poll is meaningless.

Totally agree Hoya Saxa..... WCBB is not 25 deep with good teams..... I think the "Top 10" is way more than enough to gauge the field.... and as for the poll itself.... we should be somewhere in Top 25 if you want to go that deep.....

and as for nthe poll's top tier..... UConn and Notre Dame are under ranked..... UC is down a bit of course without its Big 3, but you cannot say that putting Collier, Williams, Nurse, Samuelson, and Dangerfield (though she is frosh) is not topping LVille or Ohio State.... and maybe Baylor and SC as well.... Dawn has the horses, but she did last year also .... only to lose to Syracuse.....

and Notre Dame.... it has a great coach and wonderful players.... freshmen are untested, yes, but the frosh it has coming in.... supposedly better than several years... Jackie Young, and one other stud whose name escapes me now....

I need to check the odds on either of these teams vs the Marylands the Buckeyes and bears.... may be easy money.

Reactions: 1 person
so Syracuse was the National runner up and bring almost everyone back (except fondren and butler) and I am one of the biggest UConn haters there is but imo until someone beats them they are the number 1 team in the country. Stanford is also not ranked (yes they lost Lili Thompson but the pieces they have added makes them a top 25 team)

Let me guess...:whistling:, you also still think there were WMDs in Iraq!
I'm not really sure what WMD's in Iraq have to do with anything unless you are trying to say I'm one of the people that think everything is just fine with the program. I'm not. It just seems like there are people out there that will take the most obscure thing and freak out like it's gospel or something. It's almost as if they want something to be wrong so they can moan and groan about it. :thud:

This is by Kenny Kallina which mean it means nothing. He certainly does not like Tennessee and even though we may not end up a top 25 team we certainly have the team on paper that should be included. I think it would be fabulous if we were not ranked in any top 25 forecast and then we'll see if our team has any pride. We certainly have top ten talent if only we can play like that.

I'm not really sure what WMD's in Iraq have to do with anything unless you are trying to say I'm one of the people that think everything is just fine with the program. I'm not. It just seems like there are people out there that will take the most obscure thing and freak out like it's gospel or something. It's almost as if they want something to be wrong so they can moan and groan about it. :thud:
Sorry about being so late to respond. In my opinion, this is just the tip of the iceberg to moan and groan about!:thumbsup:

This is by Kenny Kallina which mean it means nothing. He certainly does not like Tennessee and even though we may not end up a top 25 team we certainly have the team on paper that should be included. I think it would be fabulous if we were not ranked in any top 25 forecast and then we'll see if our team has any pride. We certainly have top ten talent if only we can play like that.

It means something.

,,,By fool or by sage?

Four returning starters from an Elite 8 team. We are a top 15 team. We have Diamond.

Shine bright like a Diamond. Or Diamond is a Lady Vol's best friend. lol

Mane if she is efficient, with swag, and can get in opposing players heads, its on. Let's Go Mercedes and Nared.

VN Store

Back