Geno called out on Parker

I hate UCONN womens basketball. I liked Jim Calhoun so mens program I didn't have a problem. But as far as Candace being left off obviously had she not played for Pat she would be on this Olympic team. Yes I don't even think Candace would have to be an ex-Husky just being an ex Lady Vol counted her out. But I did find it respectfully professional for Geno to be at Pats celebration. He could have just offered a tweet of condolences like so many and stayed away. So props to him on that but shame on him for this decision to leave one of the best players on the planet off the roster.

Reactions: 3 people
New UConn or Geno thread over here weekly... or one that turns into a UConn bashing/Geno hating/ Fire Holly thread. Wouldn't it be more convenient to just have a mod sticky a thread for each? This way when one feels the urge they have a designated place to go.... kind of like time out but more positive. A thread for like minded individuals.

Reactions: 2 people
I hate UCONN womens basketball. I liked Jim Calhoun so mens program I didn't have a problem. But as far as Candace being left off obviously had she not played for Pat she would be on this Olympic team. Yes I don't even think Candace would have to be an ex-Husky just being an ex Lady Vol counted her out. But I did find it respectfully professional for Geno to be at Pats celebration. He could have just offered a tweet of condolences like so many and stayed away. So props to him on that but shame on him for this decision to leave one of the best players on the planet off the roster.

I believe, in the vernacular, that is called 'covering your butt'.

Reactions: 5 people
I hope the ladies USA teams loses. I can't stand that piece of crap

That's pretty pathetic. You are willing to see one of the best players ever to wear a Lady Vol uniform lose her chance at another gold medal just to satisfy your hatred of her coach? And apparently your hatred of Auriemma even exceeds any national pride in the women's team.

Reactions: 6 people
I'm a LV Fan but it's done. She's won twice. The ladies there deserve gold and I will
be rooting them on. Was this decision douchebag decision? Yes and that taints Genos tenure as Olympic coach. Frese cOuld coach to gold bUt it's how u do it. He placed an asterisk on his legacy by doing this we have nothing further to prove. Go USA!

How many former U Conn women on this team. You can't make me believe there is 12 women basketball players better than Candace Parker. :rock::good!:

Current WNBA stats
Bird - #1 assists
Taurasi - #6 scoring,#8 assists
Moore - #4 scoring,#7 assists
Charles - #1 scoring, #1 rebounds
Stewart - #5 scoring, #2 rebounds

Parker - #10 scoring, #10 rebounds, #2 assists

With that said, I don't see how anyone can argue that Parker doesn't have the basketball chops to be on this team. But basketball skills were not the reason she was not selected.

Reactions: 1 person
Current WNBA stats
Bird - #1 assists
Taurasi - #6 scoring,#8 assists
Moore - #4 scoring,#7 assists
Charles - #1 scoring, #1 rebounds
Stewart - #5 scoring, #2 rebounds

Parker - #10 scoring, #10 rebounds, #2 assists

With that said, I don't see how anyone can argue that Parker doesn't have the basketball chops to be on this team. But basketball skills were not the reason she was not selected.

#8 in steals and #11 in blocks too on a team with Nneka who is the leader for MVP.

Candace and Nneka should be there over Seimone, Breanna and Griner IMO. I would take January over Sue as well. Both are much better in the international game as well. Candace was the best player for years on UMMC even with Diana, Nolan, Gruda and many other big time players... She took time off to get and stay healthy and focus on WNBA and USA and provided much of the press and marketing appearances for USA prior to the bull****. You want to grow the game you better be putting the players who not only can conform to team demands but can simultaneously show otherworldly talent on one of the biggest stages for women. It's an incredibly huge missed opportunity.

And it's not just UConn players that make up almost half the team it is also the number of former players and staff members that making up the supporting unit... I believe 10 or 11 UConn ties are represented on the team.

It was nice of UConn to let the rest of America come along to their private party....
Leaving Candace home is like leaving John Wayne out of a John Ford western. You just don't do that.

Reactions: 3 people
That's pretty pathetic. You are willing to see one of the best players ever to wear a Lady Vol uniform lose her chance at another gold medal just to satisfy your hatred of her coach? And apparently your hatred of Auriemma even exceeds any national pride in the women's team.

Yep. I really dislike the guy and my national pride is pretty big. You're pathetic.

Ummm Pat Summit built and transformed women's basketball in general. She's not only a legend at UT, she's a legend in the women's game. Without her there is no WNBA or womens college basketball to this level it is today.
So him showing up does not mean $h!t. He owes her everything. GA is reaping the benefits of what PS built. He will never be able to repay her and it was a slap in the face to leave CP off the women't Olympic team so he should never be allowed to coach the team again.

:spank:

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 6 people
It was nice of UConn to let the rest of America come along to their private party....
Leaving Candace home is like leaving John Wayne out of a John Ford western. You just don't do that.

Ford westerns sans Wayne - :ermm:
Drums Along the Mohawk
My Darling Clementine
Wagon Master
Sergeant Rutledge
Two Rode Together
Cheyenne Autumn

Ford made 11 westerns with Wayne so apparently he did that in at least a third of the westerns he made.

Source IMD

Yep. I really dislike the guy and my national pride is pretty big. You're pathetic.

Great comeback. It must have taken hours to come up with that.

Ever wonder how Coach Summitt would feel about a supposed LadyVol fan that would root for Team USA to lose? :no:

VN Store

Back