Te'a cooper

Warlick seems to know very little about Cooper's supposed knee issue, which is very strange and more than a bit troubling. Her comments were completely vague--the usual nervous, response that we often get from Warlick. It seems that Cooper, or someone representing her, simply called the staff and told them that she has a knee problem and won't be playing this year. No specifics at all! Has Cooper been examined by a UT medical trainer? It doesn't sound like it, and of course that question was not asked of Warlick by the crack group of journalists who cover the team and covered the presser today. I get a strong sense something other than a knee issue might be up with Cooper--hope I'm wrong, but that's the sense that I get.

So now, with two regular guards not playing this year, we're looking at yet another difficult year. The team has no backcourt depth at all now--and will be relying on two players, Jackson and Middleton, who played very little last year. Not good.

Warlick seems to know very little about Cooper's supposed knee issue, which is very strange and more than a bit troubling. Her comments were completely vague--the usual nervous, response that we often get from Warlick. It seems that Cooper, or someone representing her, simply called the staff and told them that she has a knee problem and won't be playing this year. No specifics at all! Has Cooper been examined by a UT medical trainer? It doesn't sound like it, and of course that question was not asked of Warlick by the crack group of journalists who cover the team and covered the presser today. I get a strong sense something other than a knee issue might be up with Cooper--hope I'm wrong, but that's the sense that I get.

So now, with two regular guards not playing this year, we're looking at yet another difficult year. The team has no backcourt depth at all now--and will be relying on two players, Jackson and Middleton, who played very little last year. Not good.

Privacy laws can make discussing injuries very vague.

Reactions: 5 people
WTF is going on over there. Injuries are killing the Lady Vols every season it seems.

There is a science to working out players.

Too much too fast, it shocks the body and injuries mount.
Too little too long and no progress is made.

If you put summer programs in the hands of good, experienced coaches.!...This won't happen.

If you put summer programs in the hands of good, experienced coaches.!...This won't happen.

They have a very experienced strength coach and an excellent athletic training staff as well as medical staff.

Reactions: 1 person

I wonder if she will Redshirt this year? I also wonder if the injury isn't season ending but she will miss a substantial portion of it which is why they will hold her out and also if it is of their belief that they might miss out on both of the top guards (Hayes and Evans) in the 2017 class. If she does Reshirt she would return as a RS Sophomore when Middleton, Dunbar, Green, Nared, Russell & Diamond (if her and Russell don't leave early) would all be Seniors.

I wonder if she will Redshirt this year? I also wonder if the injury isn't season ending but she will miss a substantial portion of it which is why they will hold her out and also if it is of their belief that they might miss out on both of the top guards (Hayes and Evans) in the 2017 class. If she does Reshirt she would return as a RS Sophomore when Middleton, Dunbar, Green, Nared, Russell & Diamond (if her and Russell don't leave early) would all be Seniors.

What part of "miss the entire year" are you not understanding? Of course she will redshirt....

Reactions: 4 people
What part of "miss the entire year" are you not understanding? Of course she will redshirt....

I understood that I was saying if you read carefully, I wondered if initially it wasn't season ending and she could possibly return at some point (Kind of like Candace Parker could have her Freshman year but Pat held her out to have that extra year of eligibility) but was ask to "Redshirt" with the thought of not being able to land a top rated PG (Hayes and Evans are high priorities of ours but that don't mean we are high priorities of theirs) because it seems like we are looking good in terms of the Wings/Post recruits but haven't heard much about potential guards (mainly PG)

Were you thinking of anyone we might know ?

Reactions: 5 people
coach J to the rescue, coach J to the rescue....

coach J to the rescue, go big daddy go!

Reactions: 2 people

I share your feeling on this.Strange that Holly knew nothing about the injury other than it supposedly is a knee injury and she would be out all year.Be interesting to see if she is indeed on campus and going to class when fall semester begins .

Reactions: 1 person
I wonder if this is the same knee she injured last year, when she had to wear the big brace toward the end of the season. Could be her injury never healed properly, assuming she had surgery after the season. Or if she went non surgical and thought that it would heal over time with rest and aggravated the same injury or damaged it more.

I wonder if this is the same knee she injured last year, when she had to wear the big brace toward the end of the season. Could be her injury never healed properly, assuming she had surgery after the season. Or if she went non surgical and thought that it would heal over time with rest and aggravated the same injury or damaged it more.

her wearing a knee brace at end of last season--but if she was you may very well be right. I have trouble understanding how Warlick could be so in the dark about her injury. The coach gives a presser and announces that a starting guard is out for the year--and yet seems to have no information on the injury at all, apparently! Astounding. Not a good look, but then that's been the norm for this program for a while, I'm afraid.

Reactions: 2 people
her wearing a knee brace at end of last season--but if she was you may very well be right. I have trouble understanding how Warlick could be so in the dark about her injury. The coach gives a presser and announces that a starting guard is out for the year--and yet seems to have no information on the injury at all, apparently! Astounding. Not a good look, but then that's been the norm for this program for a while, I'm afraid.

How did she not have info? She said she had a hurt knee and would miss the season. She didn't go into great detail but some people don't bc of hippa and privacy issues.

Reactions: 7 people
I think the injury happened here at home during a pick up game. I'm not sure on that, just something I heard.

https://youtu.be/rFczJsvfM4c

I'm interested on how others interpret the interview portion where they asked about Cooper's injury......I'll save my comments for now.

From what I took from it is that they (Te'a & her reps) are contemplating her not returning to UT/possibly transferring. I don't want to get ahead of things but with the little information Holly claims to have (could she know more but just isn't saying more?) They (T'ea's & her reps) are taking a wait and see approach. I truly believe she came to play with Diamond and Andraya and with Draya hanging it up and Diamond possibly leaving next year and the lack of a Top recruiting class (and the doubts her and her dad may have of Holly's coaching ability) she might not think she can win here. Just my take, I hope I am wrong but as another person stated it will be interesting to see if she still enrolls this semester and is actually on campus

I tend to agree with the theory that she may not return to UT. From outside views, she and Diamond were a package deal and I am fairly certain Diamond will leave UT after this season. Her numbers may not have been great last season but she is very talented and if she can replicate or surpass her freshman year, it will be tough to keep her. Additionally, it doesn't sound as though Warlick is too clear on the situation. I hope I am wrong.

VN Store

Back