Draya

Very well written and it sounds like she is making a good decision. Par wrote in one of her books she didn't think what the LVs accomplished in their 4 years with her should be the pinnacle of their success in life. Draya has tremendous potential and hopefully serves as an good ambassador wherever she goes. She, Graves and Jones all took a gamble to stick with UT and while the program hasn't accomplished as much lately as we fans would hope, I am glad they came to UT.

Reactions: 3 people
Always a good decision to consider health before anything. I really enjoyed her play at Tennessee best of luck to her in all her future endeavors.

Andraya had a lot to write about and rightfully so.

Thanks Draya! I had not known about all your injuries you had to endure. I feel so guilt stricken for my silly comments about your playmaking at times.

Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 person
A long, long time ago I told a female player with knee problems that being able to climb steps carrying your grandchild when you're in your 50's is more important than playing a basketball game when you're 20. Andraya is making the correct decision it would seem.

"I have also committed to working with VFL Films as a color analyst and commentator for some of the broadcasts of Lady Vol games on SEC Network+." I look forward to her commentary.

Reactions: 4 people
Beautifully written. Her education, maturity, and love shines through her statement. She will be missed on the court, but there are great things ahead for her!

One of my favorite Lady Vols players - always knew if there was a loose ball around, she was going to come out with it or at least be on the floor after it.

I hate to see her go, but this is the correct decision for her. Her body will thank her in 20 years !

Thank you & good luck, Andraya! You've been handed a lot of crap to deal with, I think, and I wish only great things for you forever more.

I remember watching a video of Andraya speaking with the press after she had committed to Tennessee, but before she began playing. She was so enthusiastic and inspirational even then. As a player, I always felt confident when she came in the game. I hope she will come to be able to know how impressive a person she is. Go, Draya!!

Andraya,thank you for giving your all to the Lady Vols. We will miss you and wish you the very best. Your commitment to Tennessee's Lady Vols is commendable for all of us to see and hear.

Gonna miss her. She was a fantastic baller and I so enjoyed watching her play. Best wishes for her in managing and controlling the pain and getting healthy.

I'm going to miss her. She hustled as much as any player that I've seen in a long time. Good luck to her.

Thank you Andraya, you have made the correct decision for your situation. You may regret this at this moment, but when you reach your senior years, you will say this was the best thing for you to do. God Speed and Best Wishes.

Thanks, Draya.

Hopefully you will leave the S on your chest for someone else to wear. Pessimistically, I fear no one else will know on which side to wear it--thinking it stands for "Small".

Everything about her was great. She had a lot going on off the court for the betterment of mankind. She has a good heart and a cool snake. Everyone will miss her being in the line up. Thank you, Andraya.

Beautiful girl with a fabulous spirit....Take care of yourself kid. We will all miss you so very much.

Carter picked a bad time to quit, given Cooper's injury. We could really use any minutes she could have provided this year. Warlick's mojo is not good.

Carter picked a bad time to quit, given Cooper's injury. We could really use any minutes she could have provided this year. Warlick's mojo is not good.
Everything I read on this board all summer long pointed to the fact that she might be done. The selfish part of me wants her to continue to play. First of all because I loved watching her play(even though she has been crucified on this board) and secondly because we are most definitely going to need her now. We must not be selfish because we need another body, but allow this young lady step away without recriminations and the guilt of letting LV fans down.

Reactions: 7 people

She didn't quit.

This was decided about a month ago, but woth the Pat Summitt situation, she did not feel appropriate taking any attention from that to make her announcement in July.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back