Matching History: A Closer Look at the Sparks’ Incredible Run

A breakdown of the L.A. Sparks thus far this season. Good stuff...

Matching History: A Closer Look at the Sparks' Incredible Run - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA

GOSparks!

The break couldn't come at a more opportune time. They have been awful the past 2 games. They were the top defensive team for the first 18 games or so, but the defense has gotten atrocious. Against ATL and IND, the players were constantly out of position on defense, and I saw the perimeter players run the opposite direction a few times losing track of where the ball went and who they were supposed to be guarding.

Parker has also not been very impressive on defense. Smaller guards are driving on her whenever they want, and her post defense has been weak. I wonder if this is because of her ankle injury from a few weeks back? In any event, they can use the rest. They are not a deep team, and the core rotation has been logging heavy minutes.

Reactions: 1 person
The Sparks defense has looked awful. I was worried about them when they played Connecticut close. Then the two losses came. Yeah they're tired. The break will do them some good.

Nneka should be on the Olympic team. She's playing the best ball since her college days.

Amazing the best player in the WNBA this year isn't on the Olympic team, and I'm not talking about Parker (although she deserves it too)....

No one could have predicted the season that Nneka was going to have. Parker, on the other hand...

What? No mention of Nneke Ogumike's Top Plays?! A one handed jump in the air block on the Sky's Imani Boyette. Imani was left spinning around like what just happened? The two handed block on DeWanna Bonner who made a fail attempt on a layup because Nneke was there to say Not In My House!

Favorite player to watch right now is Nneke Ogumike. Candace is a game to game favorite player because she appears to be coasting and not playing her best ball at all times. She might be hurting from an earlier ankle sprain? Who knows still love her no one can replace her but she's on my Do Better List.

GOSparks!

What? No mention of Nneke Ogumike's Top Plays?! A one handed jump in the air block on the Sky's Imani Boyette. Imani was left spinning around like what just happened? The two handed block on DeWanna Bonner who made a fail attempt on a layup because Nneke was there to say Not In My House!

Favorite player to watch right now is Nneke Ogumike. Candace is a game to game favorite player because she appears to be coasting and not playing her best ball at all times. She might be hurting from an earlier ankle sprain? Who knows still love her no one can replace her but she's on my Do Better List.

GOSparks!

Nneka has had some nasty blocks, made more impressive that she's only 6'2. Considering most required her to jump and go after the ball, her timing has been amazing. She's not as versatile a player as Parker, but right now she has been a much better post player. She's been unreal this season.

GOSparks!

Watching Nneka is a glimpse of the player Anosike should have been in college playing alongside Parker, but unfortunately her offensive game just never developed.

Yes, Catchings made Candace look silly the other night....

VN Store

Back