ESPN Memorial to Pat Summitt

teacherdean

I hope that everyone had a chance to see ESPN's memorial to Pat Summitt. It was a fitting memorial to a great Christian, a great person, a great child, a great sibling, a great mother and last but not least, a great coach. No matter how many games or championships any othe coach, or coaches, win they will never reach Pat's level. In women's basketball she stands alone at the top of the Summit. We will miss Pat, for she was taken from us far too soon.

Reactions: 9 people
Just seeing this gave me chills, I just lost it

Attachments

• 20160714_191529.jpg
    20160714_191529.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: 9 people
What a lovely, appropriate "Celebration of Life" for Pat. Mr. Peach and myself shed a few tears..

RIP Coach... RIP

Reactions: 2 people
It was very nicely done....I lost it after they had the video of Candace, Holly, Nikki, and Shelly telling them what Pat meant

Reactions: 3 people
I wish I had something poetic or worthy to say.
The truth is that I have been watching it on DVR in increments.
My family tried to watch it in its entirety but we all just needed breaks. I'm sure everyone here understands.

My son is only 9 and never had the opportunity to enjoy what so many of us took for granted. After we finally managed to make it through the special, he simply asked if he could have a 'we back Pat' shirt.
Because he's "never seen someone so awesome". Nothing left to say but "me either".

I wish I had something poetic or worthy to say.
The truth is that I have been watching it on DVR in increments.
My family tried to watch it in its entirety but we all just needed breaks. I'm sure everyone here understands.

My son is only 9 and never had the opportunity to enjoy what so many of us took for granted. After we finally managed to make it through the special, he simply asked if he could have a 'we back Pat' shirt.
Because he's "never seen someone so awesome". Nothing left to say but "me either".
God love him. She was a once in a lifetime kind of person. I pray your nine year old will see one emerge in his.

Is it gonna be on again or maybe on demand i missed it

I saw it listed somewhere to be replayed....Just put in Pat Summit in your search section, it will pop up...

Like all of you guys, I lost it several times...Our whole section was sniffling....It was draining and wonderful...And yes, guys, we have all lost a dear, dear, friend.

Reactions: 1 person
You can re watch it on utsports. And gosh did I shed lots of tears. That video of of Holly and other players. Geez. And Peyton and "there goes my friend". I'm crying just typing this.

Reactions: 1 person
I may be wrong, but I felt when Holly held up the Lady Vol towel. It was like a dig at the university over the whole Lady Vol name change.

Reactions: 8 people
I thought Robin Roberts did a masterful job. She was so poignant and loving in her memory of coach Summitt. Peyton Manning gave a heartfelt speech.

It was a beautiful ceremony. I loved seeing past LVs. Cierra, Ariel, Izzy, Vickie, Candace, Alexa, Tamika, and so many others. The sadness on their faces......

It is coach Summitt that is the reason why I remain a fan to this day.

Thank you Pat. R.I.P.

I may be wrong, but I felt when Holly held up the Lady Vol towel. It was like a dig at the university over the whole Lady Vol name change.

Maybe a dig at Cheek & Hart, but not the University. You should be clear from the ceremony, if not how Pat led her life, that the University was always foremost in her mind. The Lady Vols brand was her brand and was a sub-brand of the overall University. It never brought shame to UT and always represented the University well. I don't know why you'd think displaying the Lady Vols logo at Pat's memorial ceremony would be a "dig". It was precious to her and the represented decades of her work.

Reactions: 4 people
If you missed it live, the celebration of life tribute can be viewed at Celebration of Life Live Stream - University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site.

“Revere” is a verb rarely used in appropriate fashion today to convey the high regard with which a person is viewed by his or her peers, but this honoring ceremony clearly communicated the exalted status achieved by Pat, particularly in the eyes of her fellow Tennesseans.

We cannot allow Pat's dream to die, we must bring our Lady Vol program back to what it use to be. It would be so sad of us to allow this program to go up in flames. It is the Mount Everest of women's basketball and the Lady Vol Flag must always fly strong and proud on its peak as a sign of the game that Pat reinvented. Long live Lady Vol Basketball and long live the memory of Pat Summitt.

VN Store

Back