Lady Vol Schedule?

SoDak_LV_Fan

Any word on when the schedule will come out? I know it's around this time or early August when it's traditionally released. I'm looking at driving down for a game and was thinking if I came in November I could hit up a football and women's bball game.

Only game I know for sure is from Baylor's "whopping" schedule that we play them Dec 4th.

Here are some games I know we are playing. Not sure of dates and times, but each school will have a release if you want to look them up. Some may have not been officially announced, but that is what I have read so far.

Stanford
Baylor
Duke
Notre Dame
Texas
JMU
ETSU
PSU

James Madison - Friday, November 11th (away)

ETSU - Tuesday, November 15th (away)

Penn State - Sunday, November 20th (away)

Baylor - Sunday, December 4th (home)

Notre Dame & Stanford are both home games.

Texas is away.

Duke hasn't been announced either way, as this is the first game of the series.

Any word on when the schedule will come out? I know it's around this time or early August when it's traditionally released. I'm looking at driving down for a game and was thinking if I came in November I could hit up a football and women's bball game.

Only game I know for sure is from Baylor's "whopping" schedule that we play them Dec 4th.

Schedule came out on August 20th last year, so I would look for it around then.

Here are some games I know we are playing. Not sure of dates and times, but each school will have a release if you want to look them up. Some may have not been officially announced, but that is what I have read so far.

Stanford
Baylor
Duke
Notre Dame
Texas
JMU
ETSU
PSU

No dog fight with Chattanooga this year? That's a good thing, I guess.

aren't they usually early in the year ? Chattanooga that is

there a pretty good team

UTC may be on the schedule, but they haven't released their schedule yet, and neither have we so it's speculation at this point.

The listed teams have either released their schedules already or are in current contracts with Tennessee.

MTSU is another team that might be back on the schedule.

It is good to see Holly is scheduling a lot of instate games, the state of Tennessee has a lot of talent in the '17 and '18 classes. It'll be good for instate recruits to see the Lady Vols live and in action. Although, we still need to recruit the state of Georgia hard. Will UT Chattanooga be home or away?

Props to Texas for their OOC schedule! 6 of their 11 games are against sweet 16 teams from last year. Baylor needs to take note of this. And they wonder why they lose in an elite 8 with only 1 or 2 loses on the season.

Texas will be good next year. I bet they are licking their chops at the prospect of playing UConn without the 3 departed seniors.

James Madison - Friday, November 11th (away)

ETSU - Tuesday, November 15th (away)

Penn State - Sunday, November 20th (away)

Baylor - Sunday, December 4th (home)

JMU has a player I coached when she was 16, Savannah Felgemacher... Wish it was here though...sigh.

2016-17 Non-Conference Schedule

Nov. 6 - Carson-Newman (Exhibition)
Nov. 11 - at James Madison
Nov. 13 - Navy
Nov. 15 - at ETSU
Nov. 20 - at Penn State
Nov. 27 - at Virginia Tech
Nov. 30 - Tennessee State
Dec. 4 - Baylor (SEC/Big 12 Challenge)
Dec. 11 - at Texas
Dec. 14 - Appalachian State
Dec. 18 - Stanford
Dec. 21 - Troy
Dec. 29 - UNC Wilmington
Jan. 16 - Notre Dame

You must be mistaken, our "insiders" don't give wrong information.

Recruiting is in great shape btw....

Duke cancelled the game for this year in the wake of their struggles last year. We will see if the series ever comes to fruition, but UT has not asked for the buyout specified in the contract as of yet since we were able to replace the game.

In the sports world, things change frequently. What is the correct information today may not be the correct information next week. There are three opponents that I can think of off hand that were once tentatively on the schedule for this season that aren't on the final release.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Like when Holly is in "great shape" with a recruit who commits somewhere else the next day?

I've never made a post on here about recruiting, so I have no idea on that.

Of course, every recruiting reporter and "insider" in the area thought Tee Higgins was committing to Tennessee football on July 4th until he actually announced for Clemson instead so maybe that's not a great example.

Last edited:
Non Conference schedule need to go 11 and 2. Anything below 10 and 3 will be a disappointing result. We should win the game I missed.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back