Parker's Late Game Efforts Lead to Sparks Victory

Not good enough to make the Olympic team, :(

Ironic that 2 of the 4 frontrunners for league MVP were not "good enough" to make the USOT.

Yet Phoenix, with their two Olympians, can't beat Dallas.

Ironic that 2 of the 4 frontrunners for league MVP were not "good enough" to make the USOT.

Yet Phoenix, with their two Olympians, can't beat Dallas.

Ain't that the truth! Taurasi, Griner and Taylor (Aussie Olympian) lost to Dallas 3 times this season.

Not good enough to make the Olympic team, :(

My money is on Candace getting her first WNBA ring. The Rio Olympics are in shambles environmentally speaking, so Geno did Candace a favor.

I'm going to watch the games only because of Tamika Catchings last go round on the team.

My money is on Candace getting her first WNBA ring. The Rio Olympics are in shambles environmentally speaking, so Geno did Candace a favor.

I'm going to watch the games only because of Tamika Catchings last go round on the team.

If I was a betting man, I would put money down on Catchings withdrawing. She just got married, and they did a big segment on her here in Indy on the news, and she talked about having kids and building her family after her last wnba season. I think with it being July, it's safe to say she is going to Rio. I'm surprised, and I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision for her to make. Prayers that she stays safe and protected.

If I was a betting man, I would put money down on Catchings withdrawing. She just got married, and they did a big segment on her here in Indy on the news, and she talked about having kids and building her family after her last wnba season. I think with it being July, it's safe to say she is going to Rio. I'm surprised, and I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision for her to make. Prayers that she stays safe and protected.

The Olympic committee and all who are responsible for the athletes are wrong for not letting them choose if they would like to attend the Rio games or not. Better yet just cancel it.

I guess there is big money involved so there's that. The games must go on (sarcasm).

Tamika shouldn't go for health/safety reasons and in honor of coach Summitt and Candace Parker. :rock:

I propose that in the future, instead of picking the national team prior to the start of the WNBA season, the team should be picked one week before the games and consist of the top 4 rebounders and 8 top scorers in the league at that time.

Reactions: 1 person
I propose that in the future, instead of picking the national team prior to the start of the WNBA season, the team should be picked one week before the games and consist of the top 4 rebounders and 8 top scorers in the league at that time.

I propose that in the future, the coach and assistant coach of the National Team shouldn't load the team up with their favorite pets from their past/current players of the college and/or pro teams that they coach and should instead pick the best players.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people

Poor Minnesota. The only reason they lost to the Connecticut Sun was because they were down to only 3 Olympians :(

I propose that in the future, the coach and assistant coach of the National Team shouldn't load the team up with their favorite pets from their past/current players of the college and/or pro teams that they coach and should instead pick the best players.

In the first place the head coach and assistants didn't pick their squad as much as you would like that to be true. Second, I have been reading endless posts about how a certain player's stats this year clearly show that she deserves to be on the national team. Using scoring and rebounding as I facetiously suggested, five UConn players would be on the team. And if we were to add in the assist leader the number would be 6. And using stats to pick the team, while adding Parker, would also drop Catchings, something that I wouldn't want to see.

So maybe the rule should be that no more than 2 players from any one college can play on any single Olympic team? Isn't that really the only thing that would make some people happy? :whistling:

Last edited:
In the first place the head coach and assistants didn't pick their squad as much as you would like that to be true.

How cute! You actually believe that's true.

Yes, Geno had nothing to do with Ashja and Swin making the 2012 team.:crazy:

Reactions: 9 people
How cute! You actually believe that's true.

Yes, Geno had nothing to do with Ashja and Swin making the 2012 team.:crazy:

Gee, I thought we were talking about 2016. Charles, Moore, Taurasi, Stewart and Bird don't need Geno's help to be on the team. I'm not sure how the team was picked in 2012. I keep reading posts saying that Cash had no business on that team. Cash is a multi-year all-star (twice named MVP of the All-star game) and was named to the ESPN list of the top 20 all-time WNBA players. Case closed. Saying she was on the team only because she played for Geno silly. And Jones was picked last minute when Griner was hurt and Fowles was playing injured. She knew Geno's system and unlike some primadonnas wouldn't sulk on the bench because she wasn't getting big minutes. Who would you have named instead of Jones?

The 2016 team was selected on a vote by a committee despite what you think. Of course the coach gives the committee his preferences but the fact remains that he didn't vote. From what Parker said she was told, 2 members of the committee voted her on the team and 3 didn't. You think Geno didn't want Parker on the team but you never say why. I am still waiting for an answer to that. Parker made it clear she thought it was because she dunked on UConn in 2006? I have a lot of trouble believing that crap.

Personally I think the coach should pick their team. This is about winning gold. If the coach (or a committee) feels a player could be bad for team chemistry then they have the right to keep them off. And if the USA committee thinks the coach is being vindictive and petty then they should remove the coach. In any case this certainly will be Geno's last stint as national team coach so you can look forward to seeing all those undeserving UConn grads not playing any more. :angel:

Gee, I thought we were talking about 2016. Charles, Moore, Taurasi, Stewart and Bird don't need Geno's help to be on the team. I'm not sure how the team was picked in 2012. I keep reading posts saying that Cash had no business on that team. Cash is a multi-year all-star (twice named MVP of the All-star game) and was named to the ESPN list of the top 20 all-time WNBA players. Case closed. Saying she was on the team only because she played for Geno silly. And Jones was picked last minute when Griner was hurt and Fowles was playing injured. She knew Geno's system and unlike some primadonnas wouldn't sulk on the bench because she wasn't getting big minutes. Who would you have named instead of Jones?

The 2016 team was selected on a vote by a committee despite what you think. Of course the coach gives the committee his preferences but the fact remains that he didn't vote. From what Parker said she was told, 2 members of the committee voted her on the team and 3 didn't. You think Geno didn't want Parker on the team but you never say why. I am still waiting for an answer to that. Parker made it clear she thought it was because she dunked on UConn in 2006? I have a lot of trouble believing that crap.

Personally I think the coach should pick their team. This is about winning gold. If the coach (or a committee) feels a player could be bad for team chemistry then they have the right to keep them off. And if the USA committee thinks the coach is being vindictive and petty then they should remove the coach. In any case this certainly will be Geno's last stint as national team coach so you can look forward to seeing all those undeserving UConn grads not playing any more. :angel:

There is something wrong with you, seriously. First of all, you keep coming to this board. Why are you here? No one cares what you have to say. Secondly, you say that Candace made it clear that she thinks Geno left her off the team because she dunked on UConn. Why is that...because she posted the video? If that's how your logic works, I feel really sad for you. That explains the rest of your nonsense post.

I'm clearly wasting my time arguing back and forth with someone who clearly cannot put together a logical argument...:crazy:

Reactions: 5 people
... Secondly, you say that Candace made it clear that she thinks Geno left her off the team because she dunked on UConn. Why is that...because she posted the video? If that's how your logic works, I feel really sad for you. That explains the rest of your nonsense post.

I'm clearly wasting my time arguing back and forth with someone who clearly cannot put together a logical argument...:crazy:

At least I present evidence of what I claim. Parker's posting of an 8+ year-old video clip right after she was left of the team is a lot more evidence of her animosity towards Geno than anything you have ever presented to support your contention that Geno dislikes Parker. I've asked you that question more than once and the fact that you ignore it says a lot about the baselessness of your assumption. So where is your logic?

We've gone back and forth on this too long. You seem to believe that:
a) Geno dislikes Parker to the extent that despite putting her on the 2012 team he used his influence with the committee to keep her off the 2016 team

b) Geno also used his influence to put Moore, Taurasi, Charles, Bird and Stewart on the team when at least some of them have no business being on the team.

c) that your theory needs no evidence other than your belief that it is as you say.

Maybe we should just let it go and agree to disagree?

If you actually think 3 of the 5 members of the committee voted her off the team, you're extremely naive.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back