538 Sports article on Pat + Lady Vols

11 to 8....that's all that really matters at this point. I'm hoping Holly can increase our tally soon! Being of the younger demographic here, all I can think about is the present. I'm ready to catch up in the NC aspect of things! Seeing all the love Pat and the Lady Vol fam has been receiving gets me pumped up to start making some noise for Pat and the Lady Vol tradition. It awakened Candace and I hope it awakens Lady Vol nation. It's time to play for Pat, and all she's built,at another level.

We've been playing mediocre basketball these past few years, a lot due to injury to key players, at inopportune times I-M-O, now it's time to get back to Lady Vol CHAMPIONSHIP basketball. I'm hoping Holly and Co can work with a fully healthy team this year and thrust us back into the NC spotlight.

After all we've been through these years, having to watch a living legend go through what she did and to see her life finally come full circle, I feel like Lady Vol nation deserves a return to the glory days. I hope Pat's energy permeates through TBA for years to come and helps reinergize our beloved LadyVols!!! I'm wondering if we'll have a record breaking season in TBA this year. Despite our record last year, it was a record breaking season for attendance.....I'm hoping we can do even better this year!!!

Go Lady Vols!!!
*Can yall tell, I'm a little excited for next season* lol :)

Reactions: 2 people
I think you missed the point of the article. It's not about UT vs Con. In fact, it's showing that even the Lady Vols of the CP years weren't as impressive as the Lady Vols of the 90's. The point is the attention that wbb drew was at its high point in the 90's, and that is when the biggest growth spurt of wbb in general occurred. And they're crediting that to Pat Summitt.

As far as what we deserve, I think Pat Summitt's fate shows that you shouldn't expect to just be handed what you deserve. The greatest people get smacked with some awful stuff - there is no "fair" or "get what you deserve" in this world. If you want record breaking attendance, get at it - attend games!

(Did we have record-breaking attendance last year? What record?)

I think you missed the point of the article. It's not about UT vs Con. In fact, it's showing that even the Lady Vols of the CP years weren't as impressive as the Lady Vols of the 90's. The point is the attention that wbb drew was at its high point in the 90's, and that is when the biggest growth spurt of wbb in general occurred. And they're crediting that to Pat Summitt.

As far as what we deserve, I think Pat Summitt's fate shows that you shouldn't expect to just be handed what you deserve. The greatest people get smacked with some awful stuff - there is no "fair" or "get what you deserve" in this world. If you want record breaking attendance, get at it - attend games!

I didn't miss the point of the article. In the article it compared UT and UCONN and that's what I drew my point off of. The only thing that matters to me regarding numbers are the NCs. All the other numbers do not stand out to me....I'm sorry.

Also I misspoke, the attendance record was broken for WCB as a whole, not for UT, I read the article wrong.

Also I misspoke, the attendance record was broken for WCB as a whole, not for UT, I read the article wrong.

Gotcha - that's a good thing

I guess you & I are showing what a big difference there is in how old fans like me and younger fans like you experienced Pat Summitt. Kinda like the difference in how people who had never heard rock and roll experienced the Beatles compared to how your generation experiences them. Both enjoyed them, but to one group, the whole genre was brand new.

Reactions: 1 person
We'll get back on the national championship track when we get a smart, dynamic staff--and not until then.

We'll get back on the national championship track when we get a smart, dynamic staff--and not until then.

This season will tell me all I need to know. If they dedicate this season to Pat's memory, and still under perform, they always will.

Personally, I believe the next 3 women's national titles won by Tennessee will be won in sports other than basketball.

VN Store

Back