Uconn Tranfer

Courtney Ekmark is transferring from UConn Arizona State

I had feeling Courntey Ekmark wasn't going to last at UConn. She might have only 1 year left of eligibility because I believe she's a junior.

Good for her that she seen the writing on the wall. Better late than a benchwarmer high fivin' cheerleader for the Huskies.

Thanks for posting sisaq!:)

Reactions: 3 people
Well, general news about NCAA women's BB doesn't fare so well on the Around the NCAA forum.

Makes sense that if you'd like to know about your opponents, it would be posted here.

Reactions: 7 people
I had feeling Courntey Ekmark wasn't going to last at UConn. She might have only 1 year left of eligibility because I believe she's a junior.

Good for her that she seen the writing on the wall. Better late than a benchwarmer high fivin' cheerleader for the Huskies.

She was supposed to be the hot shooting perimeter threat in her class. I think she was ranked right around the same as Middleton.

She was supposed to be the hot shooting perimeter threat in her class. I think she was ranked right around the same as Middleton.

Geno recruits role players that cheer from the bench. He knew Courtney was going to play that role when he recruited her. The only problem was that Courtney didn't know.

He said all the right things to lure her from Arizona to Connecticut. He is known to play consistently 7 players that get the bulk of the minutes. That's his system and it works. Those 7 Huskies are conditioned to play with each other as a well oiled machine. That is what separates Geno from the rest of the coaches in the nation. Other than the 7 players that get significant court time the rest of the players are for insurance only(Injuries to any of the 7).

Speaking of hot shooting? Holly said the same thing about one certain Lady Vol upon recruitment. But I digress. No need to start a hijacking flame war. This thread is all about C.E. and Geno. :crazy:

Reactions: 2 people

Ur welcome. I heard someone said who cares,, some fans doesn't kn how to respect other fans,, unless information come from them.Again, informations are posted for all not one person. If u don't like it move over some will do.

Reactions: 5 people
Ur welcome. I heard someone said who cares,, some fans doesn't kn how to respect other fans,, unless information come from them.Again, informations are posted for all not one person. If u don't like it move over some will do.

Glad you are a Lady Vol fan but, PLEASE work on writing proper English!

Reactions: 4 people
Ekmark is a rising junior. After sitting out a season she will still have 2 years of eligibility.

UConn had nine players who averaged double digit minutes in 2015/16. Minutes are spread out pretty well except for "big" games, where a very short bench is used.

Ekmark was too slow-footed to guard top backcourt players and too small to play in the paint. She was a wing who had Samuelson, Collier & Williams ahead of her last year and with Stevens and Camara playing in her senior year she saw the writing on the wall and transferred to ASU.

Glad you are a Lady Vol fan but, PLEASE work on writing proper English!
It seems as if he was writing on a phone, which is more difficult than writing on a computer (because of the autocorrect function, the small screen that makes editing difficult, and the use of one's thumbs to type). It seems more fruitful to critique one's content rather than one's grammar. As long as his intent is clear, typos and other grammatical issues seem less important.

Reactions: 4 people
It seems as if he was writing on a phone, which is more difficult than writing on a computer (because of the autocorrect function, the small screen that makes editing difficult, and the use of one's thumbs to type). It seems more fruitful to critique one's content rather than one's grammar. As long as his intent is clear, typos and other grammatical issues seem less important.

Or you could proof read your text before being in such a hurry to tell your side. You don't look near as stupid. Just sayin.

Or you could proof read your text before being in such a hurry to tell your side. You don't look near as stupid. Just sayin.
Treating fellow posters with respect is pretty important as well. No one likes when they feel they are being attacked on message boards. Not all posters take the same care in posting information, but that usually doesn't make the information any less interesting or clear.

Reactions: 6 people

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Thank you!! like you said, every thing I type in here is from my phone and is hard to type and check especially when am doing it from work. Thing is you can not fight ignorant ppl just ignore them. Grammar or no grammar, pay attention to the information being related. The way I write while in skol playing ball will never be the same way I write here or text. God bless.
I wouldn't call them ignorant, as it seems fruitless to ask someone to be more tolerant when you lack tolerance for their comments/views. They were probably just annoyed because they might fear it makes Lady Vol fans look less educated to visitors. But typing on a phone is a pain in the butt. I would rather have to deal with typos and get the information faster than wait until someone can get to a computer to type it nicely. So thanks for the timely information (although I had already heard about it from Raoul's twitter.) (@Raoul_000).

VN Store

Back