Classic games

VOL720

Games are being shown on ESPNU and ESPN Classic of the Lady Vols all today leading until the morning I think. I'm watching the 2005 SEC Championship between the Lady Vols and LSU. What a game that was!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Watching the 1998 game right now...that team was absolutely electric. The first half might be the most up and down women's game I've ever seen. Tennessee FLEW up and down the court. Both UT and LaTech were insanely athletic. Catchings and Holdsclaw looked faster in 98 than they did in the pros and Randall was may have been the quickest of the 3 Miques.

They had probably the most overwhelming full court press of any team in WCBB history and the best offensive system of any Tennessee team. Compared to today's standards, they were a small team size wise and I think they'd have a hard time matching up with the likes of Griner from 2012 Baylor, but 1998 UT was built unlike any other top rate championship team in that they have 4 starters as capable ball handlers who could lead the break, three players who were arguably the top 3 open court/fast break players in the country, and the nation's 2 best players who could take you off the dribble, beat you from the perimeter and beat you in the post.

Not to mention 1998 was Tennessee's most athletic team ever and likely Pat's hardest working team. That team really did have magic in its blood. Fun watching Pat's program in its peak.

Also fun tonight watching Parker put up 31/13/7 and lead her team back from being down 22. The Sparks, with no Olympians on USA's roster, are now 14-1 which ties the record for best start in WNBA history with the 1998 Comets. Congrats to her for another outstanding performance.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back