Read All About The Undefeated - Lynx v Sparks

It baffles me that the Lynx have 4 Olympians on their team.

Helps when your coach is the assistant coach of the Olympic Team.

Somehow, they think Seimone Augustus is more deserving than Candace Parker :crazy:

LA has the better starting five, but Minnesota is crazy deep. Must be nice to have Perkins, Montgomery, Howard and McCarville sitting on the bench ready to sub-in.

The Lynx won but The Sparks made a true believer out of me.

Essence Carson made one silly play towards the end. She was supposed to be guarding Renee Montgomery, Essence was nowhere near Renee when she hit the game winning 3pt shot. Game over.

Nice try by Candace and Kristi in the waning seconds to win.

Great game!

Another try for the Sparks at Minnesota this Friday. Good luck to the Sparks!

Essence Carson made one silly play towards the end. She was supposed to be guarding Renee Montgomery, Essence was nowhere near Renee when she hit the game winning 3pt shot. Game over.

Nice try by Candace and Kristi in the waning seconds to win.

Great game!

Another try for the Sparks at Minnesota this Friday. Good luck to the Sparks!

Can't really fault Essence on that. Montgomery was 1-6 from deep. She was hedging on the Minnesota post players that were killing the Sparks on offense and defense, and Montgomery made a big time play.

It was an interesting game given the stars (Fowles, Moore, Whalen and Augustus for Minny; Parker, Ogwumike for LA) were relatively quiet. Game ball should go to Rebekkah Brunson and Minnesota's bench. They were just too much to handle.

I doubt the stars will be quiet in the rematch, so it will be interesting to see how that plays out. LA needs to do a better job on the glass this time.

I had the opposite reaction. IMO the game was only close because it was in LA. The Sparks are good, but the Lynx are absolutely loaded. I'm not expecting the rematch to be as close, but I hope I'm wrong...

Reactions: 3 people
I recorded the game and re-watched part of it yesterday. Second viewing sure does let you see where and how mistakes were made. CP had a very very very poor game.

I continue to be perplexed as to why she stayed out on the perimeter while Big Syl was having herself a field day? Parker is the only big LA had who could taken Sylvia out of the offense. Makes me think about Mercedes Russell doing the same thing last year and how we all *****ed at her.

Reactions: 1 person
I recorded the game and re-watched part of it yesterday. Second viewing sure does let you see where and how mistakes were made. CP had a very very very poor game.

I continue to be perplexed as to why she stayed out on the perimeter while Big Syl was having herself a field day? Parker is the only big LA had who could taken Sylvia out of the offense. Makes me think about Mercedes Russell doing the same thing last year and how we all *****ed at her.

Sylvia herself only had 6-7 points in the game.

Whenever Parker caught the ball in the paint, she got swarmed by a combination of Sylvia, Brunson and Howard. The only way she was going to get points was to hit a few jumpers so she could take her defender 1-on-1. Unfortunately, it didn't happen.

Game is starting. I expect the Lynx to win. Hope it's not a blowout.

Looks like it was a blowout, but in favor of the Sparks...94-76. Toliver came up huge with 25 pts and 7 3's. Ogwumike with 20 and 9, Parker with 14 and 9. Lavender with 10 pts off the bench. Maya Moore led all scorers with 28 points. Jia Perkins was the only other Lynx in double figures with 13 points.

Moore got ridiculously hot in the 3rd quarter and drained 5 3s almost all in a row. Unfortunately for Minny, Kristi Toliver responded with a three of her own each time down.

Candace was a no show for about 35 minutes of the game, but then made 3-4 big plays in a row and scored 10 points when Minnesota was making a run.

The big differences in this game compared to the first was that LA's bench kept pace with Minny's and the Sparks rebounded much better and mostly kept Brunson, Fowles, McCarville and Howard in check.

Nice job, LA and it was good to see Parker step up when her team needed her in the 4th quarter.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Sparks were awesome beating the Lynx by 19. CP didn't really show out until the 4th quarter and ended up with a double double. CP just has a second gear that is simply outstanding when she wants to take over a game. I saw her out jump Fowles several times in the second half. PC did well but it was a total team effort.

I am still amazed how anyone can leave CP off of an Olympic team, it is simply insane.

Sparks were awesome beating the Lynx by 19. CP didn't really show out until the 4th quarter and ended up with a double double. CP just has a second gear that is simply outstanding when she wants to take over a game. I saw her out jump Fowles several times in the second half. PC did well but it was a total team effort.

I am still amazed how anyone can leave CP off of an Olympic team, it is simply insane.

Lynx were manhandling Parker and Ogwumike inside, but they muscled through it. They were miles better than they were in the first game.

Indiana was stupid to give up Natasha Howard. She is going to be a very, very good player.

Graves has not gotten off the bench during the last two games. Is she injured? Through 13 games this season, she has played a grand total of 17 minutes. Is there an issue with her health?

Can't really fault Essence on that. Montgomery was 1-6 from deep. She was hedging on the Minnesota post players that were killing the Sparks on offense and defense, and Montgomery made a big time play.

It was an interesting game given the stars (Fowles, Moore, Whalen and Augustus for Minny; Parker, Ogwumike for LA) were relatively quiet. Game ball should go to Rebekkah Brunson and Minnesota's bench. They were just too much to handle.

I doubt the stars will be quiet in the rematch, so it will be interesting to see how that plays out. LA needs to do a better job on the glass this time.

All I can go by is the boxscore and recap. And it's all good. Renee didn't do any damage last night and that goes for the rest of the Lynx besides Maya Moore.

The wnba is doing themselves a disservice by not broadcasting more games on t.v. That league pass is just another money grubber and most folks including myself will not shell out more money to watch the games.

Anyways, I'm a believer now! Candace wants that ring something bad and so does her teammates. They have a very good coach in Brian Agler who knows how to win and get his players to succeed.

I want nothing more for Candace to win a WNBA Championship especially after her snub with the USA team.

Thanks for your recap, too!

In the game at Minnesota, it was the hot 3pt shooting of the Sparks 11-19 with 4 players hitting 3's versus the Lynx with only Maya Moore converting on 6 3 pointers. Final tally 6-20.

The Lynx outrebounded The Sparks 28-25.

That's the game right there! L.A. kept pace on the boards but blew away Minnesota beyond the arc.

I might add Nneke Ogumike came to play with 20 pts and 9 rebounds. Good for her and The L.A. Sparks!

And good for me, too, because I'm happy for Candace!

GOSparks!

Never thought I would say it but Toliver had turned into at least one of the top three point guards in the league. She might be the best. In the first game at LA Candace had a horrible game 3 for 13 and Ogumike was in foul trouble and ineffective. This is the best two teams in the league and one will be the WNBA Champion. Big win for the Sparks 94 to 76.

Graves has not gotten off the bench during the last two games. Is she injured? Through 13 games this season, she has played a grand total of 17 minutes. Is there an issue with her health?

She's got Natasha Howard and Janel McCarville coming of the bench ahead of her in the rotation. And they are both very, very, good.

Minny should trade her. She's just going to rot on their bench.

It's a shame that these games aren't televised on a national network. Especially considering these are the two best teams in the league. The first game between the two, both teams were undefeated....that one should have been on TV somehow, someway.

The wnba is doing themselves a disservice by not broadcasting more games on t.v. That league pass is just another money grubber and most folks including myself will not shell out more money to watch the games.

Probably not the WNBA's decision. If they had their way, I'm sure all of the games would be broadcast. In reality, I doubt there is enough interest from any of the networks to broadcast more games. The paltry viewership just isn't worth it for them.

For me, the price of the league pass is pretty cheap for watching 4 months of games. It's leagues cheaper than the NBA package, so I can't really complain.

It's a shame that these games aren't televised on a national network. Especially considering these are the two best teams in the league. The first game between the two, both teams were undefeated....that one should have been on TV somehow, someway.

When (if?) there are enough fans where a WNBA game between two unbeaten teams is an attractive program for networks and advertisers, then it will happen. Until then, they will continue to get their pre-chosen games on ESPN and then whatever NBATV chooses to air.

Game is starting. I expect the Lynx to win. Hope it's not a blowout.

Beyond THRILLED to have been mistaken! So glad the USA Olympians were beaten by the players the USA Basketball committee shunned - like Neka, Alana, Christy, and Candace.

The Sparks have 3 players that should be playing in rio this year (Nneka, Toliver & Parker). Toliver is better than sue bird & Whalen.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back