Candace Parker posts 24 pts and 11 rbs v The Phoenix Mercury

T.J.

Reactions: 7 people
Mark your calendars The Lynx v The Sparks on NBA TV 6/21/16 check your local listings. I believe it's an early game at 3pm if I'm not mistaken.

Coach Brian Aglar has assembled a much better Sparks team. They are passing, defending and playing as a team. Hopefully CHW is watching their games and learning a few things or many.

Best additions to the Sparks are Essence Carson (Rutgers) and Chelsea Gray (Duke). They've really made a difference in the Sparks 11-0 early season. Jantel Lavendar (Ohio State) an All Star last season is coming off the bench. Minutes, points and rebounds are down but her consistency in the paint is still there.

I want the Sparks to beat The Lynx real bad. I can't dislike Maya Moore because her personality is so soft spoken and polite. Hands down she's the best player in the league after Candace of course. It should be a very competitive game. Bragging rights on the line for sure!

Don't miss this game y'all. They're both 11-0. Who'll win?
GOSparks!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Mark your calendars The Lynx v The Sparks on NBA TV 6/21/16 check your local listings. I believe it's an early game at 3pm if I'm not mistaken.

Coach Brian Aglar has assembled a much better Sparks team. They are passing, defending and playing as a team. Hopefully CHW is watching their games and learning a few things or many.

Best additions to the Sparks are Essence Carson (Rutgers) and Chelsea Gray (Duke). They've really made a difference in the Sparks 11-0 early season. Jantel Lavendar (Ohio State) an All Star last season is coming off the bench. Minutes, points and rebounds are down but her consistency in the paint is still there.

I want the Sparks to beat The Lynx real bad. I can't dislike Maya Moore because her personality is so soft spoken and polite. Hands down she's the best player in the league after Candace of course. It should be a very competitive game. Bragging rights on the line for sure!

Don't miss this game y'all. They're both 11-0. Who'll win?
GOSparks!

It is so funny watching Britany. G, cause she was the one talking about playing in NBA.. Her game had been going down and I think she should not have make the USA Team.

It is so funny watching Britany. G, cause she was the one talking about playing in NBA.. Her game had been going down and I think she should not have make the USA Team.

I've noticed as well...BG seems to not be herself this season. Hopefully Izzy can develop quickly so she can get some of her minutes.

Yeah, but, she's not good enough to make the Olympic team...:eek:lol:

GO LADY VOLS...EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It appears that Diana Taurasi and Brittany Griner didn't even put up a fight.

Phoenix, with their two Olympians (three if you count Taylor), have been seriously underachieving this season.

Griner was as invisible as a 6'9 player can be (no blocks, quiet on offense), but Diana was in rare form last night. A couple of offensive fouls courtesy of swung elbows on Beard and Carson (surprised the one on Carson wasn't a flagrant; got her right on the side of the face), and then a technical foul.

So glad that Geno has chosen this beacon of class, grace, dignity and sportsmanship to represent the USA in the Olympic Games.

Reactions: 6 people
If the WNBA want more fans they'll need to post some games on youtube. Don't have league pass so unable to watch the game. The highlights are great though taken off the Sparks home page!

Congrats to Candace and her Sparks in defeating the Mercury. It appears that Diana Taurasi and Brittany Griner didn't even put up a fight.

06/17/16: Phoenix Mercury @ Los Angeles Sparks - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA

Maybe Taurasi and Griner are saving it up for the Olympics? :ermm:

Yeah, but, she's not good enough to make the Olympic team...:eek:lol:

GO LADY VOLS...EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will it be completely Un-American to pull against the Olympic team? Am I the only one brave enough to type it out loud, or will secretly there be more than a few Vol fans wanting Geno to lose ?

I don't know if the time comes that I can actually pull against our team, but part of me thinks it would serve that #%)%^*% right.

Reactions: 2 people
Will it be completely Un-American to pull against the Olympic team? Am I the only one brave enough to type it out loud, or will secretly there be more than a few Vol fans wanting Geno to lose ?

I don't know if the time comes that I can actually pull against our team, but part of me thinks it would serve that #%)%^*% right.

Hey they won the last 3000000 Olympics...it wouldn't hurt to lose this one. Lol With all honesty though I'm hoping they either cancel the Olympics this year or try to move it elsewhere....with the Zika virus running rampant in that country, having the Olympics there with all those international athletes has a recipe for a global pandemic written all over it.

I'll be pulling against them and I have no problem saying it.

It sad to me because it is obvious something is not right with Brittany. She's playing very soft and she looks like she's not into the game. If her personal life is not happy I could understand her lack of competitiveness on the court.

Unfortunately the spot light will be upon her when she meets up with The Dallas Wings. Talk about stress!
WNBA Basketball Scores - WNBA Scoreboard - ESPN

Last edited:
Speaking of Griner, you might want to grab your popcorn tonight as she faces off against Glory Johnson for the first time since their failed marriage.

Not sure if we should expect a basketball game or a Jerry Springer show...

I've noticed as well...BG seems to not be herself this season. Hopefully Izzy can develop quickly so she can get some of her minutes.

Can someone explain to me why Uconn Kaleena Mosqueda Lewis who happened to be the best shooting gurad and #1 recruit both college and WNBA had only score about 10 point in 2 seasons since drafted. They don't even play her anymore. Surprise she still in the team, maybe Geno ***** called her coach and threatening not to cut her. I think she's just "FAT" and can not run WNBA court unlike college where she can stay one place after her team all pass ball around and give it to her to shoot.

Speaking of Griner, you might want to grab your popcorn tonight as she faces off against Glory Johnson for the first time since their failed marriage.

Not sure if we should expect a basketball game or a Jerry Springer show...

Lol Lawd

Can someone explain to me why Uconn Kaleena Mosqueda Lewis who happened to be the best shooting gurad and #1 recruit both college and WNBA had only score about 10 point in 2 seasons since drafted. They don't even play her anymore. Surprise she still in the team, maybe Geno ***** called her coach and threatening not to cut her. I think she's just "FAT" and can not run WNBA court unlike college where she can stay one place after her team all pass ball around and give it to her to shoot.

She's too fat and too slow. And when she does shoot threes, she mostly misses them.

Up front: this is IMO & pure speculation. I thought Britany's senior year she had some physical changes: her Adam's apple seemed less noticeable, her voice did not seem as deep (before if I was in another room and heard her talking I would think it was a man), overall her body seemed "softer". And her play on the court seemed to be less dominating than her first three years. I wondered at the time if she was receiving hormone therapy or something. She does not seem to be making the impact in the WNBA people thought she would, which is not saying she's not a good player. Also apparently this time she will actually play in the Olympics. Has anyone else wondered the same thing? I have no idea what she can, would, could, whatever do. It just seems to me I see more feminine characteristics about her and a corresponding decrease in basketball ability. Whatever, it has to be hard on her and also on Glory and the twins. Hope it works out for all four of them, but especially the kids.

Last edited:
Hollys fault IMO

Reactions: 4 people
Up front: this is IMO & pure speculation. I thought Britany's senior year she had some physical changes: her Adam's apple seemed less noticeable, her voice did not seem as deep (before if I was in another room and heard her talking I would think it was a man), overall her body seemed "softer". And her play on the court seemed to be less dominating than her first three years. I wondered at the time if she was receiving hormone therapy or something. She does not seem to be making the impact in the WNBA people thought she would, which is not saying she's not a good player. Also apparently this time she will actually play in the Olympics. Has anyone else wondered the same thing? I have no idea what she can, would, could, whatever do. It just seems to me I see more feminine characteristics about her and a corresponding decrease in basketball ability. Whatever, it has to be hard on her and also on Glory and the twins. Hope it works out for all four of them, but especially the kids.

She still sounds like a dude. And I wouldn't say that she hasn't had a big impact in the WNBA. She has been a beast until this season.

I don't know how many of you have been watching all of CP's WNBA games but she is one of the top game changers in the women's game. I would rate her number one this year followed by Maya Moore. It is like those two decide that they are going to beat your butt and then go do just that. I have seen CP against Della Dawn, Tina Charles, Griner, Stewie, Taurasi, and Bird plus other Olympic members, and every time she simply looks a cut above. It is as if she is the professor and they are the students. CP has both the will and the skill. When she wants to she is scary good. This week she and Maya get together for a little fun and games. It will be a good time to see if CP can take, what is viewed as the best team in the WNBA, to school. I would love to see CP go off. I still can't understand how Genno and the Olympic Committee, can leave one of the world's best players at home when she has earned the right to play on the Rio team. I hope this miscarriage of justice doesn't bite the USA in the butt.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
maybe CP was one of the players on the team who testified for that US Olympic lady security official last time when GENO was drunk and tried to accost her?

heh!

Reactions: 3 people
She's too fat and too slow. And when she does shoot threes, she mostly misses them.

she also does not play defense. In College she was bailed out a lot by Stewart, Dolson, and Kiah Stokes who would contest/block shots when players blew by her. She doesn't have the same luxury in the women's game as most team run man to man defenses and players are less likely to leave theirs to help you with yours

VN Store

Back