Gabby Green from Cal

westtnvoljackson

I just that Green was transferring from Cal. I think she would be a good pickup for the Lady Vols. If I remember correctly I think she strongly considered Knoxville as a possible destination during the recruiting process.

Green chose Cal over Tennessee, Rutgers and Ohio State. She was a top 10 national recruit by several recruiting services.

Reactions: 1 person
I doubt the staff goes after her. I think Tennessee is solely focus on the 2017/2018 classes because of the upcoming large departure of the JR class.

She would seemingly be a Carter like guard only bigger at 6'1",really good defender,not very good shooter(34 and 35 percent her first two years). Has good point guard skills,may be worth looking at for that reason with Carter and Reynolds both leaving next year. So many transfers.

She would fit right in as far as shooting. 29 percent from the field overall, 22 percent from the three point line and 45 percent from the foul line. She hasn't performed well at California and she has been given plenty of playing time to do so.

I would take a chance on her if she is interested especially if she wants to come here. She has great size (Listed at 6'2") and is a Shekinna Stricklen type of player (just doesn't have as good of a 3 as Shekinna does). She also gives us the luxury of having someone who has played at a high collegiate level. I know we are focusing on 2017 but if we were to add her to go along with Greene (who has experience with the college game albeit at the JUCO level) we don't have to force the incoming freshman to play if they aren't ready. With us losing Reynolds, Nunn, and Carter (probably wont play this year) next off-season, and Diamond and Russell (should they have years that they would have been expected to have as the top picks of their recruiting class) we could be looking at a lot of Freshman with non-college experience playing a lot of minutes in 2017. Being able to bring those freshman along slowly and have them ready to go come SEC play and beyond would be great. I am all for it if she is interested.

Talent level would not be an upgrade so why would we want? We need more than just someone new!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Don't want her if her shooting numbers are just as mediocre as our current guards. We need good shooters...period.

She would fit right in as far as shooting. 29 percent from the field overall, 22 percent from the three point line and 45 percent from the foul line. She hasn't performed well at California and she has been given plenty of playing time to do so.

Ouch

Scoring pace of 1 point every 5.5 minutes of action in 2 years, mostly due to her lousy shooting, and her sophomore numbers were even worse than her 1st year.

VN Store

Back