Parker revenge tour continues

Darth_Vol

Sparks smoke the Sky tonight. Parker finishes with 26 points, 9 rebounds. The new best PF Delle Donne finishes with 8 points (4-14 from the field), 6 rebounds....

Reactions: 13 people
I really hope she can win MVP this year and a championship to put the icing on the cake!!! It still saddens me that she was left off that damn Olympic team!!!

Reactions: 10 people
Candace will be WNBA WVP. Mark it down. She's out to prove a point. She has a big chip on her shoulder in not being selected for the USA Olympics team. Get 'em Candace!

Reactions: 3 people
Candace will be WNBA WVP. Mark it down. She's out to prove a point. She has a big chip on her shoulder in not being selected for the USA Olympics team. Get 'em Candace!

Not only that but Nnedka Oguwinke is also mad that she didn't get a better look as well. You add that to other players hungry for a championship who've come close (Alana Beard, Essence Carson, along with Nnedka all made it to final 4s in college and lost) Tolliver wants another one after winning a title at Maryland so they are willing to go to war with Candace to get the title and with Jantel Lavender coming off the bench with Ann Waters and the ability to also bring Chelsea Gray off the bench makes them scary come playoffs time!

Reactions: 5 people
Not only that but Nnedka Oguwinke is also mad that she didn't get a better look as well. You add that to other players hungry for a championship who've come close (Alana Beard, Essence Carson, along with Nnedka all made it to final 4s in college and lost) Tolliver wants another one after winning a title at Maryland so they are willing to go to war with Candace to get the title and with Jantel Lavender coming off the bench with Ann Waters and the ability to also bring Chelsea Gray off the bench makes them scary come playoffs time!

Nneka should've been on the team in 2012 but instead they brought on Swin and Ashja... and that was Geno's decision. And now some UConn delegates, Lobo included, try to reason Parker being left off as a youth movement yet the ages of the guards on this team equal what my great great grandmothers age would be today if she was alive.

They also try to pull the "but you would you take off the team."

How about Tina or Sylvia, two players that demanded trades from their original WNBA teams or Griner who has been suspended by USA and WNBA games in the past and has turned down numerous USA opportunities in the past due to personal reasons. Nneka and Candace are better than those three choices IMO, especially for the international game.

That doesn't include the fact the Breanna could have been a more logical omission.

Reactions: 8 people
What a stupid situation. Geno is pathetic.

As are the USA Basketball committee members. I thought Katie Smith and Dan would have had the courage to stand up for what is right. I used to be San Antonio fan, but no longer. I will like the Spurs because of Becky Hammon, but will no longer be a Stars fan.

The cowards committee picked the US Women's team this year.

Reactions: 2 people
Nneka should've been on the team in 2012 but instead they brought on Swin and Ashja... and that was Geno's decision. And now some UConn delegates, Lobo included, try to reason Parker being left off as a youth movement yet the ages of the guards on this team equal what my great great grandmothers age would be today if she was alive.

They also try to pull the "but you would you take off the team."

How about Tina or Sylvia, two players that demanded trades from their original WNBA teams or Griner who has been suspended by USA and WNBA games in the past and has turned down numerous USA opportunities in the past due to personal reasons. Nneka and Candace are better than those three choices IMO, especially for the international game.

That doesn't include the fact the Breanna could have been a more logical omission.
yeah 'Bobo was sickening in her defense of the selection. Unlike Lawson (whom I like) she uses every opportunity to defend or rationalize for her Alma mater. Everybody knows Candace should be on that team.

Reactions: 2 people

What is that suppose to mean? Its all about winning right and currently the Sparks are 4-0 and the Mercury are (0-3) and New York is (2-2). Candace also doesn't have to do it all for her respective teams like Taurasi has to do (because Griner isn't being coached properly) or Charles (who is playing essentially the entire game and their only consistent offense). On any given night anybody on LA can take over the game and beat you, once minute its the Candace show, then its the Nnedka show, then the Tolliver show, the Jantelle Lavender show. It's pick your poison and the only team I think that can match up with them with the way they are playing is Minnesota (and they are old)

I am loving it as the choices Delle Donne and Stewart aren't holding up to the great one. The one that was 3 and 0 versus Geno in college and now showing who is the best in WNBA. Geno can take the USA team and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Reactions: 8 people

What is your point?

ParkerDunkUConn.jpg

Reactions: 7 people
What is that suppose to mean? Its all about winning right and currently the Sparks are 4-0 and the Mercury are (0-3) and New York is (2-2). Candace also doesn't have to do it all for her respective teams like Taurasi has to do (because Griner isn't being coached properly) or Charles (who is playing essentially the entire game and their only consistent offense). On any given night anybody on LA can take over the game and beat you, once minute its the Candace show, then its the Nnedka show, then the Tolliver show, the Jantelle Lavender show. It's pick your poison and the only team I think that can match up with them with the way they are playing is Minnesota (and they are old)

I seriously doubt the Uconn fan poster has grasped the fuller implications of these stats. He/she saw Taurasi and Charles at the top of the first two lists and immediately succumbed to convulsions of ecstasy.

But for those of us who are able to process information rationally, lets look a bit further at these numbers:

After four games (admittedly still early season), CP3 is sixth in scoring (20.5 pg), 5th in rebounding, 11th in assists (4.0 pg), 6th in steals, and 9th in blocks. So, she is just .3 assist per game shy of being in the top 10 of all major statistical categories. No other player in the WNBA is close to demonstrating that level of all around excellence. With each passing game, her omission from the Olympic team is looking worse and worse....

Last edited:
[QUOTE=madtownvol;12627374]I seriously doubt the OP has grasped the fuller implications of these stats. He/she saw Taurasi and Charles at the top of the first two lists and immediately succumbed to convulsions of ecstasy.

But for those of us who are able to process information rationally, lets look a bit further at these numbers:

After four games (admittedly still early season), CP3 is sixth in scoring (20.5 pg), 5th in rebounding, 11th in assists (4.0 pg), 6th in steals, and 9th in blocks. So, she is just .3 assist per game shy of being in the top 10 of all major statistical categories. No other player in the WNBA is close to demonstrating that level of all around excellence. With each passing game, her omission from the Olympic team is looking worse and worse....[/QUOTE]

Uconn fan got a little to excited...Call it a severe case of prejoy.
seizure-o.gif

VN Store

Back