Nia Moore

I am so happy for Nia! Now hopefully I can follow her pro career to see how things turn out for her. I believe it will be great.

Nia would had blossomed into a great college player if she turned down coach Law's advice in coming to Tennessee. As things turned out it was a blessing and a curse. She didn't attend Illinois which currently is in shambles(blessing) but she ended up at Tennessee (curse) because of Holly's non-coaching skills.

Good luck Nia. So sorry things didn't turn out better for you as a LadyVol. You deserved much better.

Why doesn't she just play in the WNBA and be closer to family and friends? Is the money that much better in South Korea? I'm familiar with the leagues in Russia, China, and Turkey, but I didn't know women's professional basketball was lucrative in South Korea.

I think the important fact about that article is Holly again strikes out on another recruit.

Reactions: 3 people
I think the important fact about that article is Holly again strikes out on another recruit.

I don't think the former Kentucky commit was coming here regardless. From different tweets I've seen it is rumored that Washington may be where she land. I wouldn't call this incident a strike out. If the staff had been recruiting her for a while and she went elsewhere that'll be a different story.

Reactions: 1 person
Why doesn't she just play in the WNBA and be closer to family and friends? Is the money that much better in South Korea? I'm familiar with the leagues in Russia, China, and Turkey, but I didn't know women's professional basketball was lucrative in South Korea.

Overseas salaries are way better than the WNBA salaries.

Reactions: 2 people

Because she would have to make a WNBA roster for her to play in the WNBA.

Hope she gets married to a Vol basketball player and starts producing some Vol basketball babies. Candace has already started. If we can get her and Lizzy following suit we can have some great players in about 18 years.

I think after a couple of seasons overseas she will end up in the WNBA! She has size 6'3" (although she needs to add a little more muscle) and she is very quick and agile. She blocks shots and is very aggressive on the offensive glass. She would be in the WNBA had Holly played her more when Izzy was hurt and didn't rush Izzy back. The good thing about her going overseas now as an undrafted player is that she gets to decide who's camp she wants to go to next spring. I think she will latch on somewhere it has been done. (Courtney Paris, Erlana Larkins, Meighan Simmons, and Sydney Colson to name a few)

I think she will latch on somewhere it has been done. (Courtney Paris, Erlana Larkins, Meighan Simmons, and Sydney Colson to name a few)

All of these players were All-American or All-Conference talent. Moore couldn't even get regular minutes on her own team.

The WNBA is ruthlessly competitive. I think she's smart to go overseas and cash in while she's still in her prime.

All of these players were All-American or All-Conference talent. Moore couldn't even get regular minutes on her own team.

The WNBA is ruthlessly competitive. I think she's smart to go overseas and cash in while she's still in her prime.

We'll never truly know what she could've done here because I don't think she was truly ever given a chance. Other coaches know talent or what players can do which is why she was able to get some type of offer overseas. With the right amount of playing time and the league losing a lot of older post players soon, I could see her latching on somewhere. It may be tough but I can see it happening. Just got to have the right coach believe in you

We'll never truly know what she could've done here because I don't think she was truly ever given a chance. Other coaches know talent or what players can do which is why she was able to get some type of offer overseas. With the right amount of playing time and the league losing a lot of older post players soon, I could see her latching on somewhere. It may be tough but I can see it happening. Just got to have the right coach believe in you

A good read. Thanks for expressing the way I could not. Nia's lack of playing time just makes me angry at Holly. I saw her potential....

She played good in spurts , but against bigger post she good beat up. which in turn left her a liability. and you think she deserved more minutes than izzy or bash ..or mercedes means no one is a ooach

Moore has offensive talent--she can make baskets. A lot better around the paint than, say, Graves. She's about 20 pounds away from being a pretty good power forward.

I think after a couple of seasons overseas she will end up in the WNBA! She has size 6'3" (although she needs to add a little more muscle) and she is very quick and agile. She blocks shots and is very aggressive on the offensive glass. She would be in the WNBA had Holly played her more when Izzy was hurt and didn't rush Izzy back. The good thing about her going overseas now as an undrafted player is that she gets to decide who's camp she wants to go to next spring. I think she will latch on somewhere it has been done. (Courtney Paris, Erlana Larkins, Meighan Simmons, and Sydney Colson to name a few)

They tried for four years to put more muscle and weight on her at UT and just couldn't do it. It's a big part of what kept her out of the lineup against teams with size, she just couldn't match up.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back