I back Pat

PMC2726

Believe
I had the honor and privilege of being invited to play in a charity golf tournament on Monday hosted by The Pat Summit Foundation. It was at Spring Creek just outside of Memphis. Everything about the event was world class -- the foundation, the speakers, the volunteers, the participants, and the golf course.

Joan Cronan spoke at the event and played. She is VERY passionate about the cause and I appreciated her making the trip over to Memphis. I can see why she went so far in the athletic department -- when you speak to her, she makes you feel like you are the only person on earth (an amazing quality). She also has a nice swing!

I think they have held these golf events in other Tennessee cities and were testing out Memphis to see if it's worth hosting the event here annually. I hope they do. There were 17 groups of 4. Low score was 57. My team shot 61, which was second place.

If you are thinking about donating your time, your money, your old pick-up truck, etc., please remember The Pat Summit Foundation.

Below are a few pictures from the event. I tried not to include pictures of individuals to protect privacy.

IMG_6460.jpg

IMG_6456.jpg

IMG_6337.jpg

IMG_6396.jpg

IMG_6398.jpg

Reactions: 10 people
was Coach Summitt there? I am not being disrespectful, I am just not aware of her current circumstances....and out of due respect, it is not really any of my business, just curious

Fair question and one I should have addressed above. Pat was not there. From what I was told, Pat rarely travels anymore.

VN Store

Back