1 Florida vs 16 Fresno State

2 Michigan vs 15 Baylor

3 Oklahoma vs 14 Kentucky

4 Oregon vs 13 LSU

5 Alabama vs 12 UCLA

6 Auburn vs 11 Louisiana

7 Florida State vs 10 Tennessee

8 James Madison vs 9 Washington

No way Alabama(you have as #5) can be ahead of Auburn(you have as #6) now. Auburn is SEC tourney champs & Bama was knocked out early in the tourney.

Also think having UT at #10 is going to be a little too high for them as well. I say #11-#12 but as low as #14 isn't out of the realm of possibility.

I also think JMU is going to be a higher seed. Maybe even top 5. They are a team that no team would want to face.

I have no problem though with the teams you have for the top 16. Just not agreeing with you on seeding. I also think that Fresno State might not be in there in the top #16 either & another team replaces them like Mizzou or UL-Lafayette or even South Florida.

There are 2 SEC teams that also could jump in there too in Georgia or Texas A&M but not likely at all. I just had to mention them since they're in the SEC. :)

Reactions: 1 person
I can't see Lafayette not being a top 16 seed since they have been ranked all season.

Agree 100%. That's why I said they could replace Fresno State plus with a few other teams as a possible chance as well. But, I believe UL-Lafayette would be hard to be kept out. Their record is too good & they've been there all season.

They are also a team that's now ranked regularly in the pre-season now. You couldn't say that about that program a few years ago. They were barely even known about a few years ago.

Nice list. No Missouri?

I could see them in a 16 seed.....since they did not play Florida this season

No way Alabama(you have as #5) can be ahead of Auburn(you have as #6) now. Auburn is SEC tourney champs & Bama was knocked out early in the tourney.

Also think having UT at #10 is going to be a little too high for them as well. I say #11-#12 but as low as #14 isn't out of the realm of possibility.

I also think JMU is going to be a higher seed. Maybe even top 5. They are a team that no team would want to face.

I have no problem though with the teams you have for the top 16. Just not agreeing with you on seeding. I also think that Fresno State might not be in there in the top #16 either & another team replaces them like Mizzou or UL-Lafayette or even South Florida.

There are 2 SEC teams that also could jump in there too in Georgia or Texas A&M but not likely at all. I just had to mention them since they're in the SEC. :)

Bama has a higher sos and better wins than Auburn does Auburn was in danger of not even getting a top 8 seed before the SEC tourney.....James Madison will not be top 5 no mid major will ever be that high how do you justify putting James Madison above all the other teams??

Tennessee was on the cusp of a top 8 seed along with Washington and now you think they could possibly drop all the way to a 14?? I wouldn't put Tennessee past 11 but I'm thinking along the lines of the committee of not trying to have head to head conference supers if those teams played during the regular season

Louisiana is a great team and has been all season they will get a top 16 seed...UGA, A&M had chances to get a top 16 seed but didn't get it done

Bama has a higher sos and better wins than Auburn does Auburn was in danger of not even getting a top 8 seed before the SEC tourney.....James Madison will not be top 5 no mid major will ever be that high how do you justify putting James Madison above all the other teams??

Bama was the 5th seed in the SECT. Auburn was the 4th seed. They have similar records. Auburn was not playing well heading into the SECT & I agree they were in danger of falling out of the top 8. However, they just won the SEC Championship & rather easily in doing so.

I think this puts Auburn ahead of Bama for seeding. Bama wasn't doing anything great towards the end of the season either including losing the last game of the season to knock them from a #2 seed to a #5 seed in the SECT.

I see what you're saying about JMU but look at some of the wins they have including against our own Lady Vols. They've beaten some good teams. They've played some of the top teams. Yes, they're in a weaker conference but they are still one of the best teams in the country. They most certainly can crack the top 5. I'm not saying it's going to happen but it's a possibility if you ask me.

Wasn't UL-Lafayette a top 5 national seed a couple years ago? I'm pretty sure they were or very close to it. So, you can't say no mid major will be that high when I'm thinking UL-Lafayette already did or was very close.

Tennessee was on the cusp of a top 8 seed along with Washington and now you think they could possibly drop all the way to a 14?? I wouldn't put Tennessee past 11 but I'm thinking along the lines of the committee of not trying to have head to head conference supers if those teams played during the regular season

Yes, we could fall as low as #14. Did you not know that injuries are now considered in seeding teams for the NCAA tourney? A key player like Gaffin being gone could very well cost us at least a spot or 2. As a matter of fact, I think it will cost us at least 2 spots myself. We were ranked #9 in the polls going into the SECT. We won 1 game. Made the semis. Lost Gaffin to injury.

Look what happened to us last season? We were very questionable to make the top 8. If we hadn't made the SEC championship game against Auburn we probably wouldn't have made it. We were in a similar situation this season. Rankings pretty close to last season. RPI about the same. So, yes there's a very legit chance we could fall to as low as a #14 seed. I don't think we will but it's possible. I say we get #11-#12 seed mainly because of playing in the SEC so we won't fall lower than that more than likely.

Louisiana is a great team and has been all season they will get a top 16 seed...UGA, A&M had chances to get a top 16 seed but didn't get it done

Did you just forget to have UL-Lafayette listed as a top 16 when you 1st posted this list? I say this because you say above they will get a top 16 seed. Thanks!

he showed LSU as 13th seed

I would say #13 is about right for LSU. But, he didn't have UL-Lafayette in the top 16. They should be there too probably #10-#15 or possibly a little higher. They are 40-7 but play in a weak conference.

They don't have as high RPI though & their SOS is weaker than most other teams in consideration right now for the top 16. They are ranked in the top 10 though in the polls & #12 in RPI so they will make it in.

Some crazy news:

Valparaiso softball team entered the Horizon League tournament this weekend with a record of 14-32. After completing an improbable four-game tournament run which culminated in a win over Wright State in the championship game today, Valparaiso softball team is now going to the NCAA tournament with a record of 18-32. What's amazing is that Valparaiso was trailing 0-4 entering the bottom of the 7th inning and needed a two-out single to tie the score. They scored 4 runs in the bottom of the 7th inning to force the extra inning, and won the game 5-4 in the bottom of the 8th. Simply crazy. That's why you gotta love sports. #Mayhem #RoadToTheWCWS

Reactions: 1 person
I think we'll see Valparaiso in the Gainesville regional going against Florida Gators with a record of 53-5. Two extremes. Talk about David vs. Goliath...

Some crazy news:

Valparaiso softball team entered the Horizon League tournament this weekend with a record of 14-32. After completing an improbable four-game tournament run which culminated in a win over Wright State in the championship game today, Valparaiso softball team is now going to the NCAA tournament with a record of 18-32. What's amazing is that Valparaiso was trailing 0-4 entering the bottom of the 7th inning and needed a two-out single to tie the score. They scored 4 runs in the bottom of the 7th inning to force the extra inning, and won the game 5-4 in the bottom of the 8th. Simply crazy. That's why you gotta love sports. #Mayhem #RoadToTheWCWS

That's crazy. Kind of like how we see some teams get into the men's NCAA basketball tourney by winning their conference championship with an overall losing record. But, 14-32 going into their tourney & win it? That's something else.

Once all the team's are placed this is going to be a great tournament. The World Series will be exciting. And could be SEC loaded.

Once all the team's are placed this is going to be a great tournament. The World Series will be exciting. And could be SEC loaded.

Well, the women's CWS last season had 5 SEC teams. I don't think we get that many in it this season but 4 is very possible. I'm actually going to predict only 3. That's just the feeling that I have.

One of those 3 teams won't be the Lady Vols either. I'll say Florida, Auburn,& LSU. The other possible SEC teams are Bama & Kentucky but not likely.

I would say #13 is about right for LSU. But, he didn't have UL-Lafayette in the top 16. They should be there too probably #10-#15 or possibly a little higher. They are 40-7 but play in a weak conference.

They don't have as high RPI though & their SOS is weaker than most other teams in consideration right now for the top 16. They are ranked in the top 10 though in the polls & #12 in RPI so they will make it in.

Tony I have Louisiana in my top 16 rankings man...I have them as an 11 seed

I think we'll see Valparaiso in the Gainesville regional going against Florida Gators with a record of 53-5. Two extremes. Talk about David vs. Goliath...

Valpo is going to Michigan's regional....with the softball tourney and regionals the NCAA likes to bus as many mid major teams as they can to the closest regional to that school

Valpo is going to Michigan's regional....with the softball tourney and regionals the NCAA likes to bus as many mid major teams as they can to the closest regional to that school

I'm not so sure about that. If Florida is indeed the undisputed overall #1 seed in the eyes of the Selection Committee, I think they will send Valparaiso to Gainesville and have Miami (Ohio) pack for Ann Arbor. Miami (Ohio)'s latest RPI before winning the Mid-American Conference tournament this weekend was #127 vs. #232 for Valparaiso. The distance to travel to either Ann Arbor or Gainesville is about the same for both schools. If I am on the committee, then I'm sending Valpo down to Florida. More drama, more media buzz to talk about/milk for the talking heads in the media.

I'm not so sure about that. If Florida is indeed the undisputed overall #1 seed in the eyes of the Selection Committee, I think they will send Valparaiso to Gainesville and have Miami (Ohio) pack for Ann Arbor. Miami (Ohio)'s latest RPI before winning the Mid-American Conference tournament this weekend was #127 vs. #232 for Valparaiso. The distance to travel to either Ann Arbor or Gainesville is about the same for both schools. If I am on the committee, then I'm sending Valpo down to Florida. More drama, more media buzz to talk about/milk for the talking heads in the media.

The NCAA is not putting Valpo on a plane...you're getting your committees mixed up softball is more regional...Florida will have Florida A&M as their 4 seed in their bracket

The NCAA is not putting Valpo on a plane...you're getting your committees mixed up softball is more regional...Florida will have Florida A&M as their 4 seed in their bracket

I think you are right. Florida A&M (23-27), the champion of Mid-Eastern Conference tournament, with RPI #226 just fits the profile. When I checked the conference champions, the information on the Mid-Eastern Conference wasn't available at the time.

Possibles I see being in those top 16 seeds are Louisiana Lafayette, and Missouri over Fresno State and possibly Baylor or UCLA.
I don't see Louisiana Lafayette being out of the top 16 and Missouri is very close as well will be interesting to see.

Tony I have Louisiana in my top 16 rankings man...I have them as an 11 seed

I'm totally sorry about that. I overlooked them. I swear last night I double-checked & thought I didn't see them. I must have been ready for the bed if you know what I mean. Again, sorry about that mistake. I do apologize. Thanks!

I could see them in a 16 seed.....since they did not play Florida this season

Of your top 8, who is the best matchup and the worst matchup for us?

VN Store

Back