Cheridene Green 6'3" to Tennessee

VOL720

Per Brett McCormick and other recruiting services. Real big get. I read somewhere that the new recruiting coordinator was a big factor. Green was a 6'3" JUCO All-American and is very strong and big. Can wreak havoc down low. Even though she is hurt, word is she is to good to pass up on. Congrats to Holly and staff.

Reactions: 3 people
Ok this getting very interesting. We now have 3 new post players that appear to be hard nose competitors and strong.

Holly loves to tell her team to play hard. So she went out and got 3 tough minded, rebounding players. I'm guessing that offensive schemes will remain the same. Just play hard!

We shall see....And WELCOME TO ROCKY TOP MS. GREEN!:)

Thanks for posting!

She is red shirting next season correct????

Yes, but word is she is just to good to pass up on. She is 6'3" and has the build of Nikki Anosike, but may be a tad bigger. Average 20ppg. Also played for her countries national team. Give Sharrona Reaves some time, she may be able to reel in a top 2017 class also. I hear she was a big factor in getting Green. Months ago, I don't think Green was even considering Tennessee.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't care if the whole 2017 class is ranked below top 50. As long as there is at least two players that have parking lot range. We need some fracking shooters.

Reactions: 2 people
Green put up some extremely impressive numbers last season and is a tremendous late addition. Here's where she ranked nationally per the NJCAA:
* Points per game: 8th (20.5)
* FG percentage: 19th (.576)
* Rebounds per game: 1st (16.5)
* Offensive rebounds per game: 1st (7.1)
* Blocks per game: 3rd (3.9)

Also encouraging to see: excellent FT shooting (.757) and a 1.3 assist to TO ratio, with just 17 turnovers in 15 games.

Per Brett McCormick and other recruiting services. Real big get. I read somewhere that the new recruiting coordinator was a big factor. Green was a 6'3" JUCO All-American and is very strong and big. Can wreak havoc down low. Even though she is hurt, word is she is to good to pass up on. Congrats to Holly and staff.

Great job!! The door of "Recruit" has open....

Last edited:
Wont amount to nothing playing with the big girls of the SEC/NCAA.

She has played with her country's national team also. I would think she would have the skills and work ethic to compete with the best in the SEC. Averaging 20ppg at the JUCO level is impressing comparing to averaging that against High School competition.To me she is much stronger and more athletic than Russell. She could be a special player for the Lady Vols.

Reactions: 1 person
Gotta have shooters.

I agree and I believe that's why the staff is now recruiting Lindsey Corsaro. 6' McDonald's All-American who can light it up, but is not just one dimensional. Can also attack off the dribble and can defend. If Tennessee gets a visit, Reaves may see there's a lot of playing time available. We shall see....

Ok this getting very interesting. We now have 3 new post players that appear to be hard nose competitors and strong.

Holly loves to tell her team to play hard. So she went out and got 3 tough minded, rebounding players. I'm guessing that offensive schemes will remain the same. Just play hard!

We shall see....And WELCOME TO ROCKY TOP MS. GREEN!:)

Thanks for posting!

Though as a practical matter, the three will never be directly competing for a spot because Nunn is here for one year and Green will be a red shirt. But, if Green is able to rehab in her knee in time, they could all make each other better in practice.

Though as a practical matter, the three will never be directly competing for a spot because Nunn is here for one year and Green will be a red shirt. But, if Green is able to rehab in her knee in time, they could all make each other better in practice.

That much is true. Thanks for pointing that out. It is just nice to have BIGs that can help out off the bench or start. Nunn will be one and done so she won't be playing when Green gets healthy unless what you stated will happen.

The best thing about the Bigs recruitment is that it frees up Mercedes to not have to be relied upon as much? I'm guessing I just don't know what is going on with Mercedes. She showed signs of life during the tourney but reverted back to her old self in the elite eight. So who knows what affect those players will have on her.

Just win!:)

Reactions: 1 person
Green put up some extremely impressive numbers last season and is a tremendous late addition. Here's where she ranked nationally per the NJCAA:
* Points per game: 8th (20.5)
* FG percentage: 19th (.576)
* Rebounds per game: 1st (16.5)
* Offensive rebounds per game: 1st (7.1)
* Blocks per game: 3rd (3.9)

Also encouraging to see: excellent FT shooting (.757) and a 1.3 assist to TO ratio, with just 17 turnovers in 15 games.

And apparently she is the best scorer in basketball history. According to her college website she did all that in 8.6 minutes per game and averaged 95.5 points per 40 minutes played :) ASA College - Home of the Avengers

VN Store

Back