2017 SEC Tournament

Not surprising. With dwindling tournament attendance coupled with USC's rise, it was to be expected the SEC would try hard to get it somewhere in SC.

Reactions: 2 people
With the Greenville site being 2 hours from Columbia, Knoxville & Athens I expect there will be a nice crowd during the tournament. Gamecocks fans will be out in full force but I expect the lady vol faithful to represent well as usual. :hi:

Reactions: 3 people
Hate to hear that. Only 40 min. from my house.
What happened?

Let's just say that when other cities are fighting over bringing an event to their town and one says "here's how much you can pay us for the honor of holding your event here" then that arena is never getting the event again.

Reactions: 1 person
Its in Nashville in 2018 :thumbsup:

We like Nashville and always enjoyed going there for games, but the last few times the hotels have really price jacked their rates. Leaves a bad taste for having it there. Still is a good place for restaurants and a pretty central location for most SEC teams.

Duluth was hard to get to and not much around it unless you wanted to fight Atlanta traffic. Enjoyed it, but won't necessarily miss it either.

Greenville was great the one time it was there. Good city, great people and retaurants; everything was good and since then the traffic construction around the arena has been completed, so it should be even better. I love South Carolina, so I may be a little biased.

We like Nashville and always enjoyed going there for games, but the last few times the hotels have really price jacked their rates. Leaves a bad taste for having it there. Still is a good place for restaurants and a pretty central location for most SEC teams

Nashville will continue to host the tournament every year it doesn't host the men's tourney. The Predators, who book the arena, are not willing to go on a two-week road trip every year for the SEC to hold both events (I don't blame them).

The hotels don't really jack up the rates for the SEC weekends, those are typically the rates every weekend. Hotels in downtown Nashville are consistently the most expensive I've seen outside of New York and Chicago. We paid as much for two nights at the Nashville Hilton last summer as we did for five nights at the Marriott Marquis in Atlanta three weeks later. It's crazy over there.

You are right about the hotel rates in Nashville. And something more unreal there is try to rent an apartment or condo while going to Vanderbilt. Anything within 5 miles is twice other parts of the country other than NY.

You are right about the hotel rates in Nashville. And something more unreal there is try to rent an apartment or condo while going to Vanderbilt. Anything within 5 miles is twice other parts of the country other than NY.

Actually, Nashville hotel rates are currently higher than NYC. It's all over the news here.

Nashville will continue to host the tournament every year it doesn't host the men's tourney. The Predators, who book the arena, are not willing to go on a two-week road trip every year for the SEC to hold both events (I don't blame them).

The hotels don't really jack up the rates for the SEC weekends, those are typically the rates every weekend. Hotels in downtown Nashville are consistently the most expensive I've seen outside of New York and Chicago. We paid as much for two nights at the Nashville Hilton last summer as we did for five nights at the Marriott Marquis in Atlanta three weeks later. It's crazy over there.
They may not raise the rates in Nashville but since I saw where it was going to be on Sunday, the rates in Greenville are going up up up!!! I was trying to make reservation at Embassy Suite and it was taking a long time, before I could complete it the rates had gone up. When I got out of it and went back(because it was so slow) in it said it there were no more rooms available. Every hotel that pulled up in original search the price was higher.

They may not raise the rates in Nashville but since I saw where it was going to be on Sunday, the rates in Greenville are going up up up!!! I was trying to make reservation at Embassy Suite and it was taking a long time, before I could complete it the rates had gone up. When I got out of it and went back(because it was so slow) in it said it there were no more rooms available. Every hotel that pulled up in original search the price was higher.

That's a dang shame. They're already jacking up the prices in the Greenville area. SC fans are part to blame because some are already booking their rooms & you know those hotels won't waste any time raising the prices. Oh well, it is what it is.

VN Store

Back