Sources Close to Candace Say She Received 2 Reasons

PointGuard

"Officially, according to sources close to Parker, she was given two reasons for not being included on the final roster. Parker was told she was no longer the best player at her position, with that nod presumably going to Elena Delle Donne. She was also told she “didn’t match up well with Australia.” Parker was said to be floored by the reasoning".

Copied out of Was Candace Parker Left Off The Olympic Team Because She Wears adidas? | Nice Kicks

FYI you have to scroll down quite a bit the piece starts with Mens discussion

Last edited:
"Officially, according to sources close to Parker, she was given two reasons for not being included on the final roster. Parker was told she was no longer the best player at her position, with that nod presumably going to Elena Delle Donne. She was also told she “didn’t match up well with Australia.” Parker was said to be floored by the reasoning".

Copied out of Was Candace Parker Left Off The Olympic Team Because She Wears adidas? | Nice Kicks

I don't believe any of those "Rubbish" that she was left because she wears Adidas. DO we think Diana would've been left if she wears Adidas I don't think so. They're just trying to find a way to cover up what ***** ass Gino had been doing since he started coaching National Team.

Reactions: 2 people
Funny that there are so many people quoted saying she is one of the top 3 payers in the world, including the coach of the Aussie team. Neither "reason" is plausible. I take CP's reason as the actual reason: Geno.

Reactions: 8 people
I don't believe any of those "Rubbish" that she was left because she wears Adidas. DO we think Diana would've been left if she wears Adidas I don't think so. They're just trying to find a way to cover up what ***** ass Gino had been doing since he started coaching National Team.

There have been accusations in the past against USA Basketball on the men's side of keeping players with Adidas and Under Armour contracts off of Olympic and World Championship teams.

So while that wasn't the only reason, I think it's entirely plausible that played some part.

Reactions: 1 person
There have been accusations in the past against USA Basketball on the men's side of keeping players with Adidas and Under Armour contracts off of Olympic and World Championship teams.

So while that wasn't the only reason, I think it's entirely plausible that played some part.

While it may play a part, the HC is the bigger issue IMO

It was a completely subjective, BS decision--and so she would have gotten some completely BS reason. And that's what these two reasons are--there is NO DOUBT of that.

If they are using best player at a position I think Sue Bird has to come off the team, and you don't need a rookie Stewart, and Tarausi is only the top drunk at her position. So that point is BS. Hopefully Australia beat UConn a$$ don't care anything about the UConn team. I'm have no interest in that team so done talking about it.

I heard the reason was that Parker dunked on Connecticut once upon a time rather emphatically, and it left Olympic-sized scars on Aurienema's ego.

Reactions: 15 people
Since Christian Laitner (sp) a college player being added has been popular, he shouldn't have been picked over Shaq, but... So I have no problem with Stewart being added, and Della Donne is the MVP, so yeah they have forwards, but Parker is a multi position player, and if anything they need more point guards. Sadly, she did have issues with Geno last go around, and I am sure partly due to her being a Vol, and lacking respect for Geno, and him being a child. Unfortunately she missed the try outs (three others did and were added, but not forwards), and I think that at that position, with wanting to add a college student, who happens to play that position, she was odd man out, I think it is a crappy decision, and very regrettable for the team, Parker, Stewart, and USA basketball, and only Geno is happy about it

I heard the reason was that Parker dunked on Connecticut once upon a time rather emphatically, and it left Olympic-sized scars on Aurienema's ego.

Yeah, she dunked on UConn's court "I did because I could"... she also once said "Geno is kinda short to be coaching basketball" or something to that effect...

Reactions: 3 people
Yeah, she dunked on UConn's court "I did because I could"... she also once said "Geno is kinda short to be coaching basketball" or something to that effect...

Well, now Geno is the hammer and she is the nail. Sad but stuff happens.

I am sure she will be on the next Olympic team when someone else will be the coach and committee members change. In four years.

LOL! So, are all 12 members of the team "the best at their position"?...I have never heard an alleged match up with one specific team in the Olympics as reasoning behind player selections. This is weak sauce, any way you look at it.

Reactions: 3 people
Just a word of caution on the OP - the publication is a trade publication for the sports shoe industry, and the author is the creative director for the publication - he started life testing shoes for Nike and then went into writing about the sneaker industry for various journals. Not exactly an investigative journalist, nor someone likely to have any connections to 'Candace's people.' He probably knows some of the folks at Adidas and maybe the sports marketing guy there that signed Candace.

Let's just call BULL$h!t and move one. UConn coach Geno didn't want her on the team and that's the bottom line. He wanted his girl Diana T. instead. She hasn't played in a year.

Parker is the best female player period and should be on the team.

:thud:

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 5 people
From the WBNA website promoting the new season, here is what they had to say about our "just not good enough" CP3:

13. Candace Parker has become a triple-double waiting to happen.

After resting for the first half of last season, two-time MVP Candace Parker emerged as a triple threat the likes of which the WNBA has never seen.

No player had ever averaged 10-plus rebounds and at least four assists, let alone six. Parker put up an incredible 19.4 points, 10.1 rebounds, 6.3 assists, 1.9 steals and 1.8 blocks – numbers that would place her in the top five in all five categories had she played enough games to qualify for the 2015 leader board

I mean really who would want a player like that on your team?

You can see a great CP3 highlight reel from the same site:

20 Things to Know About the WNBA’s 20th Season: Page 3 - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA

Just a word of caution on the OP - the publication is a trade publication for the sports shoe industry, and the author is the creative director for the publication - he started life testing shoes for Nike and then went into writing about the sneaker industry for various journals. Not exactly an investigative journalist, nor someone likely to have any connections to 'Candace's people.' He probably knows some of the folks at Adidas and maybe the sports marketing guy there that signed Candace.

Exactly and those points you mention are the reasons why this is believable.

He's close to Adidas people who know Candace. Two people close to Candace (the Two Sources) reported to him what Candace told them.

UConn posters want to offset everything that is said. Why is that? This statement is the closest statement so far to putting facts out there. You all want to cast Geno in a better light than he is when it comes to his childish outbursts.

If Geno wanted Candace on the team she would be on the team and 3 committee members would have voted differently

VN Store

Back