News from the Atl Dream

Massengale will make the team coach Michael Cooper really likes her and she is the only true point guard on the team outside of the rookie Niya Johnson of Baylor.

Simmons will be battling with Tiffany Hayes and Matee Ajavon for the 2 spot (she has the upper hand on the 3rd shooting guard Courtney Walker of Texas A&M)

It may work in her favor with several of the players still overseas committed to their national teams for this summer. Michael Cooper also likes Lady Vols as he has coach Holdsclaw, Parker, he also brought in Shannon Bobbit and Nicki Anosike as well, it would be amazing if all 3 of the UT players (Ariel, Meighan, and Cierra) make the team.

Reactions: 1 person
It would definitely be a Dream to see Ariel, Cierra and Meighan back on the court together again.

Reactions: 2 people
It would definitely be a Dream to see Ariel, Cierra and Meighan back on the court together again.

I agree with you. I don't believe any of the 3 players mentioned above played much at all last season except for Burdick & that wasn't much. I think she only played in 10-11 games while Simmons & Massengale didn't even play at all.

Would be nice to see a team with 3 former Lady Vols on the same teams roster. I still root for the LA Sparks as my favorite team just because of Candace Parker but I also still like Indiana as well because of Catchings. She will be retiring though after 1 more season.

Reactions: 3 people
I agree with you. I don't believe any of the 3 players mentioned above played much at all last season except for Burdick & that wasn't much. I think she only played in 10-11 games while Simmons & Massengale didn't even play at all.

Would be nice to see a team with 3 former Lady Vols on the same teams roster. I still root for the LA Sparks as my favorite team just because of Candace Parker but I also still like Indiana as well because of Catchings. She will be retiring though after 1 more season.

Meighan did not make a WNBA roster last season, and Ariel was out injured the whole season. Cierra got injured towards the 2nd half of the season, and that's why she played sparingly.

That's exactly my favorites, too. LA because of Candace and Indiana because of Tamika.

You can add Dallas aka Tulsa because of Glory & Vickie. Very happy for Baugh. I anticipating Glory's return.

Got my fingers crossed for all 3 LVs making the Dream roster.

That's exactly my favorites, too. LA because of Candace and Indiana because of Tamika.

You can add Dallas aka Tulsa because of Glory & Vickie. Very happy for Baugh. I anticipating Glory's return.

Got my fingers crossed for all 3 LVs making the Dream roster.

Vickie got waived 😢

Waived?? Vickie played great last season! That is bad news.

Thanks for letting me know, though.

I believe she got injured again, but I don't have details.

It's a shame - when healthy she was such an exciting player.

Meighan did not make a WNBA roster last season, and Ariel was out injured the whole season. Cierra got injured towards the 2nd half of the season, and that's why she played sparingly.

I didn't realize Simmons didn't play in the WNBA last season. I didn't know Burdick got injured either but I did know about Massengale.

I didn't realize Simmons didn't play in the WNBA last season. I didn't know Burdick got injured either but I did know about Massengale.

Actually, Meighan has never played in the WNBA. Looks like this year might be her best chance to make a roster.

Actually, Meighan has never played in the WNBA. Looks like this year might be her best chance to make a roster.

Didn't Simmons get drafted though? I'm pretty sure she was picked in the draft maybe in the 2nd round? Can't remember for sure. I guess she just never made the team that drafted her.

She played today and was the only player for Atlanta that had a positive ratio on points vs minutes. She scored 8 pts in 5 min.

I don't think she played in the second half. massengale and burdick were terrible today. Atl lost by 20 pts to Chicago.

Didn't Simmons get drafted though? I'm pretty sure she was picked in the draft maybe in the 2nd round? Can't remember for sure. I guess she just never made the team that drafted her.

She was a 3rd round draft pick, but was cut during training camp. She got invited to a camp last year, but was also cut before the season started.

She's started this camp off well. Especially with the Shoni trade, I wouldn't be surprised to see her make a roster.

Burdick could potentially lose her spot to Delisha Milton Jones, who is old enough to be her mother...

She was a 3rd round draft pick, but was cut during training camp. She got invited to a camp last year, but was also cut before the season started.

She's started this camp off well. Especially with the Shoni trade, I wouldn't be surprised to see her make a roster.

Burdick could potentially lose her spot to Delisha Milton Jones, who is old enough to be her mother...

I think all of the lady Vols on the Dream will make the roster. There are several players playing on their countries National Team that wont be with the team for a while or at all this season (Dantas, Lyttle) or they are still overseas playing (Hayes) Burdick can play the 3 and 4 spot which gives her the edge over many of the other players. I think she will be one of the last ones to make the roster.

Congrats to Cierra & Meighan! Best of luck to both LVs. Sad for Ariel, though.

I am looking forward to seeing Meighan play again. Speedy will be a ball of energy for the Dream.

Thanks HoopDr for the link!

I wouldn't give up on Ariel still landing in ATL, they need a point as they have no true PG on the roster. I think she may be brought back at some point of the season

I wouldn't give up on Ariel still landing in ATL, they need a point as they have no true PG on the roster. I think she may be brought back at some point of the season

They have Cortijo, who is a decent PG. I don't get the overstock at SG with Hayes, Ajavon, Simmons, Clarendon and Holmes. Unless they plan on having Ajavon play backup PG, they should offload one of them for a solid backup PG. Between the three they had (Johnson, Ariel, Jones), Ariel is the only one with a consistent outside shot, but Johnson is probably the best pure PG of the bunch.

VN Store

Back