(Softball) Senior Appreciation Thread

2Alum4EverVol

Departing seniors Erin Gabriel, Rainey Gaffin, Lexi Overstreet and Gretchen Aucoin have a lot to be proud of both on and off the field; they've reached the WCWS twice (2013, 2015. Once for Gretchen Aucoin in 2015) and accumulated an overall record of 181-53 (77% winning percentage. 83-29 for Aucoin) with 6 regular season games still left to be played. They probably will not win a national championship this year, but still their accomplishments on the field over the 4 year span have been outstanding. Off the field, they've been winners as well; Erin Gabriel is an academic All-American, and Gaffin, Overstreet & particularly Aucoin all have found time in their super busy schedule to contribute to local community in big ways.

Senior Day is this weekend, and the Big Orange Nation will get to see our seniors play their last regular season games at Sheri Parker Lee Stadium. Moving forward, I wish them the best of luck against Auburn and Ole Miss. I hope they bring their senior leadership, invaluable experience and A game for the postseason play, and help TN advance to OKC one last time. Their senior season deserves to end there (After graduation Overstreet will be playing pro ball in the NPF, Aucoin will be enrolled in graduate program at UT and Gaffin will play for US National Team. I don't know what Gabriel will be doing post-graduation). Go seniors! We will miss you. You guys have made us all proud.

Reactions: 5 people
Thanks for the info on these seniors. My daughter and I went to our first lady vols game and were lucky enough to see them play this season and we both have taken to these seniors and followed them with increased interest

Watched all their home games as well as the away TV broadcasts, they have all represented the university well on and off the field...they will be missed and remembered...⚾😉

All great players for our Lady Vols softball team all will be missed thanks for some great seasons.

Thanks for posting that, I appreciate it. I had been looking for something about the seniors and hadn't found that.

And all along I thought Lexi had a sub-par throwing arm! My apologies to Lexi and her family. Wish Lexi the best. She's a true champion in my eyes just like all other seniors. All four seniors, huge congratulations on graduating from UT!! Officially you guys are UT graduates now. :)

VN Store

Back