Could Candace Parker Play For Another National Team?

hokievol12

I truly don't know the answer. I don't know what steps would be needed for her to take. I know other American players have done so in the past. This USA Basketball organization doesn't really represent America anymore! It's a Gestapo unit based mainly in a tiny state in the Northeast part of the country! I would route for Candace and her team...and I think many who really know what's transpiring with USA basketball would do the same. The writer who took so much flack when he wrote the article that UConn is bad for women's game was spot on...a very well respected reporter in his field also. Geno needs to be removed from any connection with the Olympic team!

Reactions: 1 person
I agreed with you 100% that Geno need to be removed in any competition. When Lisa and other superstars were still active and playing, nobody ever removed them that time, and how many UConn was playing in the National team then? maybe 1 or 2. But as soon as Geno stepped in he tried to turn it into UConn team. If I was in that committee, there's no way I would've sit and have 5 players from the same school represent the country especially when the country had been winning the same international games as the new coach. VAN Chancellor should go back and coach them.

I truly don't know the answer. I don't know what steps would be needed for her to take. I know other American players have done so in the past. This USA Basketball organization doesn't really represent America anymore! It's a Gestapo unit based mainly in a tiny state in the Northeast part of the country! I would route for Candace and her team...and I think many who really know what's transpiring with USA basketball would do the same. The writer who took so much flack when he wrote the article that UConn is bad for women's game was spot on...a very well respected reporter in his field also. Geno needs to be removed from any connection with the Olympic team!

Really? Name three.

As long as he keeps winning gold medals there is no justification for your proposal. I get it's bc you hate Geno, that is understandable. He is a winner, and winning coaches pick their teams with the luxury of not being questioned.

Reactions: 2 people
Candace can't because she's already played for the US national team.

I believe that if you haven't played for the adult national team, then there are circumstances where you can play for another national team based on your family history.

As long as he keeps winning gold medals there is no justification for your proposal. I get it's bc you hate Geno, that is understandable. He is a winner, and winning coaches pick their teams with the luxury of not being questioned.

"...the luxury of not being questioned"...Woody Hayes was a "winner"...came off the bench to trip a player on the opposing team en route to a touchdown...but he was still a winner! Bobby Knight threw chairs and humiliated players, but he was still a winner. USA deserves a coach who represents the country with class, not a jackass who has an agenda that results in one of the best players in the world being left off a team.

"...the luxury of not being questioned"...Woody Hayes was a "winner"...came off the bench to trip a player on the opposing team en route to a touchdown...but he was still a winner! Bobby Knight threw chairs and humiliated players, but he was still a winner. USA deserves a coach who represents the country with class, not a jackass who has an agenda that results in one of the best players in the world being left off a team.

Luigi used Pat and disrespected her in the end. That shows weak character in my opinion. But, he has somehow convinced the good girls to come play for him. He might have done it a little unethically. Not a John Wooden or Pat Summit that's for sure.

No. She's played for the senior national team so she's disqualified from playing for another country. Had she not age could have done what Hammon, Prince, Pringle, Griffin, Leilani Mitchell and others have done and become a citizen of another country.

...Woody Hayes was a "winner"...came off the bench to trip a player on the opposing team en route to a touchdown...

I remember watching when Clemson defender Charlie Bauman (had to look up his name) intercepted an Ohio State pass in the final minutes of the 1978 Gator Bowl ensuring a Clemson victory. Hayes, the OSU coach, was so irate he ran over and slugged Bauman. It was, needless to say, Hayes's last game. Watch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEVJyf0ft3I

Ok, so it's not basketball but hey it was great theater.

It's so interesting because after the last olympics he said he wouldn't coach the olympic team again. ["When people asked me if I was going to do this again, throughout the course of the spring and the summer, I said exactly how I was feeling. I had done it, it was great and it was unbelievable but I felt like it was time to move on to something different," said Auriemma]

Becky Hammon, assistant men's coach for San Antonio Spurs, for one. Now, why don't you give me another one?:) Born in Rapid City, SD, played at Colorado State

I do not have a dog in the fight..... but this is a convenient time to express an opinion..... that being that Becky Hammon is not necessarily the best thing since sliced bread.....

She was selected by Popovich, the best in the business.... that says a lot.... but this is the very first coaching job she has ever had.... would anyone really consider her for job as coach of olympic team with so light a resume....

I think Becky is doing really well in her 2nd season as a coach..... but I always like experience as well

I believe that if you haven't played for the adult national team, then there are circumstances where you can play for another national team based on your family history.

Candace can play for another Country if she want to, but she had to stay away from playing for America a yr or 2 be4 she could play for another Country.

You guys can't be actually serious about her playing for another country can you?

You guys can't be actually serious about her playing for another country can you?

Really! No way she would even think about it if she could. I still say adding Stewart was the reason Parker got left off the USA team. Geno wanted her instead of Parker which is crazy to me but Stewart is as heck of a player. He wanted as many UConn players on the team as possible.

Really! No way she would even think about it if she could. I still say adding Stewart was the reason Parker got left off the USA team. Geno wanted her instead of Parker which is crazy to me but Stewart is as heck of a player. He wanted as many UConn players on the team as possible.

I think that is a reasonable inference given that CP3 and Stewart bring a similar skill set to the game. If Candace were say 34 and in the waning stages of her career, you could almost justify this decision. But Candace is still a prime time performer with 8 years of professional and international experience. There is no way Stewart--player fresh out of college--is at CP3's level.

This dropping Michael Jordan to make room for the 18 year old Kobe.

I thought the op was joking till I read this.you should have enough sense to know better .sure they are some born in USA with grandparents from other countries.but if they let one play then you would see the Russian Olympic team or another be made up of half Cubans or others.and the mexican team would have evety American that felt jilted .

Thanks for the silly laugh.

No, u have stay out of international competition for a year in order to play for another Country. Because she had just played friendly match for America this yr, she will not be able to play for another the same yr if she wanted to,

You know... I have fashion a good deal of my style of coaching after this man. . . But, nothing else!

Last edited:
I think that is a reasonable inference given that CP3 and Stewart bring a similar skill set to the game. If Candace were say 34 and in the waning stages of her career, you could almost justify this decision. But Candace is still a prime time performer with 8 years of professional and international experience. There is no way Stewart--player fresh out of college--is at CP3's level.

This dropping Michael Jordan to make room for the 18 year old Kobe.

I can only imagine this in-season match-up NOW. CP3 will have more reason to take this child to a whipping-post, then anyone she has ever faced.

VN Store

Back