US Women's National Team

I have problems with too and to sometimes lol...anyhow I'll only be rooting for Catch in this one.

LOL! I have noticed that too. Personally, I have trouble with their and there.

Because most people use their cell phones. Spell check can be a beech. LOL And most people don't check before hitting send. I personally have been a victim of it as well.

Lot of appeasement on that team Maya and all her friends. Then a bunch of old UConn players with Stewart. I want cheer for them or against them certain I want even watch.

Parker and Stewie should be switched. Stewie hasn't earned anything. Parker is our (USA) best all around player on the court for USA basketball.
I'm seeing a lot of comments on ESPN right now saying it's her attitude. If Angel Mc-cry-all--the-time hot head made the team, then it's not about attitude.
Politics in basketball on the full stage is what we are seeing.

This can be traced all the way to recruiting. Come to UCONN we can put you on the big stage, we produce Olympic athletes. I'd be interested to hear what Staley would have to say about this (we won't, she's a coach and she wouldn't risk her spot being a coach, because even that can go into her recruiting pitch).

Parker and Stewie should be switched. Stewie hasn't earned anything. Parker is our (USA) best all around player on the court for USA basketball.
I'm seeing a lot of comments on ESPN right now saying it's her attitude. If Angel Mc-cry-all--the-time hot head made the team, then it's not about attitude.
Politics in basketball on the full stage is what we are seeing.

This can be traced all the way to recruiting. Come to UCONN we can put you on the big stage, we produce Olympic athletes. I'd be interested to hear what Staley would have to say about this (we won't, she's a coach and she wouldn't risk her spot being a coach, because even that can go into her recruiting pitch).

Lol! Attitude? Diana Taurasi has led the league in Technical Fouls, curses, throws fits and acts a complete fool when she doesn't get a call. But it's Parker's attitude? A bunch of BULL!

Reactions: 6 people
Angel is anything but but it's Parker's attitude?

Griner? but it's Parker's attitude?

horse hockey!

Reactions: 4 people
Lol! Attitude? Diana Taurasi has led the league in Technical Fouls, curses, throws fits and acts a complete fool when she doesn't get a call. But it's Parker's attitude? A bunch of BULL!

Plus...Taurasi has a track record of DUI'S, throwing her 2nd place medal across the floor in the European championship...total *******...go figure UConn jackasses defending her...

DT uses language on the court that would make the Detroit bad boys blush.

Half the team are UCONN players. Not saying Parker should be on it but that seems a little unfair to all the great women players out there.

I'm sick about Parker being left off - after all she's done for women's basketball and Team USA in the past - it's such a slap in the face.

Unlike some fans on here, I do not think there's any uconn bias. I think the last 2 players on the team were McCaughtry and Augustus. I know the team would have been a bit short on "guard" types, but you have Bird, Whalen, Taurasi, and DelleDonne who are capable ball handlers. I think you need Augustus more than McCaughtry, but Parker would have been about the 3rd of 4th player I'd have chosen for the team so it's a no brainer that Angel should have been left off.

I hate UCONN and Geno but let's be honest - Stewart is a unique player and it's not the first time Team USA has taken a kid still in, or right out of, college. Taurasi, Parker, Moore, and now Stewart. Also, Griner would have been taken while still in college (in my opinion) but she opted to take her name out of consideration for I think the 2010 Worlds, or the 2012 Olympics.

Bottom line Candace handled it with grace and class, which is not surprising in the least. I think the 5 member committee needs to have their heads examined. Morons.

Reactions: 2 people
Half the team are UCONN players. Not saying Parker should be on it but that seems a little unfair to all the great women players out there.
Besides Stewart, name 1 player you'd replace? Bird is still one of the best pure PG's in the world. No other American PG comes close. Diana is one of the best 2's in the world. Maya Moore is one of the best players in the world, never mind for her position. Tina Charles is one of the best 4's in the world.

I'm not sure Stewart is ready. She was a non factor in the 2014 World Championships. But she's a tremendous player who's as unique in her own way as Griner is. I'm not thrilled about Stewart, but I'm more shocked at Angel over Candace....

Reactions: 1 person
Besides Stewart, name 1 player you'd replace? Bird is still one of the best pure PG's in the world. No other American PG comes close. Diana is one of the best 2's in the world. Maya Moore is one of the best players in the world, never mind for her position. Tina Charles is one of the best 4's in the world.

I'm not sure Stewart is ready. She was a non factor in the 2014 World Championships. But she's a tremendous player who's as unique in her own way as Griner is. I'm not thrilled about Stewart, but I'm more shocked at Angel over Candace....

Over the last ten years there have been a lot of great players go into the WNBA. Half the team shouldn't be from one school especially when that school's coach is coaching the team-smacks of favoritism. You're right, all those players are great but there are a lot of great players in the WNBA.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back