UK looses third asst

Elzy will be the interim coach when Mitchell is fired which is why I think she returned

Let's see if anymore players open their recruitment they have two more committed in the 2017 class.

Has anybody told Coach Jumper about the openings? I'd do anything to see less
++++++++++++++++++
:peace::neener2:

Reactions: 8 people
I think "losses" is what they're shooting for :)

Thank you I appreciate that you took the time to explain the difference. I knew it was incorrect but I had forgotten about losses as the correct term. I just noticed it gooses uncorrected frequently around here.

Thank you I appreciate that you took the time to explain the difference. I knew it was incorrect but I had forgotten about losses as the correct term. I just noticed it gooses uncorrected frequently around here.

Uh, the plural of "gooses" is...geese!:search: Just ragging you, man! Nothing personal! Folks on here get to, two, and too confused all the time. Their, there...all the time. I make em, you make em, everyone makes em! I'm so glad no crazy English majors are on here...would completely change the English language!

Clearly, kentucky is in turmoil. The coach seems to have alienated players and coaches. How else to explain all the people who have left?

This is just crazy. What is really going on? I'm just glad this is not us. With this going on, I doubt Mitchell will be at UK much longer. After the season we had, I'm just thankful it's not us.

Reactions: 1 person
I think its because nobody wants to play with Mikayla Epps, she is going into her last year and has been probably given the green light to do what she wants to raise her draft stock

I think its because nobody wants to play with Mikayla Epps, she is going into her last year and has been probably given the green light to do what she wants to raise her draft stock

I do not believe that is the reason. She will be gone next year and all these transfers would have been back. In addition, three assistance coaches have left. There has to be something else.

It has to be more than that. That many players and coaches are not leaving that program because of Epps. Something is going on internally and is not being discussed publicly. Just like there is more to why Elzy was let go than she was pursuing "head coaching opportunities", but she went back to UK as an Assistant Coach. I thought our ship was sinking after a 14 loss season, but UK's ship has sunk.

It started with the coach issue. Matt said he didn't do a good job of being close to them during the recent years. He let go of one, the others wanted to leave, Players felt tied to the coaches and left. Some players like other players and didn't feel comfortable with Matt and uncertain assistants. It is just a sad cycle of turmoil that Matt accidentally caused.

Very sad to see this happen while UK hoops is having great success.

Wasn't Niya a head coach somewhere and just got fired? Kyra probably got Amber.

Yes, she was recently fired after 8 seasons at Arizona. Just to show how little they must care about women's basketball, Niya went 102-147 with only one winning season and never made the NCAA tournament. She even went 5-25 in 2014 and was still allowed to coach two more years. Can you imagine them allowing that for their men's team? Some good athletic departments simply don't care about women's basketball; Arizona being chief among them.

VN Store

Back