Vanderbilt ....

That would be typical Vanderbilt, waiting almost 2 months after the women's season ended (as well as losing and hiring a new men's coach in that same time period) while all the best candidates have been swooped up.

Also unfortunate because Balcomb would have been a perfect hire for the new assistant position here. No idea if she would even be interested but she has proven when she has talent she knows how to run an offense. I could definitely see Russell playing the role of a Chantelle Anderson (very similar skillset)....

Reactions: 1 person
Vandy has a highly rated class coming in, any chance Holly can flip anyone.... like All-American LeaLea Carter? We were initially told by the "recruiting guru" here that Carter was a lock to come to Tennessee.....

The word on the street is that the timing was strange but was because administration was giving her an opportunity to find something else. Much like Stallings did. I imagine that could have been a factor in Kim going to TN Tech

I would bet on Rick before Matt from the Insell family. Also hearing McMillan and Neighbors. The most interesting name I've heard and the one I'm pulling for is Kellie Harper.

Hopefully this will help us beat them easier. Balcomb probably won more games against us than any Vandy coach.

Too bad for Vandy. She's a great coach, but wasn't able to recruit at Vandy. I don't think they're really committed to wbb there.

Too bad for Vandy. She's a great coach, but wasn't able to recruit at Vandy. I don't think they're really committed to wbb there.
She may be a good coach but there was usually turmoil on her teams between her and some of the players. She also has a reputation of not being very friendly. I was told it appeared that she didn't care as much about the program since she and her partner adopted a baby or at least gave off that vibe.

That would be typical Vanderbilt, waiting almost 2 months after the women's season ended (as well as losing and hiring a new men's coach in that same time period) while all the best candidates have been swooped up.

Also unfortunate because Balcomb would have been a perfect hire for the new assistant position here. No idea if she would even be interested but she has proven when she has talent she knows how to run an offense. I could definitely see Russell playing the role of a Chantelle Anderson (very similar skillset)....

Of course, Jim Foster coached Anderson her first 3 years of college, and she was actually more productive her soph. and junior years than she was as a senior. But I agree that Balcomb seems to get the ultra most out of so little.

Bouchec(sp?) would leave Seattle, where she could coach this years and last years college #1 picks, not have to share practice time with players having to go to classes and go to the doormat school in the SEC? yea, that'll happen... lol

Reactions: 1 person
Bouchec(sp?) would leave Seattle, where she could coach this years and last years college #1 picks, not have to share practice time with players having to go to classes and go to the doormat school in the SEC? yea, that'll happen... lol

I thought the same thing, I think Harper makes sense and possibly Foster returning. I don't think they would gamble on a first timer like McCray nor do I see Nicki Caldwell leaving LSU. I would if Carolyn Peck has a desire to coach again and at her Alma Mater. She could always return to broadcasting if it didn't work out.

VN Store

Back