Kyra Elzy returns......

Yep she needs to recruit down to one player in recruiting class. Plus seems she won't be the mean coach at Kentucky as seems that one is already there.

Last edited:
From my perspective, Elzy was never the problem at Tennessee. She was the political sacrificial lamb for Holly to try to buy time and credibility that something was being done to right the ship. The problem has always been, and continues to be, Holly. And I feel embarrassed for how Tennessee is treating a former player.

Reactions: 16 people
I feel badly for her because I fear she's traded one strained situation for a dumpster fire. On the other hand if shes as good a recruiter and coach has some have claimed (I have no opinion on it) then she will get her opportunity to prove it.

Kentucky will have 7 players left after Camara leaves and 1 of the 2 players scheduled to come in next year has been granted her release. So a total of 8 roster players absent JUCO transfers.

The year after that they will lose Epps and Akhator.

Unless they can recover from these de-commitments with equal talent or coach up inferior talent UK is headed for a slide.

Reactions: 3 people
Yep she needs to recruit down to one player in recruiting class. Plus seems she want be the mean coach at Kentucky as seems that one is already there.

OK, so some still buys the theory sub par recruiting was Kyra's fault just because she had the recruiting coordinator title?

And the second sentence makes even less sense. Whatever it is you are smokin, you can keep it to yourself.

From my perspective, Elzy was never the problem at Tennessee. She was the political sacrificial lamb for Holly to try to buy time and credibility that something was being done to right the ship. The problem has always been, and continues to be, Holly. And I feel embarrassed for how Tennessee is treating a former player.

Not the first time that has been done in Knoxville. Sadly, it seemed to have help just enough to keep trying it again. IMO just as before, it is just delaying the inevitable.

Reactions: 1 person
I think the problem is there was no unity between the coaches which was noticeable within recruits as lauren cox dad said it in an interview saying they put up a good united front.

From working for Holly to trying to kick her a**. Should make for great theatre between two teams trying to battle it out for second in the SEC....

It is a shame that administration has not realized the real issue, however, Holly has a chance to right the ship. This 2017 recruiting year as well as the 2016-2017 playing season should leave no doubt, though many of us think we already know, as to Holly's ability to be a success. There will be no doubt what so ever, however, if Holly fails, expect some fans will still support her and go down with the ship.

from my perspective, elzy was never the problem at tennessee. She was the political sacrificial lamb for holly to try to buy time and credibility that something was being done to right the ship. The problem has always been, and continues to be, holly. And i feel embarrassed for how tennessee is treating a former player.

amen !!!!!

You are wise!!!

Check the rafters, Holly is also a former player, and first jersey retired!

Reactions: 3 people
OK, so some still buys the theory sub par recruiting was Kyra's fault just because she had the recruiting coordinator title?

And the second sentence makes even less sense. Whatever it is you are smokin, you can keep it to yourself.

If you can't understand a post just move on. She needs to recruit at Kentucky because they lost two of their recruits yesterday and are down to six scholarship players.
The reason seems to be that the coach there is mean to the players the same thing that was suspected of Elzy at Tennessee as several players were said to be leaving. So she is going to a place where she want be the meanest coach maybe. Then again maybe she will help clean out the rest of the Kentucky roster.

If you can't understand a post just move on. She needs to recruit at Kentucky because they lost two of their recruits yesterday and are down to six scholarship players.
The reason seems to be that the coach there is mean to the players the same thing that was suspected of Elzy at Tennessee as several players were said to be leaving. So she is going to a place where she want be the meanest coach maybe. Then again maybe she will help clean out the rest of the Kentucky roster.
If you use "won't", I don't think anybody will be confused about what you are saying. It was kind of confusing at first when read the way it was written.

Reactions: 2 people

I'm surprised more asst. coaches were not ask to leave. none of them seemed to add anything to the program. they are just filling seats on the bench and drawing huge paychecks. like the head coach.

I agree

VN Store

Back