Kentucky and Corsaro

Makes one wonder what's going on in Kentucky. She signed an LOI with KY and would have to be given a release by the school in order to "re-open" recruiting. And, I don't see Kentucky just handing out releases unless something major has occurred!

Jim

What are our chances we go after her? I know Holly was supposedly against going after the PG that committed to S. Carolina however she was a PG. Lindsey seems more of a 2/3. I think it couldn't hurt to go after her.

Makes one wonder what's going on in Kentucky. She signed an LOI with KY and would have to be given a release by the school in order to "re-open" recruiting. And, I don't see Kentucky just handing out releases unless something major has occurred!

Jim

It is odd because I feel like something would be said if this is major issues within the program or something wrong with Mitchell himself. I have always known him to be a great guy, but he needs to give an explanation. This is downright embarrassing.

I guess I can rationalize the recruits leaving because of the coach leaving, but it is still baffling.

Last edited:
I wonder if Holly and staff will pursue her? She's a big athletic guard that can really shoot and is fundamentally sound. We need shooters desperately!

Jen Smith of Herald Leader reporting Elzy going back to Kentucky as associate head coach.

They lost the commitment of that 6'4" player ranked number 30 in the 2017 class. If we go after anybody should be her. She was at one time willing to go to Kentucky and were just a few hundred miles down the road and is exactly the kind of player we need a lot of.

UK released her from her LOI. Her father says she will take her remaining four OVs before deciding. Wonder if UT will be one?

Reactions: 2 people
Probably was released because the Assistant that recruited her was let go.

Lets hire THAT assistant! Maybe she can bring the KY recruit with her? Cannot get recruits on our own??

Then hire the Coach at Vandy who recruited Chassity Carter....

With these two recruits at least we might be rated??:)

Reactions: 1 person
2016 Lindsey Corsaro

2016 Lindsey Corsaro
6'-0" guard
2016 HoopGurlz
Overall rank 35
Position rank 6

"Roncalli's Lindsey Corsaro has cut her list to Baylor, Indiana, Michigan, Tennessee, Texas, UCLA and Washington. Former Kentucky recruit."

- Kyle Neddenriep, 8 May 2016

-------------------------------------

April 26, 2016

One of the stateÂ’s top girls basketball players is reopening the recruiting process. Roncalli senior Lindsey Corsaro, one of four finalists for IndyStar Miss Basketball, was granted a release from her letter of intent with Kentucky on Tuesday.

“It’s a tough situation for us,” said Corsaro’s father, Greg Corsaro. “Kentucky has had some uncertainty the last couple months with some coaches and players and Lindsey felt like she should reconsider her options. She’s not ruling out Kentucky.”

The 6-foot Corsaro, a McDonaldÂ’s All American, committed to Kentucky in May 2014. She set seven Roncalli records, including career points (1,904) and single-season scoring (607 points). Corsaro rebounded from a torn anterior cruciate ligament in her knee near the end of her junior season to average 25.3 points and 9.7 rebounds as a senior.

Corsaro took only one her five allotted official visits (to Kentucky). Greg Corsaro said Kentucky still plans to recruit his daughter.

“She just committed so early and there’s a little bit more uncertainty now,” he said. “We talked to (Kentucky coach Matthew Mitchell) and he’s been nothing but cooperative.”

Kentucky is coming off a 25-8 season and a Sweet 16 appearance in the NCAA tournament. But the Wildcats have just six scholarship players returning. Six players have left the program in the past year and assistant coach Tamika Williams-Jeter resigned on Monday.

“There’s some changes going on (at Kentucky),” Greg Corsaro said. “They aren’t necessarily bad changes. We plan to see what interest there is out there and then take a look and see where she wants to do official visits. We’ll continue to talk to Kentucky.”

Corsaro is the No. 35-ranked player in the 2016 class by ESPN."

-

Last edited:
Prospects Nation has Corsaro listed at 6'1 and ranked 15 ahead of both Chou and Landrum.....(who are in the 20's)...

From Jordan Bland box score, she played 14 minutes and had 4 points and 8 Boards...she also had a steal, an assist, and a block. She seems to be very active on the court.

UPDATE

... No longer considering Kentucky.
... Corsaro could potentially take 4 official visits.
... She has not set any dates for visits.

- Kyle Neddenried, Indianapolis Star, 8 May 2016

Holly has no in-place system/basketball template which uses the individual talent/attitude/work ethic/ and fit any player brings. Every new teammate is a whim based on ratings, availability, and expediency. If somebody says they are good grab them. Personality, character, and ego are all traits that are unnecessary to factor in. Hence her players have the commonality of a lotto machine.

Last edited:
Holly has no in-place system/basketball template which uses the individual talent/attitude/work ethic/ and fit any player brings. Every new teammate is a whim based on ratings, availability, and expediency. If somebody says they are good grab them. Personality, character, and ego are all traits that are unnecessary to factor in. Hence her players have the commonality of a lotto machine.

Please explain your reasoning for this very odd assumption. It seems 3 are from Oregon, played AAU ball together, how many are from the Atlanta area, 5?

As a coach you have to see potential beyond standard procedures. If the "right people" says they are good... You'd be a fool not to at least followup on them. This happens on every level from competitive rec to the WNBA. Holly is doing her job by seeing ANY prospect that those who's opinions she values, suggests or refers. You never know how your talent will be referred until you investigate it. And I agree with the chitown... She has geographically covered two hotbeds for girls basketball in acquiring talent from Oregon and Atlanta.

You can see potential as early as it reveals itself... In my first year in Atlanta 1999, I was unknown tp the area so I coached an area competitive rec league. I coached both the 12u and the 16u's to get into the network. This 10 year old girl was going through the pre-draft skills demonstrations. I walked over to her mom and introduced myself and asked why a talented kid like hers was playing rec ball and not AAU. She was new to the area and this was the first BB she had come across. I told her that Te would learn nothing in this level and if she would put her in the 16u's I wold take her in a 2nd or 3rd spot. I knew she'd be available because TEN years OLD!!!!. We played for the EMBL championship that season in the 16u's with Te coming off the bench for me. ... Te... Te'Erica Eason was a four star guard in prospects for 2015 last year on propects https://prospectsnation.com/player/teerica-eason

So don't jump Holly for doing her job and looking and considering KNOWN prospects from reliable sources!... Its her JOB!

Last edited:
Corsaro is as good as it gets when you are looking for perimeter players. She has the entire game not one dimensional like some of our present players. She can play both ends of the court with great efficiency. If we are so lucky for her to choose Tennessee we better grab her immediately would be foolish to pass on a player of her caliber.

Corsaro is as good as it gets when you are looking for perimeter players. She has the entire game not one dimensional like some of our present players. She can play both ends of the court with great efficiency. If we are so lucky for her to choose Tennessee we better grab her immediately would be foolish to pass on a player of her caliber.

I said the same thing, if we could add her to the Harris, Nunn, and Green class we would immediately improve our team for the next few seasons. She would also push players like Carter, Reynolds, and Middleton who have a tendency to disappear offensively.

I said the same thing, if we could add her to the Harris, Nunn, and Green class we would immediately improve our team for the next few seasons. She would also push players like Carter, Reynolds, and Middleton who have a tendency to disappear offensively.

Still need a legit point guard who can hit the three.

VN Store

Back