Candace Parker left off team USA for Rio olympics

This is just crazy! She deserves to be there. Maybe Geno had something to do with it who knows but it's a silly move by USA basketball.

What ever the reason is 'Geno' is a Devil. All he want is everyone to believe that UCONN win it all. I've been saying it that college Coach should not be allow to coach international game. When he started benching Parker I knew it. I pray they lose it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Candace Parker is the Lebron of the wnba, she does it all & there is no way you leave a player like her off the roster!

Reactions: 3 people
If Breanna Stewart makes the team, then we all know why. You knew he would sacrifice one of the former Lady Vols to make way for Stewart. But I don't blame him for this, I blame USA Basketball. Why would they get college coaches anyways to coach the National team? Clearly, any coach can use the fact that they coach the National team as a recruiting advantage. To me it sounds personal. I wonder does this still lingers in his mind and he had to pay her back some way?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2LmuQ3VDYM

What ever the reason is 'Geno' is a Devil. All he want is everyone to believe that UCONN win it all. I've been saying it that college Coach should be allow to coach international game. When he started benching Parker I knew it. I pray they lose it all.

Lol! I agree. I will not be rooting for USA Women's Basketball this Olympics. That's just crazy.

If you look up "power play" in the dictionary, this is the example given.

Well actually there's an Olympic committee who selects who makes it and who doesn't. Just sayin before the thread becomes consumed with Geno bashing. But it is weird that she's been at the forefront of promoting the National team for Rio and doesn't make it. I wouldn't go no where near Rio.

Reactions: 1 person
Well actually there's an Olympic committee who selects who makes it and who doesn't. Just sayin before the thread becomes consumed with Geno bashing. But it is weird that she's been at the forefront of promoting the National team for Rio and doesn't make it. I wouldn't go no where near Rio.

That may be true, but as the head coach he can influence their decision. Their is no way Swin Cash or Aishja Williams should of been on the last team over some other very good players. It ain't no way he is not using this in recruiting. "Come to UConn and there is a good chance you'll be an Olympian."

Reactions: 3 people
Saves her from possibly being a midnight snack for a zika mosquito. I wouldn't want to go there to the Olympics if I was her.

And, maybe it makes her mad enough to want to coach at UT and beat his snarkey arse! lol

I can't wait to see the final roster! This is such a bad horrible decision that it could very well prevent me from rooting as hard as I normally do for team USA! I would rather left off a Simone Augustus or McCoughtry than Candace, seriously!

if I were Catchings I would tell ass hole geno I no longer wanted to be considered for team...its apparent the committee is a group full of damn idiots to leave Parker off team...I refuse to watch the team play in rio.

If Breanna Stewart makes the team, then we all know why. You knew he would sacrifice one of the former Lady Vols to make way for Stewart. But I don't blame him for this, I blame USA Basketball. Why would they get college coaches anyways to coach the National team? Clearly, any coach can use the fact that they coach the National team as a recruiting advantage. To me it sounds personal. I wonder does this still lingers in his mind and he had to pay her back some way?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2LmuQ3VDYM

:lolabove:

and wasn't Kara Lawson snubbed 4 years ago? It's obvious what's going on here.

Reactions: 2 people
It's not Stewart vs. Parker. Stewart would have been in ahead of Angel and Siemone. Clearly Parker should have been on the team at the expense of Angel or Siemone, and as much as I hate Geno, it's the committee that needs to explain what the F* they are thinking about. It's just wrong.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back